Page 58 of 107 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 2128
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I AM THE GREATEST THREAD ENDER OF ALL TIME!!!

Oh, yeah. VZD's for lunch.

And I found the OU ornaments that I couldn't find down here! Plus 2 more - and they were on sale. Even better.

Just killing time, waiting for the hockey game to start. They are playing UM - St Louis as soon as the other gets over. It looks like they are a full game behind - which bites because they have the last game tonight and an early game in the morning. Assuming they beat UM-SL like they did last year.

bri

Bump.

vCash

vCash

Sigh - they lost. 4-3
    They haven't called yet, so they must be too mad to talk.

vCash

Losing builds character and winning builds champions. Good luck to them next time.
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder
    Losing builds character and winning builds champions. Good luck to them next time.
    No, it just blows. Mr, just called. The UM goalie was making some great saves. Our guys should have adjusted and taken higher shots. But they didn't.
    Out shot them 2 to 1. Some guy tripped my younger son and then came back and kneed him in the abdomen. The refs didn't see it, but Mr thought it was intentional - he is usually a more objective judge of that than I am. But Kev is okay - which is the important thing. The teams were tied going into the last minute, until we got a call. Mr said it was not the kind of call you usually see called in a quarterfinal game - especially in a tied game. Our kid and another were going for the puck, sticks got tangled and the other kid (in trying to put out his stick) hit himself in the face with his own stick - but we got the call. Breaks of the game. Shoulda played better and it wouldn't have come down to this play.

Lakeland, Fl - Where hurricanes cross paths.
    vCash

Hockey is for people who are not cold sensitive.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma
    No, it just blows. Mr, just called. The UM goalie was making some great saves. Our guys should have adjusted and taken higher shots. But they didn't.
    Out shot them 2 to 1. Some guy tripped my younger son and then came back and kneed him in the abdomen. The refs didn't see it, but Mr thought it was intentional - he is usually a more objective judge of that than I am. But Kev is okay - which is the important thing. The teams were tied going into the last minute, until we got a call. Mr said it was not the kind of call you usually see called in a quarterfinal game - especially in a tied game. Our kid and another were going for the puck, sticks got tangled and the other kid (in trying to put out his stick) hit himself in the face with his own stick - but we got the call. Breaks of the game. Shoulda played better and it wouldn't have come down to this play.
    I'd hate to be a parent of the opposing team sitting next to you ...Baja would go medieval on their arse.
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

Actually, the guys do inline. Ice is over for them. So the smell is worse, but the rink isn't too cold - usually a bit hot for the guys.

I am not too bad to sit next to - unless you are a whorn. (Probably has to do with the roundhouse swing at the older son). I do prefer to sit with our fans, away from the opposition, so I don't have to listen to them. But I can do it and be nice to sit next to.... unless you hurt my kid.
    Kev is not someone that you want to do cheap stuff to - he gets even. He waits, plotting and watching, and then gets you back - usually without getting caught. Oh, and don't hurt his brother either. The funniest thing is that he is over 6 feet tall and skinny enough to be a save the children poster kid. But he is all muscle.
    I don't like cheap stuff - whether it be the opposition, my kids or their teammates. We made that clear years ago - play clean or you won't play. Usually the better players are the cleanest players. Less skilled players use the cheap stuff to try to even up the playing field.

Sigh. Deep breath. Off my soapbox now.

Seriously.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White's Third Knee
    Head sucking jokes are too easy, so I won't go further.
    heh

don't forget pinching tails!

vCash

A mind is a terrible thing

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

So anyway, I am thinking of upgrding my charcoal grill. I like the flavor better than gas. I saw this one at Sam's for $150. It has a thick powder coat. The construction is sturdy. It has a front door to load coal and a crank to raise and lower the coals for temp adjustment. That's the best price I have seen for something like that. Suggestions? TIA

http://www.samsclub.com/eclub/main_s...cfkjdgoodfkh.0
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 The Fake Don Dokken's Avatar
    vCash

My session expired on Sam's before I could view the grill, but here's an interesting looking girl band...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White's Third Knee
    So anyway, I am thinking of upgrding my charcoal grill. I like the flavor better than gas. I saw this one at Sam's for $150. It has a thick powder coat. The construction is sturdy. It has a front door to load coal and a crank to raise and lower the coals for temp adjustment. That's the best price I have seen for something like that. Suggestions? TIA
    The "Brinkman"? It's about my price range. I'm looking, too. Charcoal's the way to go, IMHO. I just had to recycle the old cast aluminum one that I had for almost ever. Cost me $25 at Sears many moons ago. I miss it.
    You tell me it's the institution. Well, you know, you'd better free your mind instead.
    (Shoo-bee doo-wah)

vCash

Here's a question for you grill experts out there. I purchased a new gas grill last year and the damn ingnitor wire keeps falling out of the coupling. Any ideas on how to get it to stay put?

TIA
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

Replacement parts?
    I tend to think that replacing parts is safer when dealing with cooking with gas.
    Cheaper in the long run......

vCash

duct tape will repair almost anything.

Southern axiom.

vCash

Hmmmm. Duct tape repair vs damage from gas leak. Hmmmmm....

Darwin candidate.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUthunder
    Here's a question for you grill experts out there. I purchased a new gas grill last year and the damn ingnitor wire keeps falling out of the coupling. Any ideas on how to get it to stay put?

TIA
    I'd have to see it. I am a charcoal guy, but if you take a digital pic, I'll try to come up with a solution. I am a do-it-your-self-er.

Yeah, TU, it's still the best charcoal one that I have seen in that $ range. I say some vey cool grill that were made in Tulsa called Hastybake or somesuch, but they were side loading and cost too much for me.
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

vCash

I was thinking super-glu.
    My kids rock the flock!