Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Will Sam Come Back?

Just wondering what Fellow Sooners Fans think now about Sam going Pro.

I believe he'll be back next year.

Your Opinions?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Will Sam Come Back?

I'm pretty confident that he will come back. he got insurance on him for incase he gets hurt that started for the mnc game and lasts through next season. the ny times reported that he told rueben randle he would be in norman next year too. a friend of mine said he was at a party during christmas break when the players went home before they had to get back to practice and that jermaine gresham was there saying both he and sam were coming back.

vCash

I'm sure he wants to right now. Once that money starts showing its face, though, I'm afraid he's gone. Wish he and Gresham, etc, would come back, but I don't see it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Crucifax Autumn's Avatar
    vCash

He'll be back after tonight, He's the kinda guy who wants to make his mark in Sooner history.

When the Shooting Starts, We Kill What Moves
    Roland Deschain of Gilead
    ________

- Olevet Posse Gunslinger -

I am hoping all underclassmen come back for another year, but that money will be hard to say no to for some of them.
    I am not a politician, I don't have to be politically correct!

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

I dont think Bradford or Gresham are ready for the NFL, but I didn't think Lofton and Smith were ready either last year.

Bradford and Gresham had their breakout years this year and should stay in Norman to refine their skills a little more. They're good but not NFL good yet.

I also think that Bradford will look at the welfare of the team. Leaving this year would mean that Landry Jones would have to step in and I think Bradford knows that he probably isn't quite ready yet. Bradford was born a Sooner and will die a Sooner, so I think it will make a difference in his decision if the QB in waiting is not ready to lead the team yet.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Crucifax Autumn's Avatar
    vCash

He'll stay. Period.

When the Shooting Starts, We Kill What Moves
    Roland Deschain of Gilead
    ________

- Olevet Posse Gunslinger -

vCash

I would leave. There's really nothing more for him to accomplish at OU.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by FrostySooner View Post
    I dont think Bradford or Gresham are ready for the NFL, but I didn't think Lofton and Smith were ready either last year.

Bradford and Gresham had their breakout years this year and should stay in Norman to refine their skills a little more. They're good but not NFL good yet.

I also think that Bradford will look at the welfare of the team. Leaving this year would mean that Landry Jones would have to step in and I think Bradford knows that he probably isn't quite ready yet. Bradford was born a Sooner and will die a Sooner, so I think it will make a difference in his decision if the QB in waiting is not ready to lead the team yet.
    Bradford and Gresham are definitely ready for the NFL and to work with competent coaches. Staying at OU could limit their development.

All Sooners in the NFL are excelling.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rubyspirit View Post

How about winning a National Championship?

I really think that if we had won last night, he would leave. Now, I'm not so sure.

vCash

Ha! The Sooners don't win BCS bowls. Haven't you been paying attention?

Sam is better off leaving. I hope the best for the kid.

You appear to have a lot of quit in you.

On the other hand, Sam probably feels like there is still some unfinished business in Sooner Land.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

He will go and I don't blame him. Gotta do what you gotta do.
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

He should go. His next step in development is to adjust to pro-style offenses, to make the play calls at the line, and the rest of the things a pro QB does and a college QB doesn't do. He has the size, the skills, the arm-strength and accuracy, and those won't get better.

One other thing. Kerwin Bell was a great quarterback his junior year at Florida. Then "the Great Wall of Florida" all graduated and he spent his senior year on his back. He got badly hurt and *POOF* there went his pro career. Bradford's O-line is graduating. He should go.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TripleOption14's Avatar
    vCash

He has to go for his sake. This team will be NO WHERE NEAR as good next year. There are soooo many players leaving that if he does decide to come back it will basically be Sam against the other team. This will in turn hurt is stock because he will be pressing and his numbers will suffer. He's gotta strike while the iron is red hot. Why go through the rebuilding process and hurt your stock along the way???
    Hard work will defeat talent everytime talent doesn't work hard!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I still maintain that our staff thinks that odds are good he comes back.

I really don't see us having scheduled an opener next year (in the last couple of weeks!) with BYU at a neutral site unless our coaches expect our most important pieces to be back.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

they were asking this question on espn radio before the game last night to mel kiper (take it for what it's worth) and he says sam is a sure fire 1st round pick BUT scouts have no idea how he handles pressure and they want to see how he handles being knocked down and pressured and what he does when he doesn't have all the time in the world and a spotless jersey. i think they got a general sense of that last night....we all have our own opinions about that.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Vaevictis View Post
    I still maintain that our staff thinks that odds are good he comes back.

I really don't see us having scheduled an opener next year (in the last couple of weeks!) with BYU at a neutral site unless our coaches expect our most important pieces to be back.
    LOL what the hell does scheduling BYU have to so with Sam leaving? It's all about $$$$$$$$$$ and Jerry World. That game was going to Dallas regardless.

If I am Sam Buh bye! AD left when he could have stayed.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TXBOOMER's Avatar
    vCash

How anyone doesn't think Gresham is ready for the NFL is beyond me. I think he got himself in the top ten in the first round after that performance last night. He was the most dominant player on the field. I hope Sammy comes back. I think there is a about a 45% chance he comes back. I think there is a 100% chance Jermaine goes and productively starts for an NFL team next year.
    BOOMER SOONER!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Bradford and Gresham are definitely ready for the NFL and to work with competent coaches. Staying at OU could limit their development.

All Sooners in the NFL are excelling.
    Detroit says they will draft him. The Lions do not have a coach or even a general manager. Not to speak of any semblance of an offensive line. Is Teddy Lehman at Detroit? Is he excelling under that system?