Re: Tv's TNT "Saving Grace" & OU

Quote Originally Posted by Tulsa_Fireman
    But she was Elasti-Girl!
    And got bizzz-ay...according to Earl.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jimminy Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Filmed mostly in Vancouver, BC.

They'll be doing more production work in OKC in the future.

Wish the show well!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Paperclip's Avatar
    vCash

Regardless of whatever the "theme" is there is way too much garbage to sort through to get to whatever message is supposed to be there. I watched the first 10 minutes and had to turn it off. I was shocked they could show that kind of sex and have that kind of language on basic cable. It's not really the kind of show I want associated with my city and state. But, as people like to say, if you don't like it don't watch it. I won't be watching it.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

Video link?

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclip
    Regardless of whatever the "theme" is there is way too much garbage to sort through to get to whatever message is supposed to be there. I watched the first 10 minutes and had to turn it off. I was shocked they could show that kind of sex and have that kind of language on basic cable. It's not really the kind of show I want associated with my city and state. But, as people like to say, if you don't like it don't watch it. I won't be watching it.

my son watched it - he said it was definitely for mature audiences only..and that they said the "F" word. I was very surprised. I'm not sure if i want to watch it or not.
    Whenever a boy comes you should always have something baking.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jimminy Crimson
    Filmed mostly in Vancouver, BC.

They'll be doing more production work in OKC in the future.

Wish the show well!

that's fine but if they show snow on the ground in the wintertime...that will be just stupid

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbrat
    my son watched it - he said it was definitely for mature audiences only..and that they said the "F" word. I was very surprised. I'm not sure if i want to watch it or not.
    Well, in my 10 minutes, the F-word was the only one I didn't hear.

vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tulsa_Fireman's Avatar
    vCash

She's skinny.
    People don't know what it is to be a champion.

Oklahoma INVENTED it.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by soonerbrat
    that's fine but if they show snow on the ground in the wintertime...that will be just stupid
    Wasn't there plenty of snow on the ground in OKC this past winter?
    It could happen

vCash

But if they show the mountains near Vancouver people might mistake OKC for Tulsa.

vCash

If the producers have a clue at all, they will work in a cameo for Bikerfox.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Paperclip
    Very good critique. I felt the same way, but still am curious enough about it to prolly watch it some more.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by bluedogok
    Wasn't there plenty of snow on the ground in OKC this past winter?
    It could happen

not canada-like snow!

my mom told me last night that my stepdad, who is a cop for OKC, got to meet Holly Hunter when she was in town shooting scenes. and they're just now telling me this? sheesh.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Petro-Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

The language surprised me as well. Totally uncalled for.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BudSooner's Avatar
    vCash

"I like a good chaw"

yeah buddy.

vCash

One thing confused the other night,maybe you deerhunters can clear up for me.When is pistol season for deer?I have friends who hunt primitive firearms season,archery,and rifle-shotgun but pistol?The other thing is isnt deer season at the tail-end of football season?After the hunting scene Grace and her partner/lover(Ham?) were talking about the upcoming season and if OU can find a QB.I'm thinking if we don't have one by deer season,we are in BIG trouble.

I don't care for the langiage of the series but as both a former police officer and a current sinner I do find it reflective of society at large.Sad but true.For a person such as Grace Anadarko who has fallen so far from GOD,it will be a long hard struggle to change.I'm hoping that starts to show up in the show soon.I think that is one of the reasons the show is on TNT and not ABC-NBC-CBS-Fox.Controversey is easier to deal with for Ted and his boys.

My final thought to this point is that this is not a feel good series like Highway To Heaven or Touched By An Angel.It deals not with believers but with people we all know who are profane and immoral.Truth be told I think that description can be given to many of us(at times),myself included.I hope Saving Grace turns out to be a good show with a good message,then again if it does it might well be canceled.
    Last edited by stoopified; 7/31/2007 at 04:31 PM.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hamhock's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by stoopified
    One thing confused the other night,maybe you derrhunters can clear up for me.When is pistol season for deer?I have friends who hunt primitive firearms season,archery,and rifle-shotgun but pistol?The other thing is isnt deer season at the tail-end of football season.After the hunting scene Grace and her partner/lover(Ham?) were talking about the upcoming season and if OU can find a QB.I'm thinking if we don't have one by deer season,we are in BIG trouble.

legal firearms for deer are defined by caliber. 40 cal and bigger pistols qualify.

deer season for me starts Oct. 1
    heh.

vCash

Well, Saving Grace made it 3 seasons, and I prolly watched it once or twice more after I said I would(above). I was at a friend's house this evening. He has Netflix, and has gotten into watching the episodes. I think he's finished through 8 episodes in season 2 so far. He likes the show, which is interesting to me, since he's a hardcore anti Christian lib type. Maybe he likes it because it depicts something which is considered VERY unlikely(the angel), and in that way reinforces his besmirching of Christianity. Maybe he likes the stereotyping of OKC as a wild west, somewhat low life frontier type place. Not convinced of his reasons yet.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone! View Post
    Well, Saving Grace made it 3 seasons, and I prolly watched it once or twice more after I said I would(above). I was at a friend's house this evening. He has Netflix, and has gotten into watching the episodes. I think he's finished through 8 episodes in season 2 so far. He likes the show, which is interesting to me, since he's a hardcore anti Christian lib type. Maybe he likes it because it depicts something which is considered VERY unlikely(the angel), and in that way reinforces his besmirching of Christianity. Maybe he likes the stereotyping of OKC as a wild west, somewhat low life frontier type place. Not convinced of his reasons yet.
    I'm not sure what one's politics have to do with watching and enjoying certain shows (within reason). I mean, I detest the politics of Star Trek but you won't find a more hardcore Trekkie than I am.