Page 37 of 107 FirstFirst ... 2735363738394787 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

Re: I AM THE GREATEST THREAD ENDER OF ALL TIME!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TUSooner
    THIS post is mediocrity:
    Today is Patrick McGoohan's birthday (1928). He was born in the USA but moved to Ireland whe he was a kid. He hit it big in British TV as John Drake in "Secret Agent" a/k/a "Danger Man" a show with a really cool rock theme song* by Johnny Rivers. He was also "Number 6" in "The Prisoner," that trippy show about a village of former spies and others who were given numbers instead of names and kept prisoner because they knew too much . . . or something. Number 6's car was a Lotus Seven, Series II; the white balloons that captured escapees were called Rovers; the "Village" was portayed by Portmeirion, a resort in North Wales. McGoohan was the first choice to play James Bond, but he turned it down because he felt the role demeaned women.

*http://www.lyricsxp.com/lyrics/s/sec...ny_rivers.html
    Since I can remember him and both shows, what does that make me?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TUSooner's Avatar
    Inside your monitor. Hit it with a hammer to release me and get 3 wishes.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TigerGirl
    You're only about 60 miles away, TUSooner. Head on up the road!

I'm going to Covington tomorrow to go boat riding on the Tchefuncte. I love spring!
    Woo, that oughta be real nice, the weather's supposed to be great again. But I'm spoken for: I've got 1 daughter playing soccer, the other doing an academic fair at UNO. Thens something else my wife mentioned but I forgot already. Then I guess I'll clean out the garage, because I think Osama might be in there. Then my mother-in-law is cooking a chicken curry and some other thing for about 10 of us. Have fun.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma
    Since I can remember him and both shows, what does that make me?
    ...about my age?

Lakeland, Fl - Where hurricanes cross paths.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TigerGirl
    "You'd like to think that wouldn't you!"

I've been waiting to say that all day.

Time for a beer now.
    You had to wait until post #719 before you could have a beer

I admire your standards, but I think you could lower them somewhat.

vCash

...about my age?
    Yeap, I thought so too!

Edmond, Oklahoma -- the greatest city in Oklahoma
    vCash

What's the record for the highest number of posts?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerGOP
    What's the record for the highest number of posts?
    By a poster or a thread itself?
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

Okay, here is a project for you. Decide on a handsign for OU. The upside down gesture of the orange school doesn't cut it. This board needs to decide what is appropriate and start using it at the Spring Game. Get the word out and let people get used to it before the Fall. Or should this be a separate thread - again?

And the reason that this came up : Trading Spaces - Home Free (on TLC) is having a contest with the ultimate prize being they payoff your mortgage. There is an orange team competing tonight. And guess what sign they were flashing in the commercial? You can vote on which couple had the better design tonight after the show airs, 9 PM to 2 AM ET. Just go to the TLC.com website. BTW, Jay and Melanie are the orange couple.

vCash

Decisions! Decisions! Which course should I play first? I'm leaning towards Deacon's Lodge. I'll have to sleep on it though. Golf season is just around the corner.

http://grandviewlodge.com/golf.html
    My kids rock the flock!

Lakeland, Fl - Where hurricanes cross paths.
    vCash

\|/
    O

vCash

Thunder,
    Some of us have golf available most days of the year - except during thunderstorms and tornados. My f-i-l plays almost daily - even when it snows. Those stupid colored golf balls for snow and the lit ones for night games. Dufus, him not you.

OUinFla,
    Though I like it, do you think that the response will be OK is so-so, not awesome?
    Here is my idea - clink on the link below and then chose the converter. Type in OU and see what it would look like......
    http://where.com/scott.net/asl/
    Either are easy to do with both hands. And so much beter than the up-side-down sign.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jason White's Third Knee's Avatar
    [loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

Thunder,
    Some of us have golf available most days of the year - except during thunderstorms and tornados. My f-i-l plays almost daily - even when it snows. Those stupid colored golf balls for snow and the lit ones for night games. Dufus, him not you.

OUinFla,
    Though I like it, do you think that the response will be OK is so-so, not awesome?
    Here is my idea - clink on the link below and then chose the converter. Type in OU and see what it would look like......
    http://where.com/scott.net/asl/
    Either are easy to do with both hands. And so much beter than the up-side-down sign.
    Hey guys. I am back. I just caught up on the thread and I gotta say excellent job. Each post could have ended an ordinary thread, yet this one lives on.

I had a killer time in the caribbean. Perfect weather. I am tan. Much poorer. My wife and I bought jewelry and art. Weird. Not my style normally. My wife also got stitches from a hair drying accident. Go figure.

I think that we could do the OK think with 2 fingers down. It makes the hand look alot like the paperclip that we have on our helmets. It's not the typical OK symbol. Anyone? Anyone?
    I'm working up a Rondo thirst.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jason White's Third Knee
    **My wife also got stitches from a hair drying accident.....
    That's all you're gonna tell us?! I certainly feel sorry for Mrs Knee, and I hope she's OK, but that sentence demands some explanation. Or was this just one of those the ho-hum, run-of-the-mill "hair drying accidents" that requires stitches?

[loh-key-shuhn] noun-a place of settlement, activity, or residence: This town is a good location.
    vCash

That's all you're gonna tell us?! I certainly feel sorry for Mrs Knee, and I hope she's OK, but that sentence demands some explanation. Or was this just one of those the ho-hum, run-of-the-mill "hair drying accidents" that requires stitches?
    It was like 3 days ago and didn't affect the trip, so if she doesn't make a stink, I probably won't either.

We were on a 'sea day' and we had a couple of drinks (really! only 2!). We were in the hot tub and noticed that we had about 40 minutes til the formal dinner and we needed to get ready. We hit the room and fluffed and puffed. My wife went to our friend's room next door and used her hair dryier. She sat on her friend's bed which had a fold down bunk above it. She noticed and leaned over to dry her hair telling herself to be mindful of the bunk. Upside down drying, two, three, four. She's done and out of instinct she threw her head back and WHAMMO!!! She ran in to our room FREAKING OUT. I usually get creeped out by blood, but I was all business throughout the ordeal. I took a look while blood was trickling all over her head. We washed out a gash about 1.25 inches long and headed for the infermary. It took about 45 minutes to get 5 staples in her skin to secure the wound. We headed upstairs to get ready! She wore a scarf like Axel Rose (I have a pic) and we went to the formal dinner. We were late, but we still got to eat. She gets the staples out friday.

When I get a chance, I'll post some pics of our trip. St Thomas is a great place. It was a great tropical destination and the people were friendly. Nassau (Bahamas) and La Romana (Dominican Republic, I smoked a fresh cigar) were ok, but St Thomas and St John were spectacular.

No biggie. My wife's head smarts. That's about it.

vCash

Ouch Ouch Ouch! Good thing she's OK! Ouch.

Golly that sounds like something I would do.

Note to self...

vCash

OOOOOWWEEE. Not fun, for sure. But glad she's a real trooper and made it to dinner OK. Hope she's doing well. Other than that, it sounds like y'all had a blast.

vCash

I stubbed my toe on a chair this morning while chasing the little ones.

I want some symphony damnit!
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

I am so sorry for Mrs. Knee - glad it worked out though.
    St Thomas was one of my favorites. Also Antigua.
    Glad you guys are back.

Thunder, I am not in the mood for giving you symphony. I gave up my violin a long time ago. But, now, if you mean sympathy??? Yeah, I caught him spelling like I do!

vCash

I am so sorry for Mrs. Knee - glad it worked out though.
    St Thomas was one of my favorites. Also Antigua.
    Glad you guys are back.

Thunder, I am not in the mood for giving you symphony. I gave up my violin a long time ago. But, now, if you mean sympathy??? Yeah, I caught him spelling like I do!
    Baja, it was a spelling foo-pah on purpose. I'm edjeecated ya know.
    My kids rock the flock!

vCash

I am sure that Mrs. Knee will appreciate your encouragement. She is totally fine. Our trip was fantastic... lots of levity. We snorkeled, gambled (-$45), and I had this fruit called a honey tangerine that I highly recommend. Damn that thing was good.

Anyway. Thanks again for the kind words. Mrs. Knee would have been pissed if it had happened on day one, but it happened on day 6. Aside from a lump and another DR visit, she is perfect.

I had to Clark Kent her a bit, so she wouldn't get all farked up, but her was Mrs. Knee at dinner that night.
    Attached Images Attached Images