Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

bottled water: why don't people just buy a water filter?

i'm amazed at the money people plop down on bottled water (particularly young people).....buy a top grade filter for 150$ one time fee and not spend 100$ a month on the skate.

is there something i don't know here?

or is it image?

and Vitamin Water: hey, suckers! it's Kool-Aid, bay-bee 250 calories a bottle.

"Vitamin Water". LOL.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

vCash

Re: bottled water: why don't people just buy a water filter?

i spend a lot less than $100 a month on bottled water... i haven't used a water filter that i liked, and the tap water here

Yacht Rocker

vCash

For me, bottled water is for the convenience of taking the container with me and then throwing it away (into a certified recycling bin, of course). Instead of taking a cup from home and having to remember to take it back in.

I don't use bottled water at home because I have well water which is the best ever.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson
    i'm amazed at the money people plop down on bottled water (particularly young people).....buy a top grade filter for 150$ one time fee and not spend 100$ a month on the skate.

is there something i don't know here?

or is it image?

and Vitamin Water: hey, suckers! it's Kool-Aid, bay-bee 250 calories a bottle.

"Vitamin Water". LOL.
    Why do you hate Curtis Jackson?

Administrator
    vCash

I've got a well out at the ranch. I buy a case of cheap bottled water every now and then just to have bottles to fill up from the well water. My water doesn't taste like Lake Thunderbird - like Norman's water.

And just so you know, myself, and my kids have taken numerous pees in y'all's water, and once I wiped out really bad water skiing and got a Thunderbird enema. So, I dropped my britches and evacuated in your drinking water.

You're welcome.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Further proof that it's better to live in Tulsa.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IB4OU2's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    I've got a well out at the ranch. I buy a case of cheap bottled water every now and then just to have bottles to fill up from the well water. My water doesn't taste like Lake Thunderbird - like Norman's water.

And just so you know, myself, and my kids have taken numerous pees in y'all's water, and once I wiped out really bad water skiing and got a Thunderbird enema. So, I dropped my britches and evacuated in your drinking water.

You're welcome.
    So they're actually drinking Dean butt ****** and pee....man I'm glad I have a well.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerBoarder
    For me, bottled water is for the convenience of taking the container with me and then throwing it away (into a certified recycling bin, of course). Instead of taking a cup from home and having to remember to take it back in.

I don't use bottled water at home because I have well water which is the best ever.
    well, it's pretty easy to fill your old water bottles with filtered water and get the same convenience.....there, mister recycle

i'm talking about the economic incentive, basically.

if Dean can **** all the way from Lex to Colorado i will build him a shrine.

at minimum, buying by the bottle is cost stupidity when you could buy a service/tank.
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

Yacht Rocker

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean

You're welcome.
    Yeah, where you think your aquifer comes from?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

The only time I buy bottled water is when I'm at work. There's no telling what's in the water tanks that they hook our trailers up too.

There aren't many places where the water really tastes bad. I guess growing up drinking lake Ft Cobb water when it 'turns over' has lead me to be able to drink any tap water.
    one day

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LilSooner's Avatar
    vCash

We use a filter because water norman sucks ***! This morning I was going to wash my face and turned on the faucet after brushing my teeth and the water smelled liked ***. I turned off the water went into my office and used one of my ready bath clothes (it's what they use in the hospital when people can't take showers). I hate city water with a passion.

I miss my well water
    "Yea, and the shins of the wicked were smote."-Lil 22:18

and behold I looked in the sky, and saw a rider on a pale horse, the rider's name was death, and Lil Sooner followed after,....Revalations

evian is just regular water. Spell it backwards.
    Quote Originally Posted by OU4LIFE View Post

I'm almost positive i'm not gay, and I'm 100% not a poke fan.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Harry Beanbag's Avatar
    vCash

I buy it when I'm away from home and thirsty. I would guess there are millions of people who do the same. Is it really that big of a mystery?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

You're not supposed to reuse bottled water bottles. The plastic leaches chemicals into the water after awhile.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    You're not supposed to reuse bottled water bottles. The plastic leaches chemicals into the water after awhile.
    I was about to make the exact same comment. I think it's okay to refill it once and maybe twice, but beyond that it gets really really iffy.

vCash

I buy Mine in a 12 ounce can
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner_born_1960's Avatar
    vCash

The preceeding was brought to you by the bottled water industry. Because they care.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill
    I buy Mine in a 12 ounce can
    ...which is precisely what that stuff is. Water.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    I was about to make the exact same comment. I think it's okay to refill it once and maybe twice, but beyond that it gets really really iffy.
    I'm wondering what makes them safe to use even once. How does the act of refilling it cause leaching, but the original water that's been sitting in it for who knows how long is perfectly fine?
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

vCash

I'm wondering what makes them safe to use even once. How does the act of refilling it cause leaching, but the original water that's been sitting in it for who knows how long is perfectly fine?
    That's not even necessarily true. From what I understand, even unopened bottles can go bad and get **** in them over time through the plastic themselves. I wouldn't drink an expired bottle of water even if it is sealed with the original water.