Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash

Re: How can we STOP ABORTIONS?

Quote Originally Posted by sooneriniowa View Post
    Who says the earth is billions/trillions years old? The same scientists that cant tell when life begins? I think you're starting to talk in circles. ..
    what is life?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom View Post
    what is life?
    And that right there is about the most loaded question ever.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    The concern is abortion. If the baby is formed and attached, it's abortion, regardless of the chemistry of the pill. The Left should ponder that situation. psst. it IS MURDER. You can play the stupid card all you want, but to abort is murder. It's legal, as of Roe v Wade, and that's what makes no sense.
    the idea is to prevent it from implanting. at least if we are going to argue, know the facts that can be verified.

the morning after pill is basically letting you catch up like you have been taking the regular pill, from what i can tell.

i think equating it to abortion is likely the work of the people that are against birth control in the first place.

Sooner Benchwarmer sooneriniowa's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner:3581666
    Who says the earth is billions/trillions years old? The same scientists that cant tell when life begins? I think you're starting to talk in circles. ..
    Earth is billions of years old. 3.5 billion years. This is observable through dating, geology and what have you.

Kind of like how the Sun doesn't revolve around the Earth and if you try to sail from one end of the world to the other, you won't sail off the edge.

I'm only talking circles because I'm having to explain to you what science is and you're apparently not smart enough to grasp it.

Go read books.
    Oh I read plenty of books, some with pictures even..so life is not observable or testable? Yet inanimate objects are. We can come to conclusions using similiar methods that the earth is billions of years old but not when life begins. Based on how your responses are arranged I can tell that you are going to pick and choose what you think is proof for the outcome that you want...you chose the correct profession
    "With Paul Thompson at QB, Oklahoma will not win the Big 12."
    -Lee Corso "is a penis" 9/2/06

Drunky Town Limnologist Fraggle145's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    If there are dividing cells it is alive...
    No this isnt necessarily true. We combine sea urchin sperm and eggs in intro zoology labs across the country all the time. The cells divide in the petri dish. Same with a lot of in vitro stuff with humans. Just because something has the ability to replicate itself doesnt make it alive. Look at the formation of crystals. They self-replicate, are they alive?
    Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    your puny brain can't understand the awesomeness of God
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

What is funny is that this thread is bringing out all the anti-science arguments now. Since science cant explain everything right now, everything that has been discovered or that we do know is obviously false. Effing ridiculous. Science isnt really about answering questions, it is about creating new ones. For every answer there are usually thousands more questions that throw it into doubt.
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    And that's one of many possible subjective conclusions as to when life begins.
    It is not subjective...if there are dividing cells it is alive..no debate...

DNA says it is human...

So science says it is alive and it is human (at least a developing human)

The debate is about a "functioning" human...no debate on the science side of being alive or "human"...

vCash

And that right there is about the most loaded question ever.
    It is not loaded...science says dividing cells are alive...

vCash

All of those are theories, they are not laws. They are not testable, demonstrable or immutable. However, they are extraordinarily likely, supported by literal mountains of data and are constantly being challenged with new data. They are also things which occurred over billions and trillions of years and are not remotely the same as the question as to when life begins, which is about as testable and demonstrable as the theory that exactly 79 angels can dance on the head of a pin (without discounting for the possibility of some of those angels being cherubs, and everyone knows .75 cherubs per angel).

And yes, I'm making fun of all of the folks who think they can objectively prove when life begins.... everyone knows that's when the Prophet Mohammad appears and breathes soul into the zygote 36 minutes after implantation.
    And Evolution is testable and has been tested thousands of times. You cant prove anything in science.
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    It is not loaded...science says dividing cells are alive...
    No it doesnt. Science says dividing cells are dividing.
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle145:3581690
    What is funny is that this thread is bringing out all the anti-science arguments now. Since science cant explain everything right now, everything that has been discovered or that we do know is obviously false. Effing ridiculous. Science isnt really about answering questions, it is about creating new ones. For every answer there are usually thousands more questions that throw it into doubt.
    So since science cant explain God, then God doesn't exist..but if Science cant explain life then it cant exist? So many questions yet so few answers...give science time

vCash

So since science cant explain God, then God doesn't exist..but if Science cant explain life then it cant exist? So many questions yet so few answers...give science time
    God is untestable, hence god is unscientific. Science doesnt care whether or not there is a god because you cant test for a god. Its impossible to test for demonic intrusion.
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

All life is, is an arbitrary definition distinguishing between organic and inorganic compounds. It really has more to do with decay than with creation, IMHO.
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Fraggle145 View Post
    No it doesnt. Science says dividing cells are dividing.
    There are other qualities that help define life..stimulus and reproduction being two...

A newborn baby cannot reproduce so we must toss out the window...
    A newborn does react to stimulus so that can be used in the argument...

But a dividing cell is alive...

I don't give a **** one way or the other...the preggers person has a right to control their own body...

But to dismiss the other scientific side of the argument is just as foolhardy...

vCash

Dividing cells dont necessarily respond to stimuli. I think you would still have to more specific before you could get me to agree that just because cells are dividing means that they are alive.
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib

vCash

God is untestable, hence god is unscientific. Science doesnt care whether or not there is a god because you cant test for a god. Its impossible to test for demonic intrusion.
    So explain to me why someone would say that God doesn't exist if Science can't explain it? Also explain why someone would say Life cant be determined since science can't explain it.
    Believe in God and you are an idiot...Don't believe that Science is always true and you are an idiot.. Dude....everyone that has posted on this topic is an idiot...prove me otherwise...or neg spek me again..Thanks Fraggle.

vCash

Dividing cells dont necessarily respond to stimuli. I think you would still have to more specific before you could get me to agree that just because cells are dividing means that they are alive.
    Other parameters...
    Growth yep
    Needs nutrition - yep from mother
    Respiratory - yep from mother

So out of the five we have only stimulus being in question....

And if stimulus is a question why do we struggle over unplugging someone who is brain dead or comatose and does not respond to outside stimulus?

vCash

So explain to me why someone would say that God doesn't exist if Science can't explain it? Also explain why someone would say Life cant be determined since science can't explain it.
    Believe in God and you are an idiot...Don't believe that Science is always true and you are an idiot.. Dude....everyone that has posted on this topic is an idiot...prove me otherwise...or neg spek me again..Thanks Fraggle.
    God can't be proven with logic. bringing God into a science/logic discussion is silly.

when life begins is more about semantics and philosophy than science.

personally, i'm somewhat offended that you anti-science shills have co-opted this discussion to insert some middle-ages religion into it.

vCash

It is up for debate as far as when reaction to stimulus occurs...some say as early as 12 weeks...some say mid 20 weeks...

vCash

Whah! I got red spekked... Dont you know the rules about spek... see this thread if you want to know what you sound like: http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/sho...For-The-Record

As for why would someone say god doesnt exist, that is up to them its their personal opinion. If they base it on the fact that science cant test it that is what they base it on. But that really isnt a science issue, it is a faith issue. Anyone can give reasoning about why they have or dont have faith. Its a philosophy question, not a science question.

When life begins cant really be defined. There are properties of things that are organic that are used to define things that are alive that arent observable in inorganic things. pphilfran pointed out a few.

I never said you are an idiot. Belief isnt what science is about its about what do the facts tell you at the time. It is always changing. But to deny the facts that we have, especially when they have been tested as extensively as something like evolution is being willfully ignorant. BTW, evolution doenst have anything to do with creation of life or how it started simply what happens after...
    Olevet Posse - Dirty Lib