Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tulsa Shootings

vCash

Re: Tulsa Shootings

from what it looks like in the court records, that guy wasn't convicted for killing his dad, just had to finish his suspended sentence of 6 years that started on the gun conviction with a few more months added on

i don't see what that matters on the kid's sentence though. it's not like he was shooting the people that shot his dad. revenge on people the same race as your dad's killer isn't exactly a valid defense
    Last edited by yermom; 4/9/2012 at 10:23 AM.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Whet's Avatar
    vCash

his baby momma girlfriend killed herself in January, too

Administrator
    vCash

Meh comes to mind here.

vCash

maybe now he goes to prison and starts blowing up DAs and stuff like Leonidas did

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OULenexaman's Avatar
    Back in beautiful crime free Lenexa...far away from all the Obama loving losers
    vCash

some good herd thinning....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SouthCarolinaSooner View Post
    With a little hate crime tacked on. I'm in the South Park camp when it comes to Hate Crimes, though.

Lock 'em up for the rest of their lives, no sense wasting any more $ and time on the death penalty.
    But we should spend even more money keeping them locked up for the rest of their lives?

Death Penalty is a lot cheaper than keep them alive for 40+ years!

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    But we should spend even more money keeping them locked up for the rest of their lives?

Death Penalty is a lot cheaper than keep them alive for 40+ years!

Not Really Bro
    Hell Lawyers get rich appealin DP cases .at the Tax payers expense
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Not Really Bro
    Hell Lawyers get rich appealin DP cases .at the Tax payers expense
    True that.

There's not much the DP has going for it, 'cept as I heard one Criminal Court of Appeals Judge put it--the recidivism rate is 0% once the DP is imposed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

As far as appeals go, in my opinion:

1. The appeals process should have time limitations on it. The appeals should be done within 1-2 years.
    2. If the condemned man/woman is not a wealthy individual, then the attorneys get zero tax payer money. They are to do it pro bono.

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member KantoSooner's Avatar
    vCash

DP is waaaay more expensive than life.

That and the fact that our DA's tend to send the wrong guy to death row a distressing percentage of the time is pretty much sufficient to make me want to get rid of the DP. Mind you, if a cop happens to shoot a perp during commission of a crime, I'm not going to get too torqued.
    "I don't know karate, but I know ka-razor!" - James Brown

vCash

I like to remind folks that think the DP is cheaper that the appeals process will never go away unless they want to put their own freedom at risk someday. Accidents do happen and sometimes people get charged for premeditated murder when they are not guilty. We all know these murders are an accident but the families of the 3 victims will spend many more days of their lives trying to make sure the DP gets imposed upon these guys. They won't see justice until they drag themselves through multiple appeals and a hell of a lot of pain for a whole lot of people that will be required to be a part of it all.

Putting these guys away for the rest of their lives with no parole will be much cheaper and a heck of a lot less damaging on everyone who"s emotions run with revenge.

The first murder has led to these and now you want to impose a DP that will probably lead to even more?

Getting these proceedings over and these guys in jail for the rest of their lives will allow healing in the Tulsa Community to begin as soon as possible.

Many Preachers and Churches discussed these events over Easter and all agreed that they hoped reprocussions would not take place and that they knew everyone was upset but that more bloodshed is not the answer. IMO that would include invoking the DP.

These guys should never walk the streets of America again.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Just read that the Rev. Al Sharpton is heading to Tulsa...

OleVet Posse Instigator

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    If Al and Oprah ****ed, I bet their baby would be white.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Turd_Ferguson View Post
    Will he stop by Cushing and tell us how he helped the pipeline?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonercruiser's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by cleller View Post
    People pick on other people to victimize based on skin color all the time. Some people verbalize it, like these two. Most do not verbalize it, but it is out there for anyone to see.
    Please allow me to correct this statement...
    Few white people victimize Blacks based on their race.
    Only Blacks apparently do that.....the facts don't lie.....90% of crimes on Black victims, are committed by other Blacks.

But, the media and Jesse J, and Al No-So-Sharpton don't make a living on that news.
    How can there be too many children?
    That is like saying there are too many flowers.
    Mother Teresa

-------------------
    (Or, too many tax-payers!)

vCash

IF the perps were acting on racial motivation, well, there are going to be morons around until the end of time.
    The important thing is that the police agencies (staffed with white, black, yellow, red and brown officers) and the city authorities (same) acted quickly, professionally and decisively to apprehend and stop the perps.
    That's the difference between now and the bad old days; and it's a point of which Tulsans and Oklahomans in general can take pride.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonercruiser View Post
    Please allow me to correct this statement...
    Few white people victimize Blacks based on their race.
    Only Blacks apparently do that.....the facts don't lie.....90% of crimes on Black victims, are committed by other Blacks.

But, the media and Jesse J, and Al No-So-Sharpton don't make a living on that news.
    Are you trying to say that blacks kill other blacks because of some racial motivation?

I'm pretty sure most racially motivated killings occur across racial boundaries not within one race.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post
    As far as appeals go, in my opinion:

1. The appeals process should have time limitations on it. The appeals should be done within 1-2 years.
    Not possible. While the attorneys are required to do their jobs within a limited period of time, it often takes an inordinate amount of time for the appellate courts to send out their opinions. Also, my father once got a guy off of death row with an appeal alleging massive prosecutorial misconduct, which the appellate court agreed with. After the Defendant had been in prison for 3 years subsequent to his conviction, it went back to trial and the jury came back with a not guilty verdict. Under your rules, he'd have just been given the needle.

2. If the condemned man/woman is not a wealthy individual, then the attorneys get zero tax payer money. They are to do it pro bono.
    Great. Then the state's attorneys should work pro bono too. Fair is fair. Besides that, what you're arguing is totally unconstitutional. You have a right to an attorney any time your'e facing any kind of jail time be it for murder or not paying your child support.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KantoSooner View Post
    IF the perps were acting on racial motivation, well, there are going to be morons around until the end of time.
    The one guy sounds like he's gone through a lot and definitely has a reason to be angry. I wish someone close to him would have sat him down and explained how irrational it is to blame all blacks for what happened. Maybe someone did try...

Now he's just another murderer of innocent people. My guess is that, unless he's a sociopath he's going to wake up one day with real remorse.

vCash

You're probably right, and he is young. But, to my mind, when you put a gun in your hand, a whole lot of your precious excuses just went away.
    He went out and shot people he didn't even know, who had nothing to do with his father, or his girlfriend. Because he was angry.
    And because he was, and is, a moron.
    And the state can't do anything about people deciding to be morons before they act out, mostly. After the fact, however, we can, and should lock them up and weld the bars closed.