vCash

First Day of school....

First day of school........
    1000 degrees outside....
    22 new little darling 1st graders.....
    1 autistic.....
    1 drug baby....
    3 on speech IEPs......
    and me 30 weeks pregnant....I CAN'T EVEN HAVE A DRINK!!!
    Someone please have one for me!!!

TIA!!!!

Emma's Daddy! SoonerStormchaser's Avatar
    vCash

Re: First Day of school....

Ok...is Tanqueray and tonic ok with you?

vCash

Do you get teacher's aides for the special needs kids? Or you handle on your own?

Oh, I wll have a Busch beer or two tonight in your honor.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerStormchaser
    yahtzee!

i taught a summer class with students from Jordan, S. Korea, and a pompous tennis player from Venezuela.

the latter lied to me about taking the final exam early. She had to be back in Venzuela that afternoon. then i see her at the grocery store on Sunday.

girl from S. Korea was really smart, but it was a nightmare reading her exams. god bless her, because i can't take any exams in korean....
    “someone's controlling the vibes!"--apache dropout

Sooner Benchwarmer blueyedsooner's Avatar
    vCash

No...no aides. Now this little one does go to a resource class for 2 hours, but this week he's with me all day.

And thanks you two. I can feel the drinks working already....

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerStormchaser
    Heh. Rangpur Style?

vCash

Hoistin a Natty fer U
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

8. 8/16/2007, 08:11 PM

Reason
    I'm an idiot

vCash

You have my sympathy and public school teachers very rarely get that from me. I am in continual disbelief that special needs kids (such as some of the ones you mentioned) are thrown into a classroom with other students.

They shouldn't even be allowed in a public school, period.

10. 8/16/2007, 08:14 PM

Reason
    I'm an idiot

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    wow, we actually agree on something. I've always maintained they should have some place where they let them drool and make brooms and stuff.
    I'm willing to bet that on the surface of things we would agree 90% of the time. It's the "under the surface" reasoning that we'd part ways.

vCash

Homey, I love ya until you do this ****.
    And sic 'em, I know I could take you.

Sooner Benchwarmer blueyedsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    You have my sympathy and public school teachers very rarely get that from me. I am in continual disbelief that special needs kids (such as some of the ones you mentioned) are thrown into a classroom with other students.

WOW! You are intelligent, aren't you?! Please tell me you're kidding!

For the record, my special needs kids are VERY special to me! They teach ME far more than any schooling I've ever had!!! Today just made for a looong day without my afternoon nap...ya know I'm a teacher and just a freeloading worthless nothing in the summers.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by blueyedsooner
    WOW! You are intelligent, aren't you?! Please tell me you're kidding!

For the record, my special needs kids are VERY special to me! They teach ME far more than any schooling I've ever had!!! Today just made for a looong day without my afternoon nap...ya know I'm a teacher and just a freeloading worthless nothing in the summers.
    This isn't about you though, this is about the kids in your class. I'm not really interested in what the teacher gets out of the situation. When I was in elementary they had their own class except for one hour of the day or so that they would spend in a regular classroom. Typically, they were very disruptive and having them thrown in with normal kids was quite disruptive.

Being forced into a government run education system is bad enough without forcing the kids to endure an additional constituency of retardation.

vCash

It really amazes me that people with kids wouldn't get it. I expect that those without children would be ignorant, because I was as well. Those with kids should realize the miracle that anyone is ever born "normal". Do you realize how many billions of events have to go perfectly at the exact right moment to have a "normal" child? And it happens every day, even to crack addicts and people who do everything they can to screw up the fetus.
    Don't you realize that any parent will do whatever they can to make sure their child gets an appropriate education, despite what those parents who have it easy may think. Homey, you get to have the pride of your daughter going to college. When Ryan was diagnosed with Autism, the first thing I thought was "Well, my son won't be going to OU like I'd hoped". I just hope he speaks to me some day. I've been waiting 6 1/2 years so far. Hell, he may never drive a car, get a job or get married. He might never move out of our house or out from under our care until we die. And people with normally developing kids can make f*cking cracks like that. Amazing.

vCash

And sic 'em, try having a kid before you spout off **** like that. Karma's a motherf*cker.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner Born Sooner Bred's Avatar
    vCash

Why don't you guys try to have compassion for these kids? I bet you would advocate having separate water fountains for them too.

A friend of mine's son is autistic. He's 22 years old and was streamlined from the time he was in about 2nd grade. He had some separate classes that helped him with his special needs. The rest of the day he was in class with the "normal" kids. This "retard" is constantly being praised at his job because he works harder and better than many of the "normal" people who work there.

Another friend of mine has a brother who has Down's Syndrome. Same type of story for Matt.

They gained a lot of social skills and learning experiences by being in class with other kids. I'd be willing to bet that the "normal" kids got a lot out of it too.

vCash

all children can learn. All of them. It's the job of the schools and great teachers like blue-eyed sooner to take care of them and teach them as much as she can. God bless you

Children who are not normal need to be around "normal" children as an example. The MR class in my school is the most heart swelling place in the world.

You go tell their parents they need to be separated and they don't deserve the same education as others.

And besides, "normal" children can learn about tolerance and differences when these children are in the classrooms. Something you missed out on.

I agree with Doc, Karma is a bitch.
    Do it for the Polar bears.

vCash

Kids IS Kids . Love em .
    And quit being judgmental *******s !
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IB4OU2's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    wow, we actually agree on something. I've always maintained they should have some place where they let them drool and make brooms and stuff.
    Maybe they should of gassed all the handicaps instead of wasting taxpayers money on putting them someplace or making them attend class with all the normal people where some of them learn to lead a normal life, attend and graduate college, marry a beautiful wife and have two wonderful daughters that both graduate, with one teaching the same very special people in grade school today. I guess compassion isn't taught in the Airforce or at Baylor.....sheesh

I would of probably been more proud if one of the daughters would have been some leader in some sorority somewhere though.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    You're an amazingly pathetic person sometimes.

For the record, kids on Speech IEPs aren't "retards." Autistic kids aren't "retards." Kids born to drug addicts aren't "retards." And guess what? They're every bit as entitled to a public education as anyone else.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

God Only gives special needs Kids to SPECIAL PARENTS .
    JUST SAYIN