Page 67 of 107 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 2128
    Lakeland, Fl - Where hurricanes cross paths.
    vCash

Re: I AM THE GREATEST THREAD ENDER OF ALL TIME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder
    All of you are my bitches!
    I'm too old to be someone's bitch, could I just be your Grandparent?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUinFLA
    I'm too old to be someone's bitch, could I just be your Grandparent?
    How about grapefruit?
    My kids rock the flock!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Red October's Avatar
    vCash

This thing still around???

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

I am praying for rain - tomorrow is Field Day at school. That's when all the kids get to go outside and play lots of games. Somehow the games end up having contact, even though that is not the intent or design of the game. We have at least one major injury each year (broken legs, arms, etc) and numerous smaller injuries.
    I am hoping for an error in the sprinkler schedule, if the rain doesn't occur. But if it does rain, then pray for rain on Monday too, as that would then be the make up day.

And the baby doves are huge - no room for mom on the nest. They look rather vulture-like now. I am sure they will look better in a day or two when more feathers come in.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Its a rainy day. Cut me some slack.

On a side note, it is pouring down rain outside and the guy next door is mowing his lawn.

Rainman?
    Maybe you can get him to cut yours while he's at it.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma
    I am praying for rain - tomorrow is Field Day at school. That's when all the kids get to go outside and play lots of games. Somehow the games end up having contact, even though that is not the intent or design of the game. We have at least one major injury each year (broken legs, arms, etc) and numerous smaller injuries.
    I am hoping for an error in the sprinkler schedule, if the rain doesn't occur. But if it does rain, then pray for rain on Monday too, as that would then be the make up day.

And the baby doves are huge - no room for mom on the nest. They look rather vulture-like now. I am sure they will look better in a day or two when more feathers come in.
    Let it rain there, but not here, please. We've had a colossal screw-up with the State Cup semis and final. The wienies at La Soccer Assn postponed twice, and if we don't play this weekend in Baton Rouge, I doubt I can keep my team together for another week -- not even sure I WANT to! It's time to move on.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner
    Let it rain there, but not here, please. We've had a colossal screw-up with the State Cup semis and final. The wienies at La Soccer Assn postponed twice, and if we don't play this weekend in Baton Rouge, I doubt I can keep my team together for another week -- not even sure I WANT to! It's time to move on.
    My daughter had her final State Cup games last weekend. Since we had ONE sub for the second game - one of our 2 goalies, who NEVER play on the field - we felt lucky to survive with minimal injuries. Sad to finish with a loss though.
    My daughter played for the same coach her entire competetive career - very unusual. There are 5 of them that made it all the way through.
    There are more State Cup games this weekend - the fields where they are played drain well.

vCash

My one year old son decided to give me wake-up calls at 4:23 am and the final one at 5:23 am. He's cutting teeth so its a tough time to be a single parent ...

But my better half gets back tonight & I get to play golf both days this weekend but rain is in the forecast.

Thank Goodness for coffee and it is on me this morning. Caribou Mocha Java, my favorite.

Ahh Ohhhh ...I hear the pitter patter of little feet upstairs. Child #2 is awake.

Cartoon time.
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

My daughter had her final State Cup games last weekend. Since we had ONE sub for the second game - one of our 2 goalies, who NEVER play on the field - we felt lucky to survive with minimal injuries. Sad to finish with a loss though.
    My daughter played for the same coach her entire competetive career - very unusual. There are 5 of them that made it all the way through.
    There are more State Cup games this weekend - the fields where they are played drain well.
    Yep, sounds like the end of an era, but it must have been a pretty good era to stick with the same team and coach for so long. Probably a few farewell tears, I'd imagine (for the girls, I mean). Maybe you'll get to do it all again with grand kids.
    I love watching my girls play soccer, even more than I like coaching softball, although that's pretty fun, too. The only problem with this season is that it didn't end when it was supposed to, so now everything else in life is a conflict or getting put on hold. We had one dad who threatened to sue, demand a refund, and go to another team next year because his daughter might not have been able to play after the second rescheduling. Whew. The guy didn't care a bit about any of the other girls. Well, he did sort-of calm down, and I think he realizes he was a jerk. But we managed to get a game time convenient for them, and now 2 other girls can't play. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Ya try to be nice........
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

We had one dad who threatened to sue, demand a refund, and go to another team next year because his daughter might not have been able to play after the second rescheduling. Whew. The guy didn't care a bit about any of the other girls. Well, he did sort-of calm down, and I think he realizes he was a jerk. But we managed to get a game time convenient for them, and now 2 other girls can't play. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Ya try to be nice........
    Sounds like somebody from New Orleans.

I'm posting from beautiful and scenic Gulf Shores, Alabama. No rain here, just lots of wind and balmy weather. A weekend of Tennis and Beach and hopes of catching a little LSU baseball on the radio.

I saw a Sooner minivan in the parking lot today at the beach. That's a little unusual all the way down here, but it was all smashed up with tape on the sides and stuff. I was wondering if they drove all the way from Oklahoma like that or if it happened here and they're going to have to drive all the way back like that. Either way - not good.

vCash

Yep, sounds like the end of an era, but it must have been a pretty good era to stick with the same team and coach for so long. Probably a few farewell tears, I'd imagine (for the girls, I mean). Maybe you'll get to do it all again with grand kids.
    I love watching my girls play soccer, even more than I like coaching softball, although that's pretty fun, too. The only problem with this season is that it didn't end when it was supposed to, so now everything else in life is a conflict or getting put on hold. We had one dad who threatened to sue, demand a refund, and go to another team next year because his daughter might not have been able to play after the second rescheduling. Whew. The guy didn't care a bit about any of the other girls. Well, he did sort-of calm down, and I think he realizes he was a jerk. But we managed to get a game time convenient for them, and now 2 other girls can't play. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Ya try to be nice........
    I think it will hit later. I was the manager for the first 3 years, then got tired of it all. But we have a great group of parents. The coach has been great about picking thr players and the parents too.

We had field day today! We all survived it. A bit cold - they really should have announced the wind chill this morning (it was 46 around 9 AM) - but at least no heat stroke.

vCash

I think it will hit later. I was the manager for the first 3 years, then got tired of it all. But we have a great group of parents. The coach has been great about picking thr players and the parents too.

We had field day today! We all survived it. A bit cold - they really should have announced the wind chill this morning (it was 46 around 9 AM) - but at least no heat stroke.
    NO broken bones Baja?

If so, congrats and happy summer to you.
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TigerGirl
    Sounds like somebody from New Orleans.

I'm posting from beautiful and scenic Gulf Shores, Alabama. No rain here, just lots of wind and balmy weather. A weekend of Tennis and Beach and hopes of catching a little LSU baseball on the radio.

I saw a Sooner minivan in the parking lot today at the beach. That's a little unusual all the way down here, but it was all smashed up with tape on the sides and stuff. I was wondering if they drove all the way from Oklahoma like that or if it happened here and they're going to have to drive all the way back like that. Either way - not good.
    Sounds like a nice weekend on the coast,TG. I hope I get to spend some time around there this summer.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

NO broken bones Baja?

If so, congrats and happy summer to you.

Yeap! And very few in the clinic - period.
    Five more days - but who is counting.

And the daughter got her Senior English paper back today. Her teacher is very strict on grading the papers - if you mess up one citation, it drops you a full letter grade, two citation errors costs you two letter grades. Between both of the Senior AP that this lady teachers, their were a few As, a few more Bs, a bunch of Cs and very few failing grades. The teacher had already told the daughter's class that everyone in there had passed. My daughter was hoping for a high C, but received an 88. Yeap, a citation error dropped her from a 98 to an 88 - and she was thrilled to get it. She beat out the kid ranked #6 in their class. Though she won't officially be told until Monday, it looks like no finals for her. (Geez, I always had to take my finals)

Thunder, enjoy your golf. I'll be sleeping in.

vCash

FORE!
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

For my 150th post on this thread, I have to wonder when it will receive its 10,000th viewer?

vCash

For my 150th post on this thread, I have to wonder when it will receive its 10,000th viewer?

Since there are only about 10 of us actually posting on this thread,
    and we check it at least 5 times a day...........
    figure sometime around.......Memorial Day........

Oh, wait, since Baja will be out of school soon, that will skew the view frequency.
    Better make that two days after Baja finishes this school year.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

Anyone seen anything on the Queen Mary 2? That is one big arsed boat. Since I have taken my first cruise recently, I have been looking at ships more closely. This is the biggest passenger ship ever built and is massive. It's around 1400 ft long. The wild thing is that I heard about another ship called the Freedom Ship. www.freedomship.com That thing will be 4000 feet long... yes, getting close to a mile. It will have an airport ON IT! It will be able to hold 100,000 passengers and will circle the globe every 3 years. You can purchase your own condo on the ship. Now that is a project.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

vCash

Will it have a football field capable of hosting the BCS Championship game?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUinFLA
    figure sometime around.......Memorial Day........

Oh, wait, since Baja will be out of school soon, that will skew the view frequency.
    Better make that two days after Baja finishes this school year.

Wait, we have to go to Norman to get my daughter's classes scheduled. We will run up there on Saturday - that means no internet until we get back and run through graduation on Wednesay. So that will skew it the other way.
    Seriously, you idiot.

JWTK, we went on a cruise almost 25 years ago (with lots of people who were old - around my current age). Cunard Line, awesome service.