Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Every Cop in this country should resign!

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Bill View Post
    By huckleberry, you mean a handwringing progressive beta male right? Are you really angst-ridden too?
    That really depends on how much coffee I had on that particular day.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Serenity Now View Post
    That really depends on how much coffee I had on that particular day.
    You may need to lay off that stuff. Vet and Turd both say you've been sending them suggestive PMs also. You might be getting a little too fired up. Maybe mix in some decaf along the way?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

My sent folder goes back to 2011 and, out of the 10 total, I don't find any to those two. I offered condolences to a poster who apparently had a death in the family in June of 2011. Sic'em and I figured out that we were from roughly the same area (I'm just a lot older) and a few educated me as to the ways of this place and how you and Turd fight the spek battles that I find so entertaining. This will give you another one to hit me with. Victory!

Oh, and you're a liar.

vCash

My sent folder goes back to 2011 and, out of the 10 total, I don't find any to those two. I offered condolences to a poster who apparently had a death in the family in June of 2011. Sic'em and I figured out that we were from roughly the same area (I'm just a lot older) and a few educated me as to the ways of this place and how you and Turd fight the spek battles that I find so entertaining. This will give you another one to hit me with. Victory!

Oh, and you're a liar.
    I'm a liar? Why, that's just mean and hurtful! You might wanna check in with HQ, because you progressive folks are supposed to care more for your fellow man than to call them hurtful names.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

Over time, more good teachers would stay in teaching (or stay in Oklahoma) and more qualified teachers would come to teaching as opposed to accounting or nursing. As it stands many kids in college steer away from teaching because of the pay.
    so your saying the teachers that have 15+ years are bad? really...appreciate the compliment. (26 yrs). Everyone going into teaching is under qualified...hmmm, ok.

Just like dunba$$ 8th, I'd invite you to come to my school, take over a classroom for a week...see how you like it. It'll have to been close to testing time so you can feel the real pressure of trying to get kids that are behind on a good testing level.

I'd say, since I'm actually IN education I might have just a bit more realistic view. People don't go into teaching because of the money. It's funny when I see someone try to control/guide a group of kids, that have NO CLUE.

Just like someone has an innate ability to be good with math, drawing, etc....I believe teachers are like that. Probably a lot of police officers are that way as well. Are there some folks that are not good? yes, (just like EVERY JOB) I've taught with some. Guess what? they are no longer teaching. I'd even go so far as to say the teachers in the urban schools are better than the suburban schools. (personal experience with my own kids).

This is def off the op topic, but the same can be said for police. They have a hard job, 95% of their interaction with folks is negative. Then some dumba$$ goes off and people wonder why the cops get physical. Do what they say, file a complaint the next day. This dude was NOT a stand up NORMAL citizen.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

You took that completely wrong.

Are experienced and qualified teachers leaving Oklahoma for other states?

Do some potentially good teachers choose nursing or some other profession?

My wife is a teacher and has won to different state teacher of the year awards for her particular discipline. She can retire next year at 53 but won't. I wanted to go in to teaching. My attorney father effectively disallowed it because of teacher pay.

My oldest wants to be a teacher. I have advised her to get certified in Arkansas or Texas so she can make 10,000 more per year. My daughters boyfriend wants to be a coach and a teacher. He chose another degree tract because of the pay. He'd be great at it.

vCash

There isn't a profession in this country that bitches and moans about their pay more than teachers do, and no other public employee gets the time off that they do. Teacher pay should be 45-50k tops. It could stand to be bumped up a little, but honestly the incessant whining from the education community makes me less inclined to support them.

The real solution is to completely abolish public education, privatize education from bottom to top, and let the free market decide how much a teacher is worth.

vCash

and poor people would pay for this how?

yet another conservative solution where the answer is "don't be poor"

it's already hard enough to not be poor if your parents were poor, but i get that you aren't really going to understand that.

as for cops, i think this goes directly to the Broken Windows Theory and using cops to generate revenue.

if someone that owes child support has to fear going to jail because of a traffic stop, then they might not cooperate with cops.

when you have no money or a crappy job, getting into the endless cycle of tickets, court costs, jail time, losing crappy job, etc... from any run-in with a cop can really tank your life.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post

it's already hard enough to not be poor if your parents were poor, but i get that you aren't really going to understand that.

as for cops, i think this goes directly to the Broken Windows Theory and using cops to generate revenue.

if someone that owes child support has to fear going to jail because of a traffic stop, then they might not cooperate with cops.

when you have no money or a crappy job, getting into the endless cycle of tickets, court costs, jail time, losing crappy job, etc... from any run-in with a cop can really tank your life.
    You and the rest of the handwringers could give em all your money?

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

i'm just a pragmatist.

vCash

i'm just a pragmatist.
    Ok, you and the rest of the pragmatists can give em all your money.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

vCash

Dave whats scary to me is YOU and folks like you really believe this crap. I was from a Poor home, I was taught to stay clean and respect authority.Work hard and take care of my responsibility!
    A lot of Poor parents in this country have worked Crappy jobs and sacrificed for their Children to be better off than they were.
    Being poor and having a Crappy job does not excuse you from being responsible for your actions!

Now here we have a Poor underprivileged Member of Society that has gunned down a Cop in memphis.
    Wheres the OUT RAGE??? Oh it was a white Cop killed and a Black thug that killed him.
    Give me a break
    Quit apologizing for something you Nor I ever had a hand in, And quit Pandering to the Thugs who never suffered From it.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

How far would you have gotten without an education?

I'm not apologizing, I'm explaining. Cops aren't your friend. They are the modern tax collector.

vCash

How far would you have gotten without an education?

I'm not apologizing, I'm explaining. Cops aren't your friend. They are the modern tax collector.
    Everyone has the same opportunity for an education that i had,I fail to see a Point there.
    Yes there are Bad cops But there's more BAD guys.

The next time you have an emergency make sure you call 1-800- thug.that would be 1-800-8484. dont call 911 they will just take yer money!
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    There isn't a profession in this country that bitches and moans about their pay more than teachers do, and no other public employee gets the time off that they do. Teacher pay should be 45-50k tops. It could stand to be bumped up a little, but honestly the incessant whining from the education community makes me less inclined to support them.

The real solution is to completely abolish public education, privatize education from bottom to top, and let the free market decide how much a teacher is worth.
    2 things
    #1 I've NEVER bitched about my pay...nor do 90% of the educators I know.

#2 Try adding up the cost of a sitter/daycare. You'll agree that's "free market", right? Believe me it's done...it usually works out to, I believe, about 77K a year...well ABOVE the avg salary. Nice try though. (my calculation of 77K is based on 23 kids in a room -my district's avg..some states it's 30+, not the 30 listed below)

From another rant about teachers getting paid too much for the little time they work:
    That's right. Let's give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and planning -- that equals 6-1/2 hours).
    So each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many students do they teach in a day...maybe 30? So that's $19.50 x 30 = $585 a day.

However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations.

LET'S SEE....

That's $585 X 180= $105,300 per year. (Hold on! My calculator needs new batteries).

What about those special education teachers and the ones with Master's degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an hour. That would be $8 X 6-1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days = $280,800 per year.

Wait a minute -- there's something wrong here! There sure is!

The average teacher's salary (nationwide) is $50,000.

$50,000/180 days = $277.77 per day / 30 students = $9.25 / 6.5 hours = $1.42 per hour per student -- a very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!)

WHAT A DEAL!!!!

* back to OP, yes, the background of this guy IS important...and cops have a hardass job.
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

vCash

You took that completely wrong.

Are experienced and qualified teachers leaving Oklahoma for other states? don't know..I'm not in Okla, but same issue here

Do some potentially good teachers choose nursing or some other profession? yes, like any job

My wife is a teacher and has won to different state teacher of the year awards for her particular discipline. She can retire next year at 53 but won't. I wanted to go in to teaching. My attorney father effectively disallowed it because of teacher pay.

My oldest wants to be a teacher. I have advised her to get certified in Arkansas or Texas so she can make 10,000 more per year.she needs her masters as well My daughters boyfriend wants to be a coach and a teacher. He chose another degree tract because of the pay. He'd be great at it.
    the biggest issue is the pressure for test scores. If your kids teach in a suburban area, then it'll a lot easier....coaching as well. Going urban is where the issue is. I just saw Blind Side for the first time. I have had many kids just like "Big Mike", thing is very few react like he did by the time they are that old..it's usually negative. I'm sure the folks in Ferguson wanted their Mike to be just like Big Mike...but he wasn't.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Everyone has the same opportunity for an education that i had,I fail to see a Point there.
    Yes there are Bad cops But there's more BAD guys.

The next time you have an emergency make sure you call 1-800- thug.that would be 1-800-8484. dont call 911 they will just take yer money!
    I was responding to sicem's desire to shut down schools.

And it's not like I fault cops completely for these interactions. I think they are used for the wrong things. Sure they should be out there, but enforcing minor traffic violations makes the majority of their interactions with the public negative

vCash

I was responding to sicem's desire to shut down schools.

And it's not like I fault cops completely for these interactions. I think they are used for the wrong things. Sure they should be out there, but enforcing minor traffic violations makes the majority of their interactions with the public negative
    I will grant you the fact there are some cops who go on power trips, But it really is pretty simple to avoid those kinds, Its called DONT BREAK THE LAW.
    I put my cruise control on just about every time I go anywhere , I check my lights and turn signals regularly, I pay attention to traffic and the signs around me,

The ONLY time a cop has ever harassed me is when I was negligent in those things except that one time in Watts, and I made him take me to jail cause he was an Azz!
    Kept that Speed trap artist off the streets for well over 2 hours LOL

vCash

The lack of respect/no respect for anything among a certain segment of the population is appalling.......
    Hey... maybe T BOONE can pony up and start a Stilleater newspaper... but the players would probably just use it to roll the weed.