Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scrimmage

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Norman Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Scrimmage

Is the scrimmage covered anywhere on the radio or anything?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Seamus's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Scrimmage

d00d -- you're in Norman! Get thee to the Focker!
    8timechamps: The thought crossed my mind too. But, I'm too lazy to go back and reference every play from all the games. So, I'm just going to say "I agree", and if you're wrong, then let me be the first to call you a moron.

KantoSooner: More of this crap from the nanny generation. Wearing a Michigan shirt should earn you disdain or a beating on the playground, not administrative action. It's no wonder the youth of today are all pussies.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1

vCash

It's not on the radio on the Dallas station that broadcasts OU games.
    I'm baaaack!!!!

vCash

There is no live media coverage for the scrimmage. From the SoonerSports.com site:

"Fan Information for Saturday Scrimmage

OU Athletics announces gates, other helpful guidelines for Saturday scrimmage.
    Aug. 8, 2007
    NORMAN, Okla. -- Oklahoma will host its first open scrimmage of the 2007 football season Saturday. The athletics department has announced information that will be of assistance to fans planning to attend the event.
    • Start time is 11 a.m.
    • There is no admission charge.
    • Fans should enter through gate 1 or gate 7. All other gates will be closed.
    • Gates will open at 9:30 a.m.
    • Rosters will be distributed free of charge at the gates. Fans also can print the roster available at SoonerSports.com
    • Seating will be in the lower east and west seating bowls.
    • Concessions will be located on the east and with a portable on the west near gate 1.
    • Restrooms will be available on the east side and mid level west on either side of the Santee Lounge.
    • There is no access to the west concourse, south end zone or upper decks.
    • Prohibited items are the same as what is normally prohibited for a game. In addition, cameras are not permitted in the stadium during scrimmages. Fans may bring a clear, empty bottle that can be filled inside the stadium.
    • The Switzer Center will be closed as construction continues on that facility."

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

Any updates from those brave enough to tackle the heat?

vCash

Defense dominated. Lots of check down passes from all the QBs to the RBs. The TEs were more involved and that's something that'll become evident during the season. Marcus Walker had a nice pick, Demarco had a fumble. Hartley kicked about a 62 yard field goal. Kelley had a great TD grab and GUUUUTE had a nice scamper for about a 40 yard TD run.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

I was not there but heard from someone that was that our D looks beastly, that Nichol by far had the best day and that bradford really dissappointed!
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

vCash

I'd say Nichol had the best day as well. He got a lot of reps with first team offense. At one point he escaped outta the pocket and before he could scramble the coaches blew the whistle. You woulda thought Gordon Reese walked into the building, pretty funny.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Hartley kicked about a 62 yard field goal.
    Holy sh**!
    posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 stonecoldsoonerfan's Avatar
    vCash

imo, the best part of our team today was unquestionable the kicking game, both punting and placekicking. i thought that basically bradford was as good passing as nichol. at least one of his picks was due to the wr not fighting for the ball. nichol is going to be dangerous in the I formation on playaction. he definitely takes off running if he sees that it's to his advantage. seemed like the running game out of the shotgun was basically worthless. we loaded at rb. don't see how all the rb's we have + the highly rated rb's we have coming in are all going to stay here or stay at rb. not enough carries to go around.
    "Your argument based on the facts is not a valid one."-Hookem Horns, 3/7/03.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you have any old OU athletic events on video? i trade for them. Please email or PM me if you do.

OU game videos

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

Soonersports.com has Gute's run at 53 yards. Unfortunately, I missed that one.

I'd pretty much agree with SNP's assessment, and yes the premature whistle on Nichol's scramble was funny. Everyone in the section I was in were pretty disappointed, it looked like he was just getting started.

About the TE's, I thought I saw Gresham split wide on a few plays. Kind of cool to see the TEs more involved and in multiple ways.

Murray didn't have as impressive a game as in spring and coughed it up on one play. Madu looked pretty good, had some good runs.

There were a few very impressive hard hits, mostly involving RBs.

vCash

Stat wise:
    Nichol 8/16 1TD
    Halzle 12/21 1td
    Bradford 11/18 1int

Second hand I hear that NIchol moved the offense the most, halzle hit some big plays, and bradford struggled moving the ball

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

I went and IMO Nichol looked the best, Hazle looked good and Bradford had a bad day. The Defense looked great. Walker had an awesome int. For some reason it looked to me that Bradford was just off today, in the first half he seemed like he just hung on to the ball too long.

vCash

so this does basically nothing for those I heard that recommended that the coaches might cut one qb after today out of the competition?

~ Ivan Maisel

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11
    so this does basically nothing for those I heard that recommended that the coaches might cut one qb after today out of the competition?
    who knows

they are going to have to do it pretty quick.

Sooner All-World
    vCash

I would tell J.H. that he is still in the running but in my mind since this is his last year he is gonna be my back up. I would let Nichol and Bradford fight it out to the bitter end. Of course that will mean less reps all the way around and that might not be good

vCash

They could Redshirt Nichol and play Bradford right?

vCash

If Nichol is the best play him - Landry Jones comes in next year as it is.

Nichol is a dual threat as well - Kelley was qouted that Nichol has the most zip on his passes- Also Wilson and Huepel both said they are meeting tomorrow to go over who should start getting more reps and it will be discussion number 1.

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

Halzle is a Junior and has both a redshirt and a greyshirt. However, methinks they won't use it. They'll want to hold back someone probably more talented to develop like Nichol and Box (limited schollies for the future).
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNinjaPirate
    Defense dominated. Lots of check down passes from all the QBs to the RBs. The TEs were more involved and that's something that'll become evident during the season. Marcus Walker had a nice pick, Demarco had a fumble. Hartley kicked about a 62 yard field goal. Kelley had a great TD grab and GUUUUTE had a nice scamper for about a 40 yard TD run.
    I remember somebody yelling "THROW IT TO THE TIGHT END" at the coaches early on. And the "GUUUUUUUTE" was nice. Us sooners really need someone for whom we can unleash the "uuuuu" sound.
    Baked fresh daily.