vCash

NFL Europa Folds

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2920738

The CFL is still kicking though.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

Re: NFL Europa Folds

I remember watching the CFL on ESPN when I was a kid. That was when Warren Moon played for the Edmonton Eskimos. Never did watch a NFL Europe game.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

well since the CFL has minimal involvement with the NFL that's probably to their advantage...that and the fact that they are on the same continent as us.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member critical_phil's Avatar
    vCash

good news for Mark Cuban

Ready for Baseball Season tulsaoilerfan's Avatar
    vCash

will anyone on here admit to watching this anyway? I never watched a game in the 15 years of it's existence

vCash

I watched a few games when they were on Fox, and a guy I knew was playing on one of the teams.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tulsaoilerfan
    will anyone on here admit to watching this anyway? I never watched a game in the 15 years of it's existence
    a few people this past season watched a couple of teams with interest because of Quentin Griffin and Remi Ayodele. Some probably watched last year and the year before to catch up on Nate Hybl.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

It was good for a quick football fix, but I never knew or never remembered when it was on most of the time.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I think the last game I saw was the London Monarchs vs. Barcelona Dragons.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member AllAboutThe'O''s Avatar
    There she is, and I hope she's living where I is.
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tulsaoilerfan
    I watched it fairly extensively in its first year, when it was known as the World League. Couldn't get enough of the Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks and the Orlando Thunder with their lime-green "neon" jerseys.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

I don't understand why the NFL doesn't make an effort at having a developmental league here in the U.S. involving 8 or so teams. Put the teams in areas that don't have NFL teams, but have good football support. Mid-sized to large size cities that have colleges or existing stadiums within those cities so the league can rent stadiums from the schools.

A few places that come to mind are Los Angeles, Columbus, Orlando, San Antonio, Austin, Memphis, Ft. Worth, Louisville, Fresno, etc. (I'd make a push for Tulsa, but would be called a homer. Although I remember that Outlaws drew very well).

Have two 4 team divisions, play an 8 game schedule (home and home against division, once game against two of the teams in the other division). top two teams in each division make playoffs, then a championship game. With a bye week, you could have the season over in 11 or 12 weeks.

The games could be put on NFL Network or obviously sold to another Network that would probably pay to pick up the games.

Play the season from March - May before it gets too hot.

vCash

you should try pushing that idea to the NFL...seriously.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack
    I don't understand why the NFL doesn't make an effort at having a developmental league here in the U.S. involving 8 or so teams. Put the teams in areas that don't have NFL teams, but have good football support. Mid-sized to large size cities that have colleges or existing stadiums within those cities so the league can rent stadiums from the schools.

A few places that come to mind are Los Angeles, Columbus, Orlando, San Antonio, Austin, Memphis, Ft. Worth, Louisville, Fresno, etc. (I'd make a push for Tulsa, but would be called a homer. Although I remember that Outlaws drew very well).

Have two 4 team divisions, play an 8 game schedule (home and home against division, once game against two of the teams in the other division). top two teams in each division make playoffs, then a championship game. With a bye week, you could have the season over in 11 or 12 weeks.

The games could be put on NFL Network or obviously sold to another Network that would probably pay to pick up the games.

sounds like a good idea to me. there's definitely a market for it, if it's done properly.

i'll get on the horn with goodell.

CEO, Devastation, Inc. John Kochtoston's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMack

There's already something like that sorta in the works.

http://www.allamericanfootballleague.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member bluedogok's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    well since the CFL has minimal involvement with the NFL that's probably to their advantage...that and the fact that they are on the same continent as us.
    There are a couple of CFL games on the regional sports networks every week on the Directv Sports Pack, I watch some of those. I also watched some of the NFL Europe games as well. There needs to be a developmental league of some kind and the NFL needs to be in control of it, the Arena Football League is not one. Outside leagues have too hard of a time trying to keep one going as it seems the NFL tries to kill them off if they get any sort of traction.