Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member swardboy's Avatar
    vCash

Where's OUr ESPY???

for GAME OF THE YEAR! What a rip....Boise State gets an ESPY but not us. They couldn't have done it without us!

"I'm going to request that you stop posting in this thread." - circa 2008
    "Why does there have to be so much immature stuff on here?" - circa 2010

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: Where's OUr ESPY???

Yeah, no fair!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Soonerus's Avatar
    vCash

Agree, it takes two for a game...it wasn't best win and we made it a great game...

vCash

i dont want an award for getting beat
    BOOMER SOONER

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by zeke

It's called "sarcasm"

roll eyes (sarcastic)

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by zeke
    Alright, thats enough, I've seen enough. One more mention of that on the espy and I'm turning the channel.
    BOOMER SOONER

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

Gotta love the NCAA Football '08 commercial with AD that showed during the ESPYs though. It's the play every Sooner wishes woulda happened - BSU's Johnson gets stuffed at the goal line.....

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Snrfn4ever08's Avatar
    vCash

I'm pretty sure OUr team won that game for Boise State (see blown coverage and fumbled snap leading to the first 2 BSU touchdowns). Not to take any credit away from them because those trick plays were amazing, but OU didn't exactly do anything to help themselves, especially at the beginning of the game.
    "That's the same Barry Switzer who won three national titles (and a scary 83.7 percent of his games) at OU and, whether you like it or not, has more Super Bowl victories than Marty Schottenheimer, Marv Levy, Bud Grant, Dan Reeves, Andy Reid, Jeff Fisher and Lovie Smith -- combined." -Michael Silver, SI.com

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

I coulda sworn we've done this before...
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerLB's Avatar
    vCash

Let 'em have their fun, all those Sooner haters will be choking on OUr National Championship six months from now!
    I'm no rocket surgeon, but . . . I am a member of the OLEVET POSSE!

"I'm too busy to help out right now....I'm trying to train a lizard to jump through hoops." - StoopTroup

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerLB
    Let 'em have their fun, all those Sooner haters will be choking on OUr National Championship six months from now!
    Coming up that soon? Just like that, huh? I've learned my lesson...I've decided this year to resort to "guarded optimism"
    "That's the same Barry Switzer who won three national titles (and a scary 83.7 percent of his games) at OU and, whether you like it or not, has more Super Bowl victories than Marty Schottenheimer, Marv Levy, Bud Grant, Dan Reeves, Andy Reid, Jeff Fisher and Lovie Smith -- combined." -Michael Silver, SI.com

SoonerFans.com Elite Member IronSooner's Avatar
    vCash

I'm surprised anyone cared enough about the ESPYs to watch. And a little disappointed in myself for clicking this thread.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Doged's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by swardboy
    for GAME OF THE YEAR! What a rip....Boise State gets an ESPY but not us. They couldn't have done it without us!
    We actually were given one at the same time as Boise, but the NCAA ruled we couldn't display it.... *bah da bum*.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Boomer_Sooner_sax's Avatar
    vCash

And if it wasn't bad enough that BSU accepted the award, but it was given out by Matt Lienhart and Vince Young...that is a whole lot of OU hate up there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bri View Post
    Yes there is: Two women in handcuffs, going to town on each other like their special lady areas have the antidote.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer_Sooner_sax
    And if it wasn't bad enough that BSU accepted the award, but it was given out by Matt Lienhart and Vince Young...that is a whole lot of OU hate up there.
    That's gotta be illegal in most states

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 IronHorseSooner's Avatar
    vCash

This is just another bit of motivation that I hope that our staff uses for this year's team. With all of the motivation going into this season, this team should monkey stomp everybody that steps onto the field with them.
    "Texas might have made some concessions and they might be in the same conference as Oklahoma, but they're not in the same league."

Rece Davis College Football Final 8 OCT 2011

Sooner Rookie
    vCash

mentioning leinart and vy- they both went up and got the award last year for the rose bowl even though leinart lost in the game. it is just another example of espn's "flavor of the week" mentality.

who cares anyway, the espy's are just a way to raise money for cancer research, its not like the awards mean anything except for the arthur ashe one

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Beef's Avatar
    vCash

Think they might have asked Bob if he wanted to co-accept it and he told them he was too busy working on winning another Championship?
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Him being a ****ing tard does. You don't smack down your mongoloid cousin when he spits taters across the table.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member The Maestro's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beef
    Think they might have asked Bob if he wanted to co-accept it and he told them he was too busy working on winning another Championship?
    TOTALLY thought that myself. Not really Bob's style to show up and accept an award for a game we lost. You gotta love Bob's "we've got more important things to do" mentality than to be a hype machine. Stoops will dang sure never make the ESPN "Who's Now?" list cause he has no "Q Factor" off the field...and let's keep it that way!
    “It never changes. Football is a game of repetition, mental and physical. You may try to articulate it a little different, but it's the same thing: Get better players, make fewer mistakes, and drill the fundamentals into your players' heads. The rest of it is a joke. Teams aren't winning because of what they had for breakfast or what some coach said in the locker room.” - Barry Switzer

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Beef
    That would rock! Hope it comes out if true.