Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Thumbs down My political rant thread.

So, two co-workers are arguing the relative merits of Guliani vs. Clinton. The fact that one of those two will likely be president makes me sad. Here was what I added to the conversation:

The #2 lie that is told to us in politics is, "it matters which party you vote for". You won't see any realistic difference between how the country is run no matter which party is in office, no matter what they say. Each party owes the same people the same favors and the only difference is what lip service they offer as an excuse.

The #1 lie is, of course, that there ARE two major political parties. There is, in reality, only 1.

</bitter rant>

vCash

Re: My political rant thread.

Agreed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

yep, that's what cracks me up about these people who obsess about Bush. Things in this country are exactly the same as they were 8 years ago. Most people are in a better position because they are little older having had 8 years to grow and accumulate money.

Somebody will bring up Iraq but 9 times out of 10 the person who brings it up hasn't been there. I hear people saying "we're in Iraq or we're fighting an unwinnable war" and I'm like "we" I was there and I don't recall seeing you over there.

If you're not better off now than 8 years ago it's a you thing not a Bush/Clinton thing because nothing has changed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner_born_1960's Avatar
    vCash

Eight years ago we didn't have this cool message board. I blame Bush.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerProphet's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by usmc-sooner
    I hear people saying "we're in Iraq or we're fighting an unwinnable war" and I'm like "we" I was there and I don't recall seeing you over there.
    Yeah, kinda like "we the people", a fact that is apparently lost to some. Seeing how we the taxpayers pay for it...i'll go with the fact we have say. That goes for both politicians and military folk who seem to forget exactly what "we" means.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerProphet
    Yeah, kinda like "we the people", a fact that is apparently lost to some. Seeing how we the taxpayers pay for it...i'll go with the fact we have say. That goes for both politicians and military folk who seem to forget exactly what "we" means.
    it's probably best that you don't try get what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is the people who scream the loudest about are usually the ones least affected by it.

vCash

it's probably best that you don't try get what I'm talking about.
    typical reply.

we all pay brother, we all pay...one way or another.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

it's probably best that you don't try get what I'm talking about. What I'm saying is the people who scream the loudest about are usually the ones least affected by it.
    I don't know, Cindy Sheehan is has a pretty loud, shrill scream, and I'd say she's been heavily affected by the war.

However, I'm not so sure that the Iraq war would not have happened even with Kerry in office. There are those who wield great influence over both parties who were interested in seeing it happen.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 frankensooner's Avatar
    vCash

Finally, a political post I to which I can whole-heartedly agree.

People on both sides rant and rave about how their side is right and the other is wrong when there really isn't that much difference in either side.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by crawfish
    I don't know, Cindy Sheehan is has a pretty loud, shrill scream, and I'd say she's been heavily affected by the war.

However, I'm not so sure that the Iraq war would not have happened even with Kerry in office. There are those who wield great influence over both parties who were interested in seeing it happen.
    Right, the Clinton Whitehouse signed the Iraqi Liberation Act. Democrats in the heady days of 2002-03 barely spoke out or called for debate on the matter. Neither group has the cajones to discuss policy and its many facets, they think their schemes can solve all ills and consequences be damned.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OklahomaRed's Avatar
    vCash

I agree with what usmc is saying, in that if you are not better off now than you were 8 years ago, that the majority of the blame lies with yourself and not the government. The government is pretty much going to keep on catering to those with money, whether they are Republicans or Democrats. To a politician, it just deppends on who they owe a favor to? Also, the ones over there actually fighting and putting their own lives on the line, should be listened to more than someone back home who wants to whine about it. One point of view is if we don't fight them over there, we will fight them over here. The other point of view is that let's get out and see what happens. With the first you are taking a gamble with American lives first and foremost, and of course with American money second (which seems like a stupid comparison). With the second point of view, you are a genius if you are right, but you are going to look like a punk that a much smaller radical country can push around because they have no backbone when they attack us on our own soil "again". Either way .
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
    Theodore Roosevelt

vCash

typical reply.

we all pay brother, we all pay...one way or another.
    I'm sorry I didn't post a doom and gloom and Bush sucks posts but SP seriously WTF have you payed? Have you served in Iraq? Are you paying 60% of your income on some secret war tax? Are you making significantly less money now than you were 8 years ago? Did Bush get you demoted and call for you to recieve no pay raise in 8 years? Has your mother, father, brother, sister died in Iraq?
    Brother you aint paid, you've gotten paid.

vCash

It would have happened, and it probably would have been the same kind of cluster****, and all the pubz would screaming about getting our troops home right now.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OklahomaRed's Avatar
    vCash

I expected, and "don't call me brother" in there? I have brothers, and you ain't him!
    The things that will destroy America are prosperity-at-any-price, peace-at-any-price, safety-first instead of duty-first, the love of soft living, and the get-rich-quick theory of life.
    Theodore Roosevelt

vCash

you're absolutely right crawfish, but there are a lot of other mothers that don't do what she's doing.

But you're right we'd be in this mess Democrat/Republican either way. Heck we've been in it for the last 32 years with Dems and Pubs.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OklahomaRed
    I expected, and "don't call me brother" in there? I have brothers, and you ain't him!
    I didn't want to be disrectful in to a guy who has "payed" so much. It was like I was talking to Hulk Hogan.

vCash

yep, wars are free an nobody pays. we can cover up the costs with enron style accounting or simply printing more cash. and of course, only military folks suffer in wars. thanks for showing me the light.

vCash

yep, wars are free an nobody pays. we can cover up the costs with enron style accounting or simply printing more cash. and of course, only military folks suffer in wars. thanks for showing me the light.
    you didn't even try to answer my question? How have you payed? If you're going to bring it up at least don't give me this generic response? So basically I'll say it again and also add how have you suffered? from my earlier post WTF have you payed? Have you served in Iraq? Are you paying 60% of your income on some secret war tax? Are you making significantly less money now than you were 8 years ago? Did Bush get you demoted and call for you to recieve no pay raise in 8 years? Has your mother, father, brother, sister died in Iraq?
    Brother you aint paid, you've gotten paid.

vCash

and of course, only military folks suffer in wars. thanks for showing me the light.
    not that I've ever said this but just to cover it,

I as a United States Marine would like to offer my deepest condolences to all the Jr. High Private School teachers of Texas for all the horrors of war that they have suffered.

No SP thank you for showing me the light, feel better.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 skycat's Avatar
    vCash

At this point I just want a president whose last name isn't "Clinton" or "Bush".

You know, for the sake of variety.