Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

An Oklahoman Apologizes for Oklahoma's Politicians

This is a blog and should be taken as just one person's opinion. Nevertheless, it is being picked up on a lot of websites.

The fact is that it is an opinion that I also share. That is except for the Dan Boren comments. I like Rep Boren and wish him well when he retires from politics. I'm a proud Okie and always will be one. I'm just not so sure that our Oklahoma politicians are at all thinking or not thinking about all of us.

Oh yeah, I loved her dig at Texas. That was funny.

This is the blog from Sarah Burris that is being quoted.

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/articl...ans-an-apology

Dear Americans,

On behalf of the great state of Oklahoma I want to take this opportunity to apologize. Wednesday evening, the Daily Show with Jon Stewart interviewed our Senator Ralph Shorty, the architect of the Oklahoma Personhood bill intended to declare a fertilized egg a person. Shorty explained that he couldn't add Senator Constance Johnson's "Every Sperm is Sacred" Amendment to his bill controlling women's bodies, because her amendment was an effort to control men's bodies. Senator Shorty will control women's bodies, but control of men's bodies Is. Not. Allowed. I promise you not all of our elected officials are this hypocritical, and most Oklahomans absolutely are not.

While I'm at it, I also want to apologize for all those oil companies encouraging Sen. Inhofe to declare global climate change is fake. You see, Oklahoma is where the oil comes from. We horde it like dominated squirrels so when we suck the Middle East dry everyone at home becomes a billionaire. I guess it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I'm so, so sorry about Senator Sally Kern. I really don't know what her problem is. She just seems to hate it when people are happy. I would psychoanalyze her, but she's blocked me from asking these questions on Twitter. To be fair, though, she's originally from Arkansas, so maybe that's what it is.

I apologize to Arkansas for that last remark. You're not any better or worse.

Governor Mary Fallin really just can't help herself and I'm profoundly sorry for her. It isn't that she's a super religious, pro-family values person; I mean… obviously, it's just that she'll say anything to get elected, even if it's a lie or it's hurtful. It's just politics, you know?

And finally I want to apologize for the most conservative Democrat in the US Congress, Dan Boren who really only votes with Republicans a majority of the time. I don't know what to say. His district isn't that conservative, his father wasn't that conservative, he's just …. I don't know. I'm really, really sorry for Dan Boren, and want to apologize especially to Leader Pelosi. At least he voted for her for Speaker in 2006. At least I think he did.

Oklahoma isn't a bad place. We're the home of Will Rogers, Garth Brooks, and Kane (from Project Runway). Of the wild and crazy weather that spun off the cult classic Twister! We bring you juicy steaks and when there isn't a drought, we bring you the stuff to make bread. We're so beautifully culturally diverse - despite our resistance to diversity. And, while some might exhibit CGB-like ways, bless their hearts, they're not evil people; they sometimes just don't understand. Some just don't know any better.

So it's our responsibility as progressives, as women, as LGBT persons, as environmentalists, as "rest-of-the-week" people of faith, to explain that what Oklahoma conservatives are actually doing has lasting cultural, economic, and quite honestly emotional impacts on all of us. Plus, it makes the state look like crazy town, and if there's one thing Oklahomans can all agree on, we don't want to end up looking like Texas.

I do not apologize to Texas for that remark, because I'm an Oklahoman, damnit.

So, I'm sorry. On behalf of all thinking and non-thinking Oklahomans. On behalf of moderate Republicans who are disgusted by their party and Democrats who've just thrown up their hands. On behalf of women who just roll they're eyes and assume the courts will protect them. On behalf of the young gay teens who somehow make it through high school while just trying to live their lives. I apologize. I'm so, so, so very sorry. Please, forgive us.

Signed,

Sarah Burris

On Behalf of Oklahoma
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LiveLaughLove's Avatar
    vCash

Re: An Oklahoman Apologizes for Oklahoma's Politicians

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post
    This is a blog and should be taken as just one person's opinion. Nevertheless, it is being picked up on a lot of websites.

The fact is that it is an opinion that I also share. That is except for the Dan Boren comments. I like Rep Boren and wish him well when he retires from politics. I'm a proud Okie and always will be one. I'm just not so sure that our Oklahoma politicians are at all thinking or not thinking about all of us.

Oh yeah, I loved her dig at Texas. That was funny.

This is the blog from Sarah Burris that is being quoted.

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/articl...ans-an-apology
    It must be miserable to be a liberal demagogue living in the great state of Oklahoma.

Her "points" aren't even worth acknowledging. There are so many leftist fallacies and outright lies, it would be hard to know where to begin.

I guess the best I can say, trying to be positive about it is, it's one persons opinion.
    "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping at the spoil of the multitude. Invention is continually exercised to furnish new pretenses for revenue and taxation. It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without a tribute."
    -- Thomas Paine

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

I'll agree that some of our politicians aren't the sharpest tools in the shed . . . . but we have had a few decent ones.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLove View Post
    It must be miserable to be a liberal demagogue living in the great state of Oklahoma.

Her "points" aren't even worth acknowledging. There are so many leftist fallacies and outright lies, it would be hard to know where to begin.

I guess the best I can say, trying to be positive about it is, it's one persons opinion.
    What fallacies? Shortey wants to control women's bodies, not men's. Fallin will say anything to be elected. She actually believes in none of it (see her affair). Kern just nuts.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

So there's a problem with an abortion bill controlling women's bodies and yet there's no problem with Obamacare?

Nice effin logic.

vCash

she sounds like a moron

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

A lesbo anti oil environmentalist that for some strange reason doesn't agree with okie politics....go figure.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso View Post
    So there's a problem with an abortion bill controlling women's bodies and yet there's no problem with Obamacare?

Nice effin logic.
    Nice non sequitur.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Midtowner View Post
    Nice non sequitur.
    Nice spin...

OleVet Posse Instigator

vCash

What fallacies? Shortey wants to control women's bodies, not men's. Fallin will say anything to be elected. She actually believes in none of it (see her affair). Kern just nuts.
    Well, a FERTILIZED egg is not an equivalent to a sperm. A FERTILIZED egg to very many of us a human being. A sperm can never be a human being. A sperm left to incubate is still a sperm. A fertilized egg, a human being.

No one wants to control a woman's body, we just don't want her killing another human being. She is free to do whatever she wants with HER body, just not the other persons.

Global warming is NOT settled science regardless of how many times people say it. In fact, if it were we would be underwater now. Hasn't happened, not happening. Inhofe is on the right side of the issue, figuratively and literally. The longer we go, the more we find that it was never settled science, it was fabricated political science.

I don't know anything about Sally Kern beyond her name.

Fallin will say things to get elected?! I'm shocked! Democrats NEVER do that! puh-leeze.

"Oklahoma isn't a bad place". Well, how condescendingly magnanimous of her. I guess we just don't measure up to NY or Cali. I notice those states are losing population while Oklahoma, Texas and the south overall is growing.

"makes the state look like crazy town". Only in people like her's sad pathetic little eyes. This is God's Country, and I would not wish to have born or raise my family anywhere else.

"On behalf of the young gay teens who somehow make it through high school while just trying to live their lives." Yes, Oklahoma is so bad to live in for gays. It's a horror show a day. Can we get any more drama in here? Drama please, entre' stage left!

She can stuff her apology the same as Obama can stuff all of his that he loves to do.
    "We still find the greedy hand of government thrusting itself into every corner and crevice of industry, and grasping at the spoil of the multitude. Invention is continually exercised to furnish new pretenses for revenue and taxation. It watches prosperity as its prey and permits none to escape without a tribute."
    -- Thomas Paine

vCash

Well, a FERTILIZED egg is not an equivalent to a sperm. A FERTILIZED egg to very many of us a human being. A sperm can never be a human being. A sperm left to incubate is still a sperm. A fertilized egg, a human being.

No one wants to control a woman's body, we just don't want her killing another human being. She is free to do whatever she wants with HER body, just not the other persons.
    What if she doesn't want that other person in her body? Guess she's not so free then?

Global warming is NOT settled science regardless of how many times people say it. In fact, if it were we would be underwater now. Hasn't happened, not happening. Inhofe is on the right side of the issue, figuratively and literally. The longer we go, the more we find that it was never settled science, it was fabricated political science.
    Okay, you've disproved it. Please write your paper, submit it for publication and collect your Nobel Prize. Easy money!

I don't know anything about Sally Kern beyond her name.

Fallin will say things to get elected?! I'm shocked! Democrats NEVER do that! puh-leeze.
    Faith/family/freedom. She won on those three words and nothing else and won. Truly the most cynical and vapid campaign I can remember.

vCash

I'm sorry, i was done with the ignorance on here but this is just too good to pass up. So................conservative Governor fallin had an affair BEFORE being elected governor. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and you conservative idiots knew about it and STILL voted her into office. What a f'in joke. Add her to all the other its ok when you're a republican republicans, but have a democrat do it and lets impeach him. Not only did it cost the guy his job and her marriage, talk about needing to defend traditional marriage, she also hid behind her kids and CHRISTMAS so she wouldn't have to tell the truth. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A PIECE OF ****! What a bunch of idiots for voting for her. HAHAHAHAHA Nice way to end it.

http://www.okpns.com/2006/05/31/ok-p...ice-flashback/

OK Political News Service Flashback!

Lt. Gov’s bodyguard quits amid allegations of affair

December 8, 1998 AP

OKLAHOMA CITY

An Oklahoma Highway Patrol bodyguard for Lt. Gov. Mary Fallin has resigned after admitting ”unprofessional conduct” amid allegations by her estranged husband that she had an affair with a bodyguard.

Mrs. Fallin, a Republican who was elected to a second term last month, filed for divorce last week. At a hearing, Fallin’s attorney raised an allegation about the lieutenant governor having an affair with an unidentified bodyguard.

In a statement Monday, Public Safety Commissioner Bob Ricks said rumors surfaced in early September about ”alleged unprofessional conduct between a member of the executive security detail and the lieutenant governor.”

The statement said the trooper first denied the allegations, but was again questioned late last month and ”admitted to unprofessional conduct and was permitted to resign. That resignation was accepted last week. His admission did not indicate that sexual activity was involved.”

The trooper was not identified and Ricks was reported unavailable for further discussion of the matter.

Lana Tyree, Mrs. Fallin’s attorney, later issued a statement saying the lieutenant governor would have no comment.

”Out of legitimate concern for the privacy and welfare of her minor children through the Christmas holidays, Lieutenant Governor Mary Fallin, having denied the allegations, will not respond to or debate these issues in the media and will make no further public comment,” the statement said. Mrs. Fallin, 43, and her husband have two children, ages 11 and 8.

In court, Mrs. Fallin had said the allegations of an affair with a bodyguard were a rumor started by her husband. At last week’s hearing, District Judge Jerry Bass prevented Fallin’s attorney from pursuing questions about an alleged affair.

In response to a question from his wife’s attorney, Mr. Fallin said he had hired a private investigator to follow her.

Another hearing in the divorce case is set for next Monday.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthCarolinaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by ictsooner7 View Post
    I'm sorry, i was done with the ignorance on here but this is just too good to pass up. So................conservative Governor fallin had an affair BEFORE being elected governor. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA and you conservative idiots knew about it and STILL voted her into office. What a f'in joke. Add her to all the other its ok when you're a republican republicans, but have a democrat do it and lets impeach him. Not only did it cost the guy his job and her marriage, talk about needing to defend traditional marriage, she also hid behind her kids and CHRISTMAS so she wouldn't have to tell the truth. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A PIECE OF ****! What a bunch of idiots for voting for her. HAHAHAHAHA Nice way to end it.

http://www.okpns.com/2006/05/31/ok-p...ice-flashback/

OK Political News Service Flashback!

Lt. Gov’s bodyguard quits amid allegations of affair

December 8, 1998 AP

OKLAHOMA CITY

An Oklahoma Highway Patrol bodyguard for Lt. Gov. Mary Fallin has resigned after admitting ”unprofessional conduct” amid allegations by her estranged husband that she had an affair with a bodyguard.

Mrs. Fallin, a Republican who was elected to a second term last month, filed for divorce last week. At a hearing, Fallin’s attorney raised an allegation about the lieutenant governor having an affair with an unidentified bodyguard.

In a statement Monday, Public Safety Commissioner Bob Ricks said rumors surfaced in early September about ”alleged unprofessional conduct between a member of the executive security detail and the lieutenant governor.”

The statement said the trooper first denied the allegations, but was again questioned late last month and ”admitted to unprofessional conduct and was permitted to resign. That resignation was accepted last week. His admission did not indicate that sexual activity was involved.”

The trooper was not identified and Ricks was reported unavailable for further discussion of the matter.

Lana Tyree, Mrs. Fallin’s attorney, later issued a statement saying the lieutenant governor would have no comment.

”Out of legitimate concern for the privacy and welfare of her minor children through the Christmas holidays, Lieutenant Governor Mary Fallin, having denied the allegations, will not respond to or debate these issues in the media and will make no further public comment,” the statement said. Mrs. Fallin, 43, and her husband have two children, ages 11 and 8.

In court, Mrs. Fallin had said the allegations of an affair with a bodyguard were a rumor started by her husband. At last week’s hearing, District Judge Jerry Bass prevented Fallin’s attorney from pursuing questions about an alleged affair.

In response to a question from his wife’s attorney, Mr. Fallin said he had hired a private investigator to follow her.

Another hearing in the divorce case is set for next Monday.
    At first I thought "wow, an ictsooner post I can actually read". Then, I realized you just had copypasta of some article, and your usual drivel is unreadable as always.

vCash

What if she doesn't want that other person in her body? Guess she's not so free then?
    She is free to control her body and not get pregnant. She shuld not be free to murder someone for her convenience' sake. Life either begins at conception or at birth. Anything in between is arbitrary bunk. Liberal California charged Scott Peterson with TWO murders, his wifes, and his unborn babies.

Okay, you've disproved it. Please write your paper, submit it for publication and collect your Nobel Prize. Easy money!
    Nah, my proof is we are still here. The water hasn't risen past Gore's new Florida beach front mansions driveway, let alone his whole house. Easy breezy.

Faith/family/freedom. She won on those three words and nothing else and won. Truly the most cynical and vapid campaign I can remember.
    You may not believe this, but I have no reason to lie. I didn't follow the governor's election at all. This is my first hearing of Fallin's cheating on her husband. My step Mother knows her and didn't care for her, so she was not my pick, but I did vote for her over the Obama surrogate and would do so again.

For ict, likening perjury to infidelity is a little out there, even for you. Clinton was not impeached for indiscretion. It was the lying during the cover up, but you know that.
    -- Thomas Paine

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Sooner98's Avatar
    vCash

Not only does Sarah Burris not speak for any Oklahomans besides her sad little self, her persecution complex, fear-mongering, and demagoguery are reaching levels that I have never personally seen. The sad thing is, we can probably expect to see more and more of this from the left as November approaches.

vCash

She is free to control her body and not get pregnant. She shuld not be free to murder someone for her convenience' sake. Life either begins at conception or at birth. Anything in between is arbitrary bunk. Liberal California charged Scott Peterson with TWO murders, his wifes, and his unborn babies.
    But she is. And personhood bills will not reverse Planned Parenthood v. Casey. They'll just raise arbitrary possibilities as to things which could be considered crimes, e.g., stem cell research, just about any physician assisted fertility, etc. could be potentially illegal here. I'm not really worried. Due to the arbitrariness of everything, the Oklahoma Supreme Court will likely just strike it down.

Nah, my proof is we are still here. The water hasn't risen past Gore's new Florida beach front mansions driveway, let alone his whole house. Easy breezy.
    I can see you've followed the concept closely.

You may not believe this, but I have no reason to lie. I didn't follow the governor's election at all. This is my first hearing of Fallin's cheating on her husband. My step Mother knows her and didn't care for her, so she was not my pick, but I did vote for her over the Obama surrogate and would do so again.
    Askins as an Obama surrogate? Surely you jest. She's a smart and capable woman who runs a very profitable business, has been a judge, a legislative leader and Lieutenant Governor. She's definitely right-of-center though. Not too many liberals from Duncan.

The stupidity of party-line votes is the only reason Fallin was elected.

For ict, likening perjury to infidelity is a little out there, even for you. Clinton was not impeached for indiscretion. It was the lying during the cover up, but you know that.
    Well.. they're both still crimes! Aside from that, Clinton is a lawyer who perjured himself. I don't have a bit of use for a lawyer who lies under oath. No doubt Clinton is a smart guy and was a capable President, but he has zero moral integrity.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner98 View Post
    Not only does Sarah Burris not speak for any Oklahomans besides her sad little self, her persecution complex, fear-mongering, and demagoguery are reaching levels that I have never personally seen. The sad thing is, we can probably expect to see more and more of this from the left as November approaches.
    Sarah Burris spoke well enough for me and almost exactly mirrored my own embarrassment with the Oklahoma legislature.

Are you really sure you want the Oklahoma Personhood bill passed into law in our state?

As far as I'm concerned, this is not fear-mongering. As this bill and others like it makes it clear, there is indeed legitimate fear that our freedoms and rights will be systematically taken away by a pandering legislature to the religious right demagoguery. I happen to think that we are better than that.
    Chuck's version of Christmas is the Anti-SicEm-
    SicEmBaylor

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Turd_Ferguson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao View Post
    Sarah Burris spoke well enough for me and almost exactly mirrored my own embarrassment with the Oklahoma legislature.
    No. Way.

OleVet Posse Instigator

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

Then maybe she should have used birth control or condoms? If she is turned off by a baby being inside her, then maybe, just maybe, she should have known the consequences of the act of intercourse?

Prove that it exists?

Well, it sounded good to Okies....and better than "Hope and Change," now doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by bornnbredou View Post

and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

Skip Bayless, is that you?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SouthCarolinaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OU_Sooners75 View Post

Prove that it exists?
    Proof? I just need faith, personally