SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Where is the OU game on DISH ?

Checked al the PPV channels and couldn't find the game.In addition I called Dish customer service and talked to Rajish(better known as Dave) and he couldn't find it either.Dave/Raj did apologize because he did not understand my initial question because he is not a sports person. Someone please tell me Dish IS carrying this PPV and you have the channel number! Thanks.

On the plus side I could save $39.95 if I can't order it.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Re: Where is the OU game on DISH ?

I read over on landthieves that DISH doesnt have it........take that for what its worth.

Update.....I saw another thread where someone said they can see the channel but it is blocked due to some kind of dispute.....geeesh.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Mississippi Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

I don't have Dish anymore, but I know it isn't uncommon for them not to have a PPV game listed until the afternoon before or sometimes the day of the game. It caused me a few anxious moments in the past. Plus, you have to deal with those people who have no idea what American college football is.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bonkuba View Post
    I read over on landthieves that DISH doesnt have it........take that for what its worth.

Update.....I saw another thread where someone said they can see the channel but it is blocked due to some kind of dispute.....geeesh.
    Hmmm. May be something to that. I see on the FS Southwest website where they have every provider listed except Dish Network.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mississippi Sooner View Post
    It caused me a few anxious moments in the past. Plus, you have to deal with those people who have no idea what American college football is.
    TRUE DAT

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Crimsontothecore's Avatar
    vCash

I just finished my second chat with a Dish CSR about the game. I have been given conflicting information so take this with a huge grain of salt.

Wednesday I inquired about whether the game would be available or not. After much delay, I was told the game would be available but the channel wouldn't be announced until Saturday. I was also told the price would be $26. That part didn't add up when everybody else is charging $39.95.

This morning I wanted to confirm so I once again opened a chat with a Dish CSR. Again, after waiting for them to 'search" for several minutes I was told it would be carried on CBSsports channel 158. I asked for the price and was told it would be broadcast free for those who have that channel. I grabbed the remote and checked the channel for tomorrow at that time and it shows Louisiana tech at Houston. I mentioned this and the CSR corrected herself and said it would be channel 159 which is NBCsports. Right now that channel shows Army at San Diego state but it also says "subject to programmers schedule change" so who knows.

vCash

wow

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsontothecore View Post
    I just finished my second chat with a Dish CSR about the game. I have been given conflicting information so take this with a huge grain of salt.

Wednesday I inquired about whether the game would be available or not. After much delay, I was told the game would be available but the channel wouldn't be announced until Saturday. I was also told the price would be $26. That part didn't add up when everybody else is charging $39.95.

This morning I wanted to confirm so I once again opened a chat with a Dish CSR. Again, after waiting for them to 'search" for several minutes I was told it would be carried on CBSsports channel 158. I asked for the price and was told it would be broadcast free for those who have that channel. I grabbed the remote and checked the channel for tomorrow at that time and it shows Louisiana tech at Houston. I mentioned this and the CSR corrected herself and said it would be channel 159 which is NBCsports. Right now that channel shows Army at San Diego state but it also says "subject to programmers schedule change" so who knows.

I think you got one of those CSRs who has no idea what football even is. Every time they've shown a PPV in the past, it's always within the Fox SportsNet range, and it seems like it's usually around channel 416. I can't believe Fox would have one of their PPVs on another network's channel. But then again, who knows?

vCash

Isn't it so crazy trying to get correct info from customer service people who, in many cases, are domiciled in outside countries- some term it as outsourced- and really don't know what is supposed to be offered through their service. Still trying to get the straight info on any PPV options that may be offered to me here in Vermont. I did get the word that my cable network Comcast or Xfinity (as it may be known) is not carrying the game in this region. Surprise!!! Going to have to scramble to hook up with someone that would be willing to share the cost of PPV offered on DirectTV. Might be my only option left, if, in fact, it is available..

Boomer

vCash

in other words S.N.A.F.U. For those who don't know before it was cleaned up and added to Webster's S.N.A.F.U. meant situation normal all f'd up. Never in my life has the original acronym been more appropraite than in this case.