Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drop the I word

SoonerFans.com Elite Member cleller's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Drop the I word

"Criminal" will probably be the next one banned from the lexicon.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by pphilfran View Post
    I am slightly surprised...can't remember you ever stating your case on elligal emmigration...(I dropped the I)
    I thought GWB actually had an acceptable plan. Impractical to ship 'em home, so make it darn near impossible for employers to employ 'em, make sure they repay taxes owed and impose Alabama-like restrictions on folks who don't sign up as guest workers, i.e., can't rent or own property, make it a crime to harbor them, etc. We have enough problems without having a bunch of other countries' citizens being our problems.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    I thought GWB actually had an acceptable plan. Impractical to ship 'em home, so make it darn near impossible for employers to employ 'em, make sure they repay taxes owed and impose Alabama-like restrictions on folks who don't sign up as guest workers, i.e., can't rent or own property, make it a crime to harbor them, etc. We have enough problems without having a bunch of other countries' citizens being our problems.
    I agree...

vCash

Several major Probs with yer deal Mid

One the Folks who might possibly do the jobs that the Illegals do, dont want to work , they rather sit on their asses an draw welfare or deal meth or just steal stuff.

At least the Mexicans who work are for the most part honest and hard working.

I give jaun a hard time but we've talked an he knows how I feel .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill View Post
    Several major Probs with yer deal Mid

One the Folks who might possibly do the jobs that the Illegals do, dont want to work , they rather sit on their asses an draw welfare or deal meth or just steal stuff.
    I'm not saying get rid of the Messicans--just make them pay taxes and be part of the system and sure as hell don't pay them welfare or any sort of public benefits. If they're here to work, fine. If they're here for entitlements, the only thing they should be entitled to is a one way bus ticket to Chihuahua.

As far as Americans not wanting to work, I'm of the opinion that starvation would be a great motivator. Welfare needs massive reform. If a few lazy bums starve in the darkness because they're unwilling to work, well frankly, I couldn't give two ****s about that.

vCash

I don't understand why we should care about the feelings of people who are here breaking our laws and forcing wages down for unskilled laborers. Eff 'em.
    I wouldn't say that's only true for unskilled laborers. As I sit here I can see a house being built out my window. The site contains nothing but hispanic workers. I don't know how many are here legally or are citizens but I doubt many if any are. Anyway, some of them have to be fairly skilled and I'm sure they've displaced some fairly skilled carpenters.

I have no ill will towards any illegal immigrant / undocumented worker. (I'd exclude the bad apples of course.) They're just here to work and support their families and we'd do the same thing if the roles were reversed. The villians are the companies who employ them and the government for allowing it to happen. I'd say the government is more at fault because they've created a situation where the companies who follow the rules are at a competitive disadvantage - so much so that they might not be profitable if they continue to follow the rules.

vCash

As far as Americans not wanting to work, I'm of the opinion that starvation would be a great motivator. Welfare needs massive reform. If a few lazy bums starve in the darkness because they're unwilling to work, well frankly, I couldn't give two ****s about that.
    I'm going to put on my liberal hat and say that that's all fine and good but you have to be able to do something about the children. I don't think letting children starve is remotely appropriate so either we have to find a way to help them or give the government authority to remove them from the family and feed them. (Many pro-family conservatives are opposed to giving the government that kind of authority.)

BTW, much of what we talk about welfare no longer exists. There are a lot more restrictions and time limits on welfare than there was pre-1996.

vCash

I'm not saying get rid of the Messicans--just make them pay taxes and be part of the system and sure as hell don't pay them welfare or any sort of public benefits. If they're here to work, fine. If they're here for entitlements, the only thing they should be entitled to is a one way bus ticket to Chihuahua.

I'm agreeing with you??? Who hacked into your account and is posting under your handle?
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

I just call them messicans in search of the INS!

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Before long the only words we can use to describe someone will be reserved for whites only...and you wont be able to call them white or caucasion....just crakers or white trash!

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jkjsooner View Post
    I'm going to put on my liberal hat and say that that's all fine and good but you have to be able to do something about the children.
    If the children are American citizens and their parents can't care for them, then they should be placed in state custody and into the foster care system and ultimately adopted out. If they are illegal immigrants like their parents, ship 'em out.

vCash

If the children are American citizens and their parents can't care for them, then they should be placed in state custody and into the foster care system and ultimately adopted out. If they are illegal immigrants like their parents, ship 'em out.
    Just to make it clear, I was talking about American citizens in response to your comment.

As far as Americans not wanting to work...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member XingTheRubicon's Avatar
    vCash

Midtowner...........

....and now please direct your attention to the field and J. Clayton Feaver will lead us in a moment of prayer...

"......please protect these young men from injury and for one and all to exhibit good sportsmanship.....IN JESUS NAME WE PRAY AMEN

-J Clayton Feaver

Enjoy

vCash

BTW, much of what we talk about welfare no longer exists. There are a lot more restrictions and time limits on welfare than there was pre-1996.
    That's definitely not true. While some things have changed, if you have kids, that's free money. Particularly if your babydaddy takes home a decent paycheck. Welfare fraud/abuse is very widespread. Pretending it's only a safety net/hand-up is extremely naive.

vCash

Just to make it clear, I was talking about American citizens in response to your comment.
    Fine then. As I said, if parents can't care for their children, send them to foster care. The parents can starve for all I care. The worst thing to do is let welfare trash raise kids....cycle of poverty and all.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by okie52 View Post
    Yeah. That makes sense. Prisons are full of People that had criminal behavior. Definitely not criminals.
    They have been convicted of violating criminal code and are serving time. Have you ever violated criminal code, Okie? I won't call you Criminal Okie if you tell me you never have.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Should we really care what term some journalists use? Is it really going to keep you up at night worrying that some media types now prefer the words "undocumented worker"?

I'll still call them illegal immigrants and I really don't care if anyone doesn't like it.

Kudos and spek to those who offer solutions, regardless of how unworkable those solutions would be with the current two political parties in the US.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SanJoaquinSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post

Kudos and spek to those who offer solutions, regardless of how unworkable those solutions would be with the current two political parties in the US.

Thanks, Chuck.
    Ingles solamente (¡no exepciones!)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post
    I'm going to take this opportunity to reiterate mine:

1)End the war in Afghanistan. Close all of our overseas bases and bring all of our deployed troops back stateside.
    2)Deploy the US military to the border.
    3)Issue "shoot to kill" orders for any illegal attempting to cross.
    4)Impose massive fines and jail time for any employer who is caught employing illegal immigrants.
    5)Deport illegals on an "as they're found" basis.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor View Post
    I'm going to take this opportunity to reiterate mine:

1)End the war in Afghanistan. Close all of our overseas bases and bring all of our deployed troops back stateside.
    2)Deploy the US military to the border.
    3)Issue "shoot to kill" orders for any illegal attempting to cross.
    4)Impose massive fines and jail time for any employer who is caught employing illegal immigrants.
    5)Deport illegals on an "as they're found" basis.
    ^Why I voted for Ron Paul.