Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Congrats SicEm

Administrator
    vCash

Re: Congrats SicEm

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    It's insane for Mulkey to get in trouble for talking to the father of a player whose daughter was playing on the same team as her own at a game.

Anyway, these issues are trivial and nowhere near in the same league as the Bliss/Dotson scandal.
    If the best they (the NCAA) has is the communication between Mulkey and some parent, I'd think that would be a secondary violation. I thought I heard this morning that the meat of the investigation was something like 1000+ calls/text between coaches and recruits? That's getting close to Kelvin Sampson numbers!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 8timechamps View Post
    If the best they (the NCAA) has is the communication between Mulkey and some parent, I'd think that would be a secondary violation. I thought I heard this morning that the meat of the investigation was something like 1000+ calls/text between coaches and recruits? That's getting close to Kelvin Sampson numbers!
    Maybe Baylor will only receive a minor penalty, like only being ineligible for the NCAA tournament, or something like that. Or, maybe only have to forfeit NCAA tournament wins that they had THIS year, huh?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

It's insane for Mulkey to get in trouble for talking to the father of a player whose daughter was playing on the same team as her own at a game.

Anyway, these issues are trivial and nowhere near in the same league as the Bliss/Dotson scandal.
    Why would her daughter be on an AAU team in Houston? Isn't Dallas, Ft Worth, Austin and San Antonio closer??? Hmmmm, I'm sure it was coincidence that Mackenzie just happened to land on Griner's team in Houston. Kim Mulkey would never do anything so low!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerjeepman's Avatar
    vCash

I thought km was lesbian..lol surprised she even has a kid! course, she could be one of those "new" lesbians..."tried" to do the social thing then just couldn't stand it...guess my gadar is jacked up if that's the case! LOL..

is km still married...maybe the daughter stays with dad who lives in Houston? don't know and don't care...just thoughts...

** will add...I'm NOT saying she is..just always thought she was...interesting...Sic'em..yes or no?
    How do you know if you get there, if you don't know where you are going?..oh and I had 1,713 post on the "other board"..I hate being a rookie again!

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerjeepman View Post
    is km still married...maybe the daughter stays with dad who lives in Houston? don't know and don't care...just thoughts...
    The daughter graduated from Wacko Midway High and the father still lives in Wacko.

Kim's still gushing over the washed up country crooner, Trace Adkins aka Steven Seagal, professing his crush on the pig-tail wearing Mulkey at Lousyana Tech back in the day! She got him a gig singing the national anthem at either the regional or Final 4 this year and he also made it into Hypocrite U's locker room. Guess he saw someone who could revive his career??? I think she peed her fake leather pants every time they were shown together this year. She's been at Hypocrite U what, 10 years? And he's never mentioned before that he had a college crush on her until this year and has showed up in Wacko at games and followed them all over during the tourney. He's married too.

Interesting pull-quote from a Berry Tramel column on Baylor's investigation:

"It’s even worse that Mulkey’s program is involved. She’s accused of improper contact with star center Brittney Griner. Hmm, wonder if Griner played a big role in Baylor going 40-0? Mulkey is not particularly popular with her peers. She’s a little feisty and a lot abrasive. Now coaches, especially those in the Big 12, have serious reasons to resent the coach who has brought two NCAA titles to Baylor."

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by NMSooner'80 View Post
    Interesting pull-quote from a Berry Tramel column on Baylor's investigation:

"It’s even worse that Mulkey’s program is involved. She’s accused of improper contact with star center Brittney Griner. Hmm, wonder if Griner played a big role in Baylor going 40-0? Mulkey is not particularly popular with her peers. She’s a little feisty and a lot abrasive. Now coaches, especially those in the Big 12, have serious reasons to resent the coach who has brought two NCAA titles to Baylor."
    Quite honestly, that's shocking!!!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
    The daughter graduated from Wacko Midway High and the father still lives in Wacko.

Kim's still gushing over the washed up country crooner, Trace Adkins aka Steven Seagal, professing his crush on the pig-tail wearing Mulkey at Lousyana Tech back in the day! She got him a gig singing the national anthem at either the regional or Final 4 this year and he also made it into Hypocrite U's locker room. Guess he saw someone who could revive his career??? I think she peed her fake leather pants every time they were shown together this year. She's been at Hypocrite U what, 10 years? And he's never mentioned before that he had a college crush on her until this year and has showed up in Wacko at games and followed them all over during the tourney. He's married too.
    There's no such thing as "Waco Midway High." Midway isn't in Waco -- it's in Woodway. This is typical of the accuracy associated with your posts thus far, so don't consider me the least bit surprised by your ignorance.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

There's no such thing as "Waco Midway High." Midway isn't in Waco -- it's in Woodway. This is typical of the accuracy associated with your posts thus far, so don't consider me the least bit surprised by your ignorance.
    Actually it in McGregor. 19 miles from WACKO! Same difference!

I'd be pissed off at Mulkey too!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tycat947 View Post
    Actually it in McGregor. 19 miles from WACKO! Same difference!

I'd be pissed off at Mulkey too!
    lol, no, Midway is not in McGregor.

http://www.midwayisd.org/site/default.aspx?PageID=1

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

I know it's a little late, but eff Baylor. We chase Kelvin outta town for excessive calling/texting and Baylor slaps their coaches' wrists. With air. Which doesn't even make a slapping noise.

If "Skeletor" wasn't such a cool nickname for the hated one, I'd call her the Baylor B!tch... oh wait, this is SF.com. Baylor Beyonce.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

They had a nice run.

vCash

I thought you ran Kelvin out of town because he was a ****ty coach and the recruiting issues just gave "Don"Castiglione the excuse he needed.

This is a ridiculously minor and petty issue. Baylor self-imposed penalties on Drew, and the NCAA clearly doesn't believe the severity of the infractions warrant additional sanctions.

There's nothing to see here -- run along.

What this really boils down to is the fact that many of the big time programs are awfully butthurt over Baylor's recent success in...well...everything. It's about the 1% being mad that someone from the 99% doesn't know their place.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Sampson won as many games as Coach K. He wasn't ****ty. Keep watching.

Administrator
    vCash

I thought you ran Kelvin out of town because he was a ****ty coach and the recruiting issues just gave "Don"Castiglione the excuse he needed.

This is a ridiculously minor and petty issue. Baylor self-imposed penalties on Drew, and the NCAA clearly doesn't believe the severity of the infractions warrant additional sanctions.

There's nothing to see here -- run along.

What this really boils down to is the fact that many of the big time programs are awfully butthurt over Baylor's recent success in...well...everything. It's about the 1% being mad that someone from the 99% doesn't know their place.
    Sic'Em, I thought you were a little more level-headed than this. Anytime the NCAA labels violations as "major", it's not just a "nothing to see here, move along" thing. Your program lost scholarships. Which, in my opinion, is a much larger thing to overcome in basketball than football. Your program will feel the ramifications of this, just not immediately.

Congrats on the recent success of Baylor sports, I'm sure it's been a great year or so to be a Bears fan, but seriously? Your school is not that far removed from being the perennial Big XII whipping boy. Nobody's butthurt that Baylor has had some success. People are butthurt that your coaches broke the rules, and whether or not that led to that success, is still pretty bad.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Baylor only lost 2 scholarships. This (IMO) ain't major. KM is restricted in recruiting. I bet that tears her up.

Vacuums eat while yelling

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    Sampson won as many games as Coach K. He wasn't ****ty. Keep watching.
    I lost track of how many trips he made to the postseason in a row, but it was streak that didn't end till after we sent him to Indiana. And we won the Big 12 tourney a few times despite KU's annoying dominance.

And oh yes, we are soooo jealous of Baylor.

That single Heisman trophy is something OU could NEVER hope to replicate. And he's expected to be the SECOND overall pick in the NFL Draft? Soooo jealous of that too. And you guys won your bowl game as well? AND won the OU-Baylor football game this season? We just have no idea what that's like so of course our jealousy is just driiiiiiping.

And Baylor basketball. I admit that Nike has tried to create new uniform colors for OU with an occasional black football jersey appearing in the bookstore, or a gray basketball jersey appearing on Blake, but highlighter yellow and "platinum" on your men's and ladies teams was just to die for. Why oh why can't OU have highlighter or platinum jerseys. Woe is OU. Soooo jealous of Baylor.

Anyways, once again, eff Baylor. You are one uppity remark away from being relegated to the Conference USA/Mountain West convergence conference. Even sneeze the wrong way and UT goes independent, OU goes to the SEC, OSU holds its breath to turn even more bright orange and the Big 12 is dead. So, be lucky that you're still alive. There's no Ann Richards to save you this time (and please don't try to say that was a myth. We all know it was politics that kept you outta a sh!t tier conference last time and politics will NOT save you next time).

And yes, badger is now operating on about a few hours of sleep at a time, so she might be a bit more irritable a bit more easily

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Well said, Badger, and Happy Motherhood to ya!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by badger View Post
    I lost track of how many trips he made to the postseason in a row, but it was streak that didn't end till after we sent him to Indiana. And we won the Big 12 tourney a few times despite KU's annoying dominance.

And oh yes, we are soooo jealous of Baylor.

That single Heisman trophy is something OU could NEVER hope to replicate. And he's expected to be the SECOND overall pick in the NFL Draft? Soooo jealous of that too. And you guys won your bowl game as well? AND won the OU-Baylor football game this season? We just have no idea what that's like so of course our jealousy is just driiiiiiping.

And Baylor basketball. I admit that Nike has tried to create new uniform colors for OU with an occasional black football jersey appearing in the bookstore, or a gray basketball jersey appearing on Blake, but highlighter yellow and "platinum" on your men's and ladies teams was just to die for. Why oh why can't OU have highlighter or platinum jerseys. Woe is OU. Soooo jealous of Baylor.

Anyways, once again, eff Baylor. You are one uppity remark away from being relegated to the Conference USA/Mountain West convergence conference. Even sneeze the wrong way and UT goes independent, OU goes to the SEC, OSU holds its breath to turn even more bright orange and the Big 12 is dead. So, be lucky that you're still alive. There's no Ann Richards to save you this time (and please don't try to say that was a myth. We all know it was politics that kept you outta a sh!t tier conference last time and politics will NOT save you next time).

And yes, badger is now operating on about a few hours of sleep at a time, so she might be a bit more irritable a bit more easily
    I'm jealous too!!!

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by texaspokieokie View Post
    Baylor only lost 2 scholarships. This (IMO) ain't major. KM is restricted in recruiting. I bet that tears her up.
    You do realize under NCAA rules, men's and women's basketball teams can only have 13 scholarship players at a time, right? If you think taking 2 of those scholarships away isn't a major thing, then you must know something I don't.

The KM restriction is worthless. Assistants do most of the 'on the road' recruiting anyway.