SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

Hey RF5, Royals in the market for a new manager

Buddy Bell to step down at the end of the season:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2957640

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: Hey RF5, Royals in the market for a new manager

Won't change anything until the Glass family decides to stop using the team for a tax write-off.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mixer!
    Won't change anything until the Glass family decides to stop using the team for a tax write-off.

In case you haven't noticed the Glass family has pumped significant cash into the Royals over the past year, especially at the minor league level. The Royals now have the largest farm system in baseball, and over the long term that will make a difference.

Also, my money is on Terry Pendleton.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by royalfan5
    In case you haven't noticed the Glass family has pumped significant cash into the Royals over the past year, especially at the minor league level. The Royals now have the largest farm system in baseball, and over the long term that will make a difference.

Also, my money is on Terry Pendleton.
    Apologies rf, but I'll remain a skeptic until I see the Royals finish somewhere other than the cellar. Pendleton would be great, and I'll throw out another name: Dusty Baker.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mixer!
    Apologies rf, but I'll remain a skeptic until I see the Royals finish somewhere other than the cellar. Pendleton would be great, and I'll throw out another name: Dusty Baker.
    I don't want Dusty Baker anywhere near the Royals young pitchers.

There's a pretty decent chance the Royals will catch the White Sox for 4th by the end of the year, and chances are pretty good they will be picking outside the Top 5 this year. That's a pretty decent jump in a stacked division.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

vCash

For us Royals fans, this is a successful season. They've improved quite a bit over the last few years. They've had quite a few 1 and 2 run losses this season. Most of those would've been 5-6 run losses in years past.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Cam
    For us Royals fans, this is a successful season. They've improved quite a bit over the last few years. They've had quite a few 1 and 2 run losses this season. Most of those would've been 5-6 run losses in years past.
    Now, if they could just figure out how to win in Yankee Stadium, they'll really be going places.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by royalfan5
    I don't want Dusty Baker anywhere near the Royals young pitchers.

There's a pretty decent chance the Royals will catch the White Sox for 4th by the end of the year, and chances are pretty good they will be picking outside the Top 5 this year. That's a pretty decent jump in a stacked division.
    I know this is the first time in years you guys aren't 20 games out by the start of August, but let's not go putting your carts before your horses now.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    I know this is the first time in years you guys aren't 20 games out by the start of August, but let's not go putting your carts before your horses now.
    Don't take away our hope bastage.