Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 rufnek05's Avatar
    vCash

for those with college age/bound kids

i don't know about the rest of the nation, but i went to a crappy little high school and i never had to study to do well in school. kind of ****ed me over when i got into college, I didn't know how to take notes or even study. My mom, who just started teaching college up at NWOSU, sent me a book several weeks ago. Name of the Book is "Reading and Study Skills" 7th ed. I've been reading a few pages a night since it came into my possession. I can honestly say it has made note taking and what to look for when reading a new chapter much, much easier. I wish I would have had this book 2 years ago. If you want some more info on it let me know.
    Thats what the internet is for--slandering others anonymously.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Norman Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: for those with college age/bound kids

I was in Calc/Trig in high school and made a B i think..I then went on to fail College algebra twice..I definitely wish i would have been taught how to properly study/take notes in high school..

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Sooner
    I was in Calc/Trig in high school and made a B i think..I then went on to fail College algebra twice..I definitely wish i would have been taught how to properly study/take notes in high school..

yeah, i took trig/pre-calc in highschool, got a b also. took trig in college, got a C. moved to calc had to take to twice before i got a c. trial by fire sucks when in college

i'll use this thread to brag on jk3 a bit......month or so ago he got an invite letter for Cornell (no scholly).....last week he got one from Harvard

That's the one thing I noticed when I went back to college a few years ago. Those fresh out of high school just sat in class like zombies while we old farts took notes.

It was kinda fun pwning the young'uns & I hadn't taken an English class in 20 years.

Guns & God clinger-to'er.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member proud gonzo's Avatar
    vCash

dude, how many threads do you start every day?
    "I'm a mother****ing party all by myself."

vCash

depends on how much i have to do. and how many things i think about in one day.

vCash

my problem with the high school/college transition was that i had no good habits

in high school i didn't have to study or do homework to pass or even get decent grades. the situation was a bit different in college. it didn't help that i was more free to goof off.