Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mazeppa's Avatar
    vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Do as I say, Not as I do

A liberal hypocrite?...Thats just crazy talk right there.

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

Eye Brows are raised!

vCash

Conservative Stuff Re: Do as I say, Not as I do

In other news...

Romney files for extension on his 2011 tax return

By Blake Ellis @CNNMoney April 13, 2012: 7:07 PM ET

NEW YORK (CNNMoney) -- Like millions of other Americans, Mitt Romney isn't going to be ready to file his taxes on time this year.
    The former Massachusetts governor and his wife Ann filed for an extension for their 2011 taxes, according to tax forms released by the Romney campaign on Friday.

The documents included Form 4868, which grants taxpayers a six-month extension to file their returns. The form listed the Romneys' estimated tax liability as $3.2 million, and stated that the family has already made payments of $3.4 million. A second form showed that the Romneys applied a payment of $887,000 toward estimated taxes when they filed for the extension.

Earlier this year, the Romneys released an estimate of their 2011 taxes, which was the same $3.2 million amount that appeared on the extension form.

A campaign spokeswoman said they will release their 2011 tax return when it is filed, presumably within the next six months. She also noted that the couple has filed for extensions in prior years as well.
    For the 2010 tax year, the Romneys paid $3 million in taxes on $21.7 million in income.

http://money.cnn.com/2012/04/13/pf/t...sion/index.htm

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

Is Romney playing class warfare saying that everyone should pay their fair share?

Deflection---failed.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT View Post
    Is Romney playing class warfare saying that everyone should pay their fair share?

Deflection---failed.
    It never fails with these people

Calmly point out something that Obama is doing wrong and You get slamed with "Its Bush's Fault" "Look what McCain would have done" "Romney is worse"

**** em Im sick of their ignorant **** .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I thought Obama didn't like "fat cats" who used loopholes to get away from paying their "fair share"...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sappstuf View Post
    I thought Obama didn't like "fat cats" who used loopholes to get away from paying their "fair share"...
    Now you went and did it again
    Yer gonna get a ton pf response Blamin Bush then On to Look what Romney's doing
    If they do say they will discuss the issue they usually thro out 42 paragraphs per post of nonsensical crap
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Obama makes 8 times what his secretary makes? How can he sleep nights? He should spread the wealth.

vCash

One guy who is The President of the greatest Country on Earth files his return and the guy saying he can do a better job is to busy to be bothered with such silliness.

Got it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    It never fails with these people

Calmly point out something that Obama is doing wrong and You get slamed with "Its Bush's Fault" "Look what McCain would have done" "Romney is worse"

**** em Im sick of their ignorant **** .
    Sorry....you lost me here.

Who did what wrong? I think both The President and the GOP Front Runner are within their legal rights as far as I know.

So far nobody is blaming Bush for anything that I can see.

vCash

It dont take much.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    One guy who is The President of the greatest Country on Earth files his return and the guy saying he can do a better job is to busy to be bothered with such silliness.

Got it.
    Many file for extensions...even though an extension is filed you must pay all possible tax liability in advance...which he did...nothing to see here...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post

Got it.
    ----What is wrong with filing an extension?---You still have to pay what you owe by April 15th or you pay a fine and interest---I file an extension every year not because I want too but I don't have all the info I need----I am sure Romney has a much more difficult return than mine

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 diverdog's Avatar
    vCash

Let's see

Romney paid an effective tax rate in 2010 of 13.9%
    Obama paid an effective tax rate in 2011 of 20.5%

If all millionaires paid an effective tax rate of 20.5% I think I would be pretty happy.

vCash

True. And it's not like Romney does his own taxes. When you start dealing with tax situations like that, you're pretty much going to always be involving large accounting firms.

As far as the President's situation, it's not a "tax shelter." Saying as much demonstrates that the writer doesn't really have much of a grasp on the tax code or what he's writing about. The Obamas have already paid taxes on that money. Their daughters simply don't have to pay gift tax on that money as it is gifted to them or their trusts or whatever. There's a 12K per year limit (24K for couples) on gifts coupled with a gift and estate combined $5MM lifetime limitation. If you've ever inherited something and not had to pay estate taxes, you're basically taking advantage of the same part of the Tax Code the Obamas are.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by REDREX View Post
    ----What is wrong with filing an extension?---You still have to pay what you owe by April 15th or you pay a fine and interest---I file an extension every year not because I want too but I don't have all the info I need----I am sure Romney has a much more difficult return than mine
    Nothing but He's running for the Presidency and if he's trying to get every vote he can...I'd think he'd shut up the Obama Campaign by just filing his taxes. Even if he made a mistake and say overpaid....it would make him look like he didn't have anything to hide, he didn't have any money problems and that he had zero problems.

Maybe full disclosure shows he made a bunch of deposits to Off Shore Accounts? Not against the law either if done properly but it sure wouldn't be something I'd want to disclose if I were him. Maybe there is some deductions he doesn't want the American People to be privy to before the election.

These things I'm talking about might mean absolutely nothing to you but it might to those running against him.

Just saying....

Also...I never said there was anything wrong with filing an extension....I'm not running for anything though.

vCash

As someone who probably won't vote for Etch-a-Sketch, what the hell does it matter what the guy made last year or when he files his taxes? We can all rest assured he's probably not going to simply decide not to pay. Aside from that, he's successful. Ridiculously so.

It's about as valid an issue as Obama's birth certificate.

vCash

Have any of us seen that Obama wants to get rid of the $13k (per parent) gift that isn't subject to the gift tax? My guess is that this isn't one of the hot topic items that Democrats want to get rid of. I'd dare say many of them (even those without great means) would favor keeping it.

And let's be a little realistic. I'm all in favor of getting rid of some of my deductions if that puts our country on a better footing financially. That doesn't mean I'm not going to take those deductions or donate my money to the federal government. If it needs to be done then we can all pay the price.

That doesn't make me a hypocrite.

Note: I wonder why they only gave $12k rather than the $13k...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    Have any of us seen that Obama wants to get rid of the $13k (per parent) gift that isn't subject to the gift tax? My guess is that this isn't one of the hot topic items that Democrats want to get rid of. I'd dare say many of them (even those without great means) would favor keeping it.

And let's be a little realistic. I'm all in favor of getting rid of some of my deductions if that puts our country on a better footing financially. That doesn't mean I'm not going to take those deductions or donate my money to the federal government. If it needs to be done then we can all pay the price.

That doesn't make me a hypocrite.

Note: I wonder why they only gave $12k rather than the $13k...
    For 2011, the number was 12K. I'm guessing in 2012, it'll be 13K.