Thread: gettin some ink

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 rufnek05's Avatar
    vCash

gettin some ink

my grandpa has this sweet @ss Pin-up girl on underside of his forearm that he got while in korea. i'm thinking about gettin the same thing in the same spot, but since i plan on being in Construction Management and would most likely be presenting bid and other presentations to potential clients, i'm kind of hesitant. is it true that people prejudge people with visible tattoo's?
    Thats what the internet is for--slandering others anonymously.

vCash

Re: gettin some ink

For God's sake man, no!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 rufnek05's Avatar
    vCash

you drink zima.

next.
    Thats what the internet is for--slandering others anonymously.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by rufnek05
    is it true that people prejudge people with visible tattoo's?
    Yes, some people do. But it also depends on your job. I don't know how it works in the construction industry, but you're not going to find many lawyers flashing ink in court in front of a jury, for example.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

This is an amazingly bad idea.

The only people who should have pinups tattooed on their forearms are people who've actually spent a lot of time on a boat.

There's a reason it's on their forearm, people.

But hey, do whatever the hell you want. It's not like people use any damn common sense when they modify their body anymore or expect it to make a poor impression on potential employers or clients. I get morons interviewing with tongue rings and **** all the time.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

I work construction

many of my co workers have tats, but none are as visible as that

upper arms, or back, depending on the size is really best unless you always want to be in long sleeves when you present your bid
    “If a team is to reach its potential, each player must be willing to subordinate his personal goals to the good of the team.”

Bud Wilkinson

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUHOMER's Avatar
    vCash

You would never be hired where i work with a visible tat. You may think its cool now but one day may live to regret having it. You never know where your raod will lead you
    Posse Member hoping for middle manager, Yep , I dont know ****

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by C&CDean
    I'm a tolerant mother****er.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Here's a thought. Have one of those "temporary" tats put on your visible skin, then live with it a week. If it makes you uncomfortable in certain settings, maybe you should forget having the thing done permanently.

No matter what "pro-ink" people say, there are alot of people who pre-judge folks sporting tattoos. Unfortunately, the people doing the pre-judging are often people who actually matter in terms of their ability to advance or retard your progress in life.

Finally, avoid any tattoos on your head, neck or hands. Tattoos on those body parts often consign the bearer to a working life spent behind a cash register, swinging a paint roller or changing motor oil.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

Lakeland, Fl - Where hurricanes cross paths.
    vCash

I know I pre-judge chicks I see sporting Tramp Stamps around their exposed sling-shot underwear in low-cut shorts.

in a carnal sort of way
    An Education is what you get when you Read the Instructions,
    Experience is what you get if you don't...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUinFLA
    I know I pre-judge chicks I see sporting Tramp Stamps around their exposed sling-shot underwear in low-cut shorts.

in a carnal sort of way
    that's really more of a pre-sorting than a pre-judging...
    I taste terrific.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

If you want it get it.

Every company is different but when I worked for PCL Construction Services they had a few project engineers and project managers with eyebrow piercings and stuff that probably shouldn't be on your face.

Your drug use will hold you back more than a tattoo will in the construction business, smokey. Don't be Red Eye Rob and have your internship for Manhattan Construction yanked because you came up hot on a urinalysis.
    one day

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Get a tattoo that isn't visible if you're wearing pants and a short sleeved shirt.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack
    Get a tattoo that isn't visible if you're wearing pants and a short sleeved shirt.
    Tramp stamp.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    Tramp stamp.
    I am not. Well. Maybe I am.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

I have the words "good luck" tattooed on my wrist. It doesn't seem to have negatively affected my career. I also sport "blessing" thread bracelets, an OU watch and a black plastic anti-coup bracelet, so the tatoo may not be all that noticeable even when I roll up my dress shirt sleeves.

On the other hand, a pin-up girl...

vCash

Ive had Mine for almost 40 yrs . That said Id NOT do it again if I had it to do over. Usually I dont think of em tho .
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill
    Ive had Mine for almost 40 yrs . That said Id NOT do it again if I had it to do over. Usually I dont think tho .
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

for most people I'd say skip the tattoo. for rufnek5 I'd say go ahead and skip the pinup and go all Mike Tyson with the fake Maori tat.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead