Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Re: Western Conference Finals

Quote Originally Posted by StoopTroup View Post
    Congrats Colley
    For this game, I'll take it, but this series is far from over. Fully expect Ot to head back to Dallas 2-2.
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedOUfan View Post
    Lack of plays was the difference. Dallas was just too tired at the end, they're old. We have no offense. Its drive down the court with Westbrook, look around, possibly pass or shoot, or pass it to KD. If they hit it, great. If it misses but Collison tips it in, great. If Harden gets the rock and drains a 3, great. However, like tonight, if we start out cold with our jumpshots, we have no answer. We have no plays. Dallas was picking and rolling all night......I can't recall seeing us one time picking and rolling. And the refs were horrible. We got lucky, Dallas should have received way more calls.
    The Thunder are still the NBA's highest scoring team in the playoffs. Not really fair to say they have no offense.

They just got off to a horrible start offensively and couldn't drain their shots from beyond the arc.

Monday night could be a completely different story. You just never know.

As for the officiating...Let's just say I think Nick Collison did an outstanding job adjusting to it in his defense on Dirk.

And somebody give Harden an Oscar for his flop on the Chandler "elbow".
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerofAlabama View Post
    Why does Westbrook always try to be the scorer when he should be the distributor? He has stated that he isn't a normal PG, but he has to do something remotely similar to a PG, right?
    What do you want him to do? NO ONE, including KD was scoring and here you have Westbrook who CAN score. Do you want him to continue passing it off like he did in the first three quarters? That didn't work so well did it?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by colleyvillesooner View Post
    For this game, I'll take it, but this series is far from over. Fully expect Ot to head back to Dallas 2-2.
    Ill go for that bro.

So should I not watch till the 2n 1/2 er just say **** it and watch em all?
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oulucas View Post
    Sorry, you're off the mark here by a long shot. RW dialed it back this game TOO much. He was too sensitive to the criticism. For a while in the game he was the only offense we had. No, we were never really in the game but it had nothing to do with Westbrook.
    I disagree. At one time during the 4th, I watched Westbrook dribble down the court with his eyes solely on the basket. Harden was wide open, throwing his arms up.........Westbrook never even looked his way and ended up driving for the layup only to miss it. I'm sorry man, that's a problem. Another time after this, I saw Harden just standing there and not doing anything. He stood there and watched Westbrook take it to the hoop. His body language clearly showed that he knew he what was going to happen with Westbrook driving down the lane. That's why Dallas will probably pull this out. We lack ball movement in my opinion...Westbrook had 7 turnovers.
    "I was formerly a Noncommissioned Officer, part of a Corps known as the Backbone of the Army.......now I'm an Army Cadet, training to become a Commissioned Officer. Hooah......"

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oulucas View Post
    What do you want him to do? NO ONE, including KD was scoring and here you have Westbrook who CAN score. Do you want him to continue passing it off like he did in the first three quarters? That didn't work so well did it?
    Good Point bro. All i Know is things seemed to work well in the 4th .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by EnragedOUfan View Post
    I disagree. At one time during the 4th, I watched Westbrook dribble down the court with his eyes solely on the basket. Harden was wide open, throwing his arms up.........Westbrook never even looked his way and ended up driving for the layup only to miss it. I'm sorry man, that's a problem. Another time after this, I saw Harden just standing there and not doing anything. He stood there and watched Westbrook take it to the hoop. His body language clearly showed that he knew he what was going to happen with Westbrook driving down the lane. That's why Dallas will probably pull this out. We lack ball movement in my opinion...Westbrook had 7 turnovers.
    So, I guess you were in the arena? Because there's no way you have that perspective from watching it on tv. I'm guessing you're a Westbrook hater from the beginning. He was the ONLY player making shots.

Actual Poor Student SoonerofAlabama's Avatar
    vCash

5.9% from behind the arc. 90% from the free throw line.

"Competition is the best motivator you have. That's Oklahoma."
    -Jay Norvell

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Big win for the Mavs...doesn't matter if it was by 6 or by 16. I was sure the Thunder would make a run, but I think the biggest key was that the Mavs were able to trade buckets those first 4 minutes or so of the 4th quarter. Dirk hit some big shots and Terry had that big jumper of the pick and roll to run the clock down to where the Thunder had no choice but to foul.

MVP of the game for the Mavs had to be Marion. He was great on both ends of the floor tonight. I think all of his points were in the paint, and he did a nice job on Durant.

Would not have thought if you told me before the game that if Dirk went 7-21 and Terry went 3-12, that the Mavs would have even had a chance of winning this game, but they found a way to win and that's all that matters.

Oh and congrats to Harden on his flop. It was World Cup quality.

vCash

You don't think Westbrook tries to do too much?

-Jay Norvell

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

5.9% from behind the arc. 90% from the free throw line.
    Are you talking about RW? Because, if so, that's misleading. RW was the only player on the Thunder to make a 3 point shot.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

You don't think Westbrook tries to do too much?
    By the way, YES, I think he does try to much. But I didn't think so tonight. Tonight NOBODY (including KD) was making shots so he went for it. We needed a spark of the highest degree tonight and he was all we had. No one else was going to step up. If he shoots as much and plays the same on Monday I will probably be upset.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Partial Qualifier's Avatar
    vCash

Westbrook didn't force KD to go stagnant on defense, stagnant on offense and brick 95% of his shots

The Thunder played like as$ tonight

vCash

On offense they did, but on defense they seemed to stop everything.

-Jay Norvell

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Sorta glad I missed the game judging from the box score. Gotta bounce back on Monday.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerus View Post
    Dallas has defensive problems , not fixable ...
    LOL...
    Last edited by Curly Bill; 5/22/2011 at 12:43 AM.
    Behold the pale horse. The man who sat on him was death, and Hell followed with him.

Olevet Posse Pistolero

Winner of the Nobel Peace Prize 2015.

vCash

Heh
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SOONER44EVER's Avatar
    vCash

The first quarter was the problem. I think that should be obvious to everyone. We start every game with 2 scorers on the floor and our best defender on the bench then get in a big hole about 75% of the time. Dallas is just too good to overcome that kind of a first quarter.
    THANK GOD I'M A SOONER!

vCash

Man you Thunder fans are such hypocrits. In game 1 Dallas shot 7 less free throws than the Thunder but because Dirk had 24 by himself (even though Durant and Westbrook each had 18) you guys whined and moaned saying the officials were screwing OKC which is just ignorant to say. Now this game OKC shoots 36 free throws to Dallas' 18 and as one of you say, "its because the thunder are playing a great defense." Thats hilarious. See the end result though? Last nights game was a total screw job against Dallas, yet they still found a way to win the game, thats what GREAT teams do.

With all that said, Im still a Thunder fan but Dallas will always be my first team, but my god, you diehard Thunder fans need to get your heads out of your asses and quit acting like the only way they ever lose is because the refs screw them, it makes the fanbase look so ignorant. How bout getting ahold of that hothead Westbrook who can only score 30pts on 30 or more shots which drives down team morale. Hes a damn liability with a boatload of talent but way too selfish.

Oh and I know all Thunder fans arent like this, this is just a bunch that ive seen on here, and before you tear into me remember, BOOMER SOONER!

vCash

Incoming...