Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Re: Bama's Schedule - almost unfair

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerInSpringdale View Post
    It's a good thing that Ole Miss is terrible, Tennessee sucks, LSU = Tennessee, MS State sucks, and Georgia State is bad.

Auburn is the only "decent" team on that list and I don't know if they are for real yet or not.

The SEC has been good the last few years, but is 3rd best conference at best this year.
    MEATGRINDER!
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

They have as much right to complain as we do for having to go to some places two years in a row. Are they gonna put a rule in place now that somehow prevents this?
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerInSpringdale View Post
    It's a good thing that Ole Miss is terrible, Tennessee sucks, LSU = Tennessee, MS State sucks, and Georgia State is bad.

Auburn is the only "decent" team on that list and I don't know if they are for real yet or not.

The SEC has been good the last few years, but is 3rd best conference at best this year.
    Agreed. I hardly call their schedule unfair. The last three weeks was the tough stretch...now they cruise until Auburn.
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TXBOOMER's Avatar
    vCash

Those Dallas Cowboys looked good after their bye didn't they. All of those teams suck except LSU and Auburn. Alabama has a bye before they play LSU so you can take that one off of your list.
    BOOMER SOONER!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I don't think LSU is the easy pass some of you do. For one thing the game is at Tiger Stadium. For another, Les Miles has the look of a man with a golden horseshoe stuck up his a**.

"How did you find me?"

"I'm the man."

Thrill as Bob Stoops turns the knobs and adjusts the dials of his latest killing machine...

-Dr. Saturday

vCash

Fire BV!!!!
    this line intentionally left blank...

Sooner All-World
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Salt City Sooner View Post
    You won't catch me dead complaining about it; reason being that the tradeoff is that Tech has to come to Norman 2 years in a row. Anybody who's griping about Stilly 2x should check out our recent history there vs. Lubbock. I strongly suspect said discontent will simmer down in fairly short order.

r u kidding me? this isn't Mike Leaches Tech anymore

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Crucifax Autumn's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by oumartin View Post
    r u kidding me? this isn't Mike Leaches Tech anymore
    But their stadium is haunted and we need to avoid it until Scoob and the gang solve the "Mystery of the Perilous Pirate".

When the Shooting Starts, We Kill What Moves
    Roland Deschain of Gilead
    ________

- Olevet Posse Gunslinger -

Sooner All-World
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Crucifax Autumn View Post
    But their stadium is haunted and we need to avoid it until Scoob and the gang solve the "Mystery of the Perilous Pirate".

It's Craig James behind the mask! And he woulda gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Crucifax Autumn's Avatar
    vCash

I'm picturing the unmasking now, after a misfiring boobytrap in the equipment shed ends up subduing Shaggy and Scooby, but miraculously some side effect causes the pirate to be caught up in a tangle of water hoses after which Fred pulls the mask to reveal Craig's face.

When the Shooting Starts, We Kill What Moves
    Roland Deschain of Gilead
    ________

- Olevet Posse Gunslinger -

vCash

We all made choices...Bama chose to be in the SouthEast
    TUCK FEXAS

OleVet Posse SideKick

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 texas bandman's Avatar
    vCash

ROTFLMAO

Classic.
    “Some people are born on third base and go through life thinking they hit a triple.” - Barry Switzer

Olevet Troubadour

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

But, why would ESPN's latest proclaimed Greatest Team of All Time of Last Week need to complain about scheduling?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerboy_odanorth View Post
    I don't think LSU is the easy pass some of you do. For one thing the game is at Tiger Stadium. For another, Les Miles has the look of a man with a golden horseshoe stuck up his a**.
    THIS^^^ Les may look like a dope. He might even be a dope. But his team is always ready to play hard (if not smart). Plus, he's either made a deal with the devil, or he's got that Forrest-Gump-I-can't-fail-no-matter-how dumb-I am vibe going on. I hate LSU, but they are baaaaaad (by which I mean good). Look for them to beat Bama, win the SEC, and be in the BCS-MNC game. You heard it here first!
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner View Post
    THIS^^^ Les may look like a dope. He might even be a dope. But his team is always ready to play hard (if not smart). Plus, he's either made a deal with the devil, or he's got that Forrest-Gump-I-can't-fail-no-matter-how dumb-I am vibe going on. I hate LSU, but they are baaaaaad (by which I mean good). Look for them to beat Bama, win the SEC, and be in the BCS-MNC game. You heard it here first!
    Err...I doubt that, myself. I think they will lose to Bama or Auburn, maybe both. They might lose a head-scratcher, as well. With the mad hatter, you never know though.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OhU1's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerboy_odanorth View Post
    For another, Les Miles has the look of a man with a golden horseshoe stuck up his a**.
    I'm surprised Les was not the coach of Colorado 20 years ago when the imfamous 5th down play occurred at Missouri. That's the type of luck Les is playing in.

Les will take on any "sucker" with his football team. He likes this football team. Losing is not what he plans with this football team.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid.."
    Penn Jillette

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CatfishSooner's Avatar
    vCash

SUCKER!!!!!!1
    Wakey Wakey Eggs & Bakey...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Anyone know why that is?
    Bob said it was voted on by the conference.He said everybody was going to have to play two straight away games with somebody.The impreesion I got was Bob would rather play two in a row in Stillwater than College Station or Columbia.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot13422 View Post
    The new conference schedule
    That's not really an answer to the question, you know...
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Tigeman's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified View Post
    Bob said it was voted on by the conference.He said everybody was going to have to play two straight away games with somebody.The impreesion I got was Bob would rather play two in a row in Stillwater than College Station or Columbia.
    I thought we ALSO had to play aTm at home twice too?