Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 BermudaSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Longhorn pays for wearing t-shirt

http://newsok.com/article/3108932/1187842091

While this is ridiculously excessive, I have noticed a huge increase in people wearing Texas apparel in Oklahoma since 2005. Where were all of these "fans" in 2004?

How Rivalry became violent

By Jay F. Marks
    Staff Writer
    The rancor in the Red River Rivalry apparently doesn't die between football or basketball seasons.

An Oklahoma City man has been charged with aggravated assault and battery, accused of causing extensive damage to another man's scrotum just because he wore a University of Texas shirt into a local bar.

Allen Michael Beckett, 53, has not been arrested on the felony charge, which was filed Monday in Oklahoma County District Court. It carries up to five years in prison if he is convicted.

Beckett is accused of having launched a verbal attack on Brian Thomas when the other man walked into Henry Hudson's Pub at 3509 NW 58 on June 17, according to court documents.

What happened
    Thomas said Beckett, whom he had never met, called him "everything under the sun” for wearing a Longhorns T-shirt into the bar.

He said he and his friend sat at a table in the corner and tried to ignore the other man, but other man — who apparently is a University of Oklahoma fan — kept screaming at him.

Thomas said he decided he'd had enough after about 20 minutes of Beckett's abuse so he went to the bar to pay his tab. When he turned around, he said Beckett grabbed his crotch and refused to let go.

Thomas hit the other man several times before several bar patrons intervened, but Thomas said Beckett didn't let go until Thomas heard his scrotum tear and blood ran down his leg.

Thomas, who grew up a Texas fan, said it took more than 60 stitches to close his wound.

Two months later, he said he still is a lot of pain.The injury also caused Thomas to fall behind on his child support payments because he couldn't work.

Beckett could not be reached for comment Wednesday by The Oklahoman.
    "You get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right."---Penn Jillette

"It's what I do, I drink and I know things."---Tyrion Lannister

vCash

Re: Longhorn pays for wearing t-shirt

Dumbass should go to jail for a long time, lucky he didn't get his *** shot.
    "They don't bug me...they're not like the little brother down the street. They are more like the retarded cousin that drools and says silly things. I don't get mad at him. He knows no better." MiccoMacey

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OUmillenium's Avatar
    vCash

That is definitely out of line. At first I thought "ridiculously excessive?"...no way. But yeah, that's not the type of interaction college sports fans should be having. Punch in the face but don't rip a guys sack off. Chances are, if he has a sack then he's probably not a real Longhorn anyway.
    Here lies Lester Moor
    4 slugs from a .44
    No Lester no more

That's no moon...

vCash

Ouch. Just ouch.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

that'll teach him.

That's ridiculous. Typical longhorn fan falling behind on child support. Idiot shouldn't have kids if he isn't willing to take on the responsibility.

Most of them I know would rather hang out in bars than take care of their kids and this guy is no exception.

I hope he got a little crimson on his shirt from all the blood.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beano's Fourth Chin
    That's ridiculous. Typical longhorn fan falling behind on child support. Idiot shouldn't have kids if he isn't willing to take on the responsibility.

Most of them I know would rather hang out in bars than take care of their kids and this guy is no exception.

You evil bastard.

Spek.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I just talked to a friend of mine who frequents that bar and she said there's a lot more to the story. It also appears The Jokelahoman is assuming Beckett was an OU fan because my friend said he actually graduated from osu.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Blitzkrieg's Avatar
    I have all the characteristics of a human being- flesh, blood,
    vCash

This story has to be pure BS.

We all know Texas fans have no balls, so why would they have a need for a scrotum?

Autoerotic asphyxiation is my anti-drug.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member fadada1's Avatar
    vCash

i've never heard of a Sooner fan sqeezing nuts. Aggy, yes. Sooners, no.
    I don’t know if the block on that last one was due to low trajectory or if the guys up front didn’t hold their ground well enough. I’m not convinced it matters. We have every reason to believe the ball could have gone through the uprights and the refs would have signaled first down Oregon. - D.E.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beano's Fourth Chin

Haha!WhyTF would ANYONE wear whorn paraphernalia in OK, anyway? He did ask for "IT"!!!
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

This is just another example of the media hating on OU. I mean saxet gets all the love even from our own press here in the state! Just watch, this ut "fan" will show up with a big cast over his sack for the trial to get sympathy. But as soon as he gets his money, he'll blow it all on cocaine and gay bars with his buddies.

Meanwhile this OU patriot gets hung out to dry for defending the state's honor against this detritus from the south. Freakin' media bias!
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

vCash

That's the Hudson's I used to hang out in before med school. Nothing exciting happened. Barry Sanders came in once, no one grabbed his balls though.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUDoc
    That's the Hudson's I used to hang out in before med school. Nothing exciting happened. Barry Sanders came in once, no one grabbed his balls though.
    Is it bad that it's the one I hung out at DURING med school?
    “When half the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is about the end of any nation." --Adrian Rogers

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

"...could hear it tear and blood ran down his leg..."

Wow....just freaking wow....and ouch.
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Gotta love Hornfans.com. Sarcasm must not recognized over there.

Like any Sooner fan condones this action.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OKC-SLC's Avatar
    vCash

dipshidz.
    “When half the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that is about the end of any nation." --Adrian Rogers

vCash

The description of his scrotum tearing made me cringe and moan. Aye carumba. Yowza. ... etc.

Maybe this Beckett guy was just attracted to him and showing his affection by groping him? That's the ticket. This ball grabbage was taken out of context.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jacie's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, too bad this one wasn't de-nutted before it could breed.

And for all you saxet lurkers, THAT WAS A JOKE!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Statalyzer (on cowfans.com)
    It's embarassing for humanity that the majority of soonerfans.com is either defending the guy, insinuating that the UT fan must have actually started it, making fun of the man for getting injured, etc.
    Is it as embarrassing as mis-spelling "embarrassing" or not getting sarcasm?