Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Mavs Talk

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ruf/Nek7's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Mavs Talk

Not sure why or how I quoted myself there but it looks good.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

Illegitimi non carborundum

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ruf/Nek7 View Post
    I hope a new cap is enforced and breaks it up otherwise they may be back next year.
    Lets be careful what we wish for on the NBA imposing a hard cap....A big key to the Mavs success was that Cuban willing to go over it and pay out of his own pocket to bring in key guys and the Mavs will need it if they are going to resign a bunch of their FAs, which include Tyson, Caron, and J.J. among others. Cuban will have to payout a bunch to keep this team intact. I hope he can bring everyone back, but realistically I'm not sure that everyone will be back.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ouleaf View Post
    Lets be careful what we wish for on the NBA imposing a hard cap....A big key to the Mavs success was that Cuban willing to go over it and pay out of his own pocket to bring in key guys and the Mavs will need it if they are going to resign a bunch of their FAs, which include Tyson, Caron, and J.J. among others. Cuban will have to payout a bunch to keep this team intact. I hope he can bring everyone back, but realistically I'm not sure that everyone will be back.
    I understand your concern and though I am not familiar with all the team's financial standpoints, I would like to think all teams would be affected. Can Lakers pay kobe and keep odom, and bynum? Can memphis pay Randolph and Gay? OKC westbrook, perkins, durant....I could go on and on. I am curious to see what we do with Caron.
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

I understand your concern and though I am not familiar with all the team's financial standpoints, I would like to think all teams would be affected. Can Lakers pay kobe and keep odom, and bynum? Can memphis pay Randolph and Gay? OKC westbrook, perkins, durant....I could go on and on. I am curious to see what we do with Caron.
    If the soft cap continues, it certainly favors the large market teams or the teams with owners that aren't afraid of the luxury tax. Lakers had highest payroll of $91.65MM followed by the Mavs at $90.76MM...Heat came in at No. 17 in the league at just under $67MM.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Can Lakers pay kobe and keep odom, and bynum? Can memphis pay Randolph and Gay? OKC westbrook, perkins, durant....I could go on and on.
    The NBA salary cap is way too complex for me to bother trying to fully understand, but I'm pretty sure resigning players is pretty much a non-issue as far as money is concerned.

Edit: nevermind. I see that you're talking about if new rules were implemented.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Did anyone else see this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Cuban on ESPN.com
    "I might not get rings," the Mavs' billionaire owner told NBATV. "Rings are old school. You've seen it before: There's guys who pick up the sweats and towels and they have these big, blingy rings. I'm like, 'Rings are done. It's time to take it to the next level.'"
    The first thing that I pictured was Mark reproducing the trophy itself and giving each player and coach a replica.

vCash

Yeah, I did read that and unfortunately I cannot provide any insight. Its Mark Cuban, if anyone can provide insight to Cuban, then they may just be Nostradamus
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

No clue either on what Cuban will do in terms of championship bling. I hope he does a ring, but am intrigued as to what else he could come up with? Maybe he'll do both?

Sooner Benchwarmer WE ARE dirtburglars's Avatar
    vCash

Anyone hear about the $90,000 bottle of booze he brought to the Miami nightclub the night they won it all? That man knows how to party!

vCash

I'm sure he had a special savings account specifically for finals celebration...its been accruing for quite some time
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

shoot, $90k is literally pocket change for him, the life of a multibillionaire.

vCash

The best part about this is of course the Mavs winning the championship, but a close second for me is that worthless POS Dampier does not get one first. Worst acquistion of the Donnie/Cuban era.

vCash

The parade is going to go right by my office and there have been seas of people out here now for hours before it has started....Crazy, crazy stuff.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by WE ARE dirtburglars View Post
    Anyone hear about the $90,000 bottle of booze he brought to the Miami nightclub the night they won it all? That man knows how to party!
    Don't forget that he tipped the wait staff $20,000

vCash

I thought about going to the parade/celebration, but knew there'd be a few too many people there for my liking. Wouldn't have minded being in the AAC though. Watched it on TV..I thought it'd be incredibly cheesy, but it was pretty cool. IMO
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT View Post
    Don't forget that he tipped the wait staff $20,000
    nothing awesome like that ever happened to me when I was working at a restaurant my first few years of college. I wonder how they divided that up because where I worked at, your tips were yours to keep 100%.

vCash

I rode the train out there and it kinda reminded me of OU/texass back in 09. The parade was awesome and glad it didn't end like the 93' Cowboys Super Bowl parade.

Also, for those who were curious about Cuban not wanting rings, players decided they want rings so I think rings it will be but Cuban supposedly wanted to buy each player a Bentley detailed with the O'brien trophy on the hood. Just FYI
    FADADA DLSD RDPC05 SS12
    Keeper of the Guns 08

vCash

I'd take a ring and a Bentley...

...but you have to get rings, I mean...it's just what you do.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonerloyal's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by WE ARE dirtburglars View Post
    There's not an lake of liquor in the universe that's worth that kind of money.

No.

No, there isn't.

Nope.
    "I thought the only way we could beat Bama is if they came in unmotivated like we did against Boise. Bama wasn't caught off guard, OU didn't use cheap-*** trickeration...for 60 minutes we punched them in the face and they went down." - SoonernAR

"The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    - Hubert H. Humphrey

vCash

Think the Mavs did a pretty good job...They are still trying to keep their chance at another championship open, so they don't need projects right now, they need guys that have NBA experience and can fill a role for them. Fernandez is a nice add I think. One, you add some youth to the oldest team in the league. Two, he costs you virtually nothing. Three, he'll help fill the vacancies when the Mavs more than likely do not bring back Peja and Stevenson.

It'll all depend on who the Mavs bring back on just exactly how big of a role Fernandez will play. Of their major FA's, the Mavs will absolutely resign Chandler and then I think you either have to choose between Caron or JJ, but the odds of bringing both of them back are small. Both guys would have to give the Mavs a considerable discount if they really want to stay here.