Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Viking Kitten's Avatar
    vCash

Recurring Dreams and the Ways They Torture Us

Has anyone had a dream similar to this... you are about to graduate from college, it's the last day of classes, and you realize you have been enrolled in a class all semester that you forgot about. You show up for the class just as you realize they are about to take the final... which you know there is no way you can pass (it's always a physics class or something.) You suddenly realize that you can't graduate now, in fact you'll never be able to graduate.

Then you wake up in a cold sweat.

Right after I graduated FIVE FRICKIN' YEARS ago... I had this dream almost nightly. It tapered off somewhat, but I still have it every now and then, and I've been dreaming it quite a bit recently. Happened again last night. Dream interpreter type people... what does this mean? Anybody else have annoying recurring dreams?

vCash

Re: Recurring Dreams and the Ways They Torture Us

I interpret that as a sign you need to go back to your old job.

YWIA.

all my dreams are about lindsey lohan and hot pockets

not sure what thats all about

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by M
    I interpret that as a sign you need to go back to your old job.

YWIA.

Working at a fast food place?

vCash

Oddly enough, M, I started having it more frequently right around when the switch occurred. I'm thinkin' there's a connection.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Kitten
    Oddly enough, M, I started having it more frequently right around when the switch occurred. I'm thinkin' there's a connection.

I knew it!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 PhxSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I have a similar version of that dream, where it's midterms and I realize that I've been enrolled in an 8:30 class that I never attended. I have this dream every few weeks, and I graduated in '94. My grandmother told my mom that she quit having dreams like that when she hit her 80s.

vCash

Actually yes, I used to have dreams similar to this all the time. I would realize with some alacrity that I had been missing a class I was enrolled for all semester long. Frantic, I would try to remember where the class even was and what time it was...I would even search for my class schedule to see if I could find out. Then I would go to class and it all got pretty fuzzy after that...

I think mine had to do with my very poor class attendance the first two years of college and the resulting guilt.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by PhxSooner
    I have a similar version of that dream, where it's midterms and I realize that I've been enrolled in an 8:30 class that I never attended. I have this dream every few weeks, and I graduated in '94. My grandmother told my mom that she quit having dreams like that when she hit her 80s.
    DAMMIT!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

I have pretty much the same dream. Class i didn't go to, or can't remember where it is. Have to take a test/final and I'm freaking out.

Wake up sweating, and SO glad I'm not in school.

I think that dream has single handily keep me from getting my Masters.

vCash

I've had that EXACT dream before too...also one where I'm in a play and I realize I forgot to learn my lines.
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

vCash

I also hate "those kinds of dreams."

(you know, where you dream about guys from high school (or guys I know now) and in the dream, I am utterly infatuated with them...sometimes things get kind of hot...then I wake up and am totally grossed out.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

Yeah, that's a pretty common dream, caused by stress and some other factors.

Mine, not so much so...

I remember a dream that I had almost every night when I was about 5-6... I would dream that there was a knight in black armor waiting outside my room who would kill me if I wasn't asleep. In the dream, of course, I wasn't, so I had to fool him every night. Sometimes I did, sometimes I didn't.

The other dream I had when I was 10-12 was me running down a large hallway lined with huge TVs stacked 12 high. Each TV had a bald man's face laughing at me evilly, and as I ran past, they would explode at me. Once I got to the end of the hallway, I found myself on a burning pirate ship. The laughing man was there, and he would cut my head off.

Anyone else have those?
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

vCash

(you know, where you dream about guys from high school (or guys I know now) and in the dream, I am utterly infatuated with them...sometimes things get kind of hot...then I wake up and am totally grossed out.)
    No. We don't know what you mean. Go on.....

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

I've had that dream quite a few times. One dream, I was at an OU game and the Pride drum major told me to grab my trombone and get in line. I had no idea what the songs where or where I was supposed to march...so I just tried my best to follow the rest of the band. I kept screwing up in front of 80,000 people.

Of course, that was similar to my actual Pride experiences...

vCash

the school one isn't as bad as the recurring ones I used to have...that someone was stalking and trying to kill me and i had to keep running and hiding...those used to freak me out
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

vCash

*snort*

"Hawaiian-shirt wearing IT guys." "Crusty." "Naked."

vCash

I never really had that recurring dream, but I often have the ability to levitate in dreams.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 frankensooner's Avatar
    vCash

I have had the sleeping through a test dream. I also actually did it too. Sam Chapman let me take it in his office though. He was cool.

Back to the original question, I have had a very similar dream about forgetting about a class all semester.

Quote Originally Posted by NormanPride
    The other dream I had when I was 10-12 was me running down a large hallway lined with huge TVs stacked 12 high. Each TV had a bald man's face laughing at me evilly, and as I ran past, they would explode at me. Once I got to the end of the hallway, I found myself on a burning pirate ship. The laughing man was there, and he would cut my head off.

Anyone else have those?
    Have that dream? I was the bald man. Dang snot nosed kids running down my corridor to my pirate ship!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Kitten
    *snort*

"Hawaiian-shirt wearing IT guys." "Crusty." "Naked."

heh. the one guy in particular just walked in here. he asked if the AC was too cold. you know, maybe that one ploy H mentioned about standing right under the AC vent really works.