Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

I think we sucked all along

And didn't know it.
    It's like if you have an ugly kid , do you know it? You love them unconditionally , see their best qualities and traits. Everyone tells you how cute they are and ewe and awe over them and you just believe it. I think that's what happened this year.
    I mean we looked great against Texas ( but they are real ugly). And we looked ok against fsu turns out they must suck to. I don't think we want to take OUr ugly kid to the big game.
    Posted from iOS app

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner in Tampa's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I think we sucked all along

I don't know about all of that...add Fleming, Wort, and Whaley, and I think we have a completely different game. BUT, you have to play with who you have

As far as FSU goes...they seem to have finally rebounded...they beat the snot out of Maryland. They are FINALLY getting healthy from the beat down (physical) we gave them.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Beanbag View Post
    Six stitches is a pretty decent sized gash.
    Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder View Post
    To hell with Nebraska...they are overrated and irrelevant.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 MyT Oklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

I dunno.. please define "suck".
    OU 20 UT 36 "It is what it is." Mack Brown 10/12/13

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

OU should have done the Bill Snyder Special on Seth ******.

vCash

I think we just had a flat game at the wrong time... on all sides of the ball. That being said, while we are probably really, really good, we may not be elite yet. Maybe we just need some time to jell like last year. At the same time, those future games against KSU, Baylor, A&M and especially OSU just became a lot more worrisome.

vCash

I considered the game against Kansas State to be worrisome before last night. Try after our less than inspiring game against KU last week.

KSU will be a dog fight.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TMcGee86's Avatar
    vCash

I agree. I wanted to think we were championship caliber this season, but when I look back on it, there's not really much to go on. FSU is meh, Texas is gawd awful, and those are our only "big" wins. We looked just okay against pretty much everyone else. Defense looked lost at times in nearly every game. Offense looked sluggish except in spurts. That does not a championship team make.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

It is the same chit every year...fans with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads....another easy undefeated season and MNC...too bad, on average, those only happen every 10 years or so in premier programs....

Annual expectations are always greatly exaggerated.;...

vCash

I believe it's also called "overrated" and in our case this year we were. How we respond next week will be interesting.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    It is the same chit every year...fans with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads....another easy undefeated season and MNC...too bad, on average, those only happen every 10 years or so in premier programs....

Then we are overdue for one of "those years."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MyT Oklahoma View Post
    I considered the game against Kansas State to be worrisome before last night. Try after our less than inspiring game against KU last week.

KSU will be a dog fight.
    I had the same feeling before last night, but for some reason now I'm not worried at all and I think we beat them convincingly.

vCash

That would depend upon which OU team shows up. I'm hoping that it's the one that we're capable of being.

We didn't have unrealistic expectations this year at all. Coach Stoops even embraced it. This was the year...the team had a special purpose, and then the team came out and just didn't even give an effort in the first half...sad to go out that way.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by btb916 View Post
    We didn't have unrealistic expectations this year at all. Coach Stoops even embraced it. This was the year...the team had a special purpose, and then the team came out and just didn't even give an effort in the first half...sad to go out that way.
    The best of teams have bad games...everyone believed they had a chance to go undefeated....some though, realize there is still a chance of a loss...history is littered with great teams that pulled a boner and lost a game....

Your expectation were too high...you expected it to happen..you believed there was no reason for it to not happen...

And now that the team has lost you blame the team instead of your exaggerated expectaions...

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MyT Oklahoma View Post
    KSU will be a dog fight.
    Hope we have a Pit Bull...
    "Image is what people think we are. Integrity is what we really are"

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 cccasooner2's Avatar
    vCash

The best of teams have bad games...everyone believed they had a chance to go undefeated....some though, realize there is still a chance of a loss...history is littered with great teams that pulled a boner and lost a game....

Your expectation were too high...you expected it to happen..you believed there was no reason for it to not happen...

And now that the team has lost you blame the team instead of your exaggerated expectaions...

My exaggerated expectations were never called in to play one down on either side of the ball. If Stoops had shown some confidence in my expectations and allowed them to make one critical play, we would have won.
    Mike Stoops: "F*ck me. " - Quoted during the FAMU game following the 1st quarter timeout for 12 men on field.

Bob Stoops: "My feeling is, it's about time. We need to win one."

Bob Stoops: Stoops "embraces" pre-season hype

Travis Lewis: Sooners have "embraced" championship pressure

My expectations were the same as the team's. And of course I blame the team for losing...they played the game. You think the team isn't blaming themselves right now?

The best teams have bad games, but this wasn't an isolated incident on the road...this was at home against the worst-rated past D in the nation, coming off another weak effort against one of the worst defenses in the nation. This wasn't just "a bad game." This was a poor effort all the way around.

I'm not unrealistic. I'm not on here bashing anyone. I'm just speaking the truth...it is sad that we let the home winning streak go, our national title hopes go, and all over a poor effort.

Sure it happens...and I'll be back at it next Saturday, rooting like crazy to get the win. And then I'll be back in the stands against A&M. And if we lose against A&M, I'll be back again next year, sitting in the same spot, with the same hope at the beginning of the season. I don't feel entitled to a championship, and you've put quite a few words in my mouth...but yeah, I expected better from the boys last night. But in the end...it happens. I'm not going to hold it against anyone.

We will always suck as long as

1) We don't have a dedicated special teams coach
    2) Our defensive coordinator stays put.

All I want for Christmas is for Brent Vulnerable to get offered a Head Coaching job, please.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Have I mentioned:

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by btb916 View Post

this was at home against the worst-rated past D in the nation.
    wait what?