Thread: Termites

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Termites

Does anyone have knowledge or opinions on how the monitoring systems like Sentricon compare to old-fashioned poison barrier systems like Orkin?
    Ukraine: Not Our Fight.

More epicycles!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CobraKai's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Termites

I just got Sentricon. The good thing about it is that most of the companies will guarantee any damages inflicted after installing the Sentricon system, which sounds like a good sign to me.

The other clincher is that a local pest removal service gave us the strong sell that Sentricon did not work and we should pay more for their new system. After calling a few more services we found out that exterminator #1 actually lost their license to sell Sentricon, and that is why they were bad mouthing it.

Whether it works or not, I don't know. But considering the fact that many exterminators will replace any termite damages occurring after installation I really don't care if it works or not...I'm covered.
    "That's a painting of me taking the bull by the horns. Its a metaphor. But that really happened."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Termite monitoring system? Wow, how does that work? Are there little laser beams and stuff?
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    Termite monitoring system? Wow, how does that work? Are there little laser beams and stuff?
    Shatner is on Boston Legal.

Nimoy is coordinating the termite monitoring system. "Sen-sors detect a swarm of workers approaching at 147 mark 35."

A plastic cylinder, with slits in the sides, and two totally untreated, tasty pieces of wood. A month later, company X digs up the cylinders. If they have termites, the tech scoops them into a smaller cardboard cylinder which is impregnated with a chemical, which the termites can't detect. The termites eat their way out of the cardboard, and go back into their tunnels and "share" their food with their nestmates. The chemical is slow-acting, but eventually inhibits the formation of chitin, so when the termites try to molt, they

DIE, INSECT, DIE!

Fascinating.

More epicycles!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

If you don't have termites now, you will as soon as a neighbor treats their house.
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sooner_born_1960's Avatar
    vCash

Go with the chemicals. You won't have to depend on some teenager to come by and inspect the bait stations every month. And getting them to pay for damages is harder than getting jk's insurance company to pay a claim.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by CobraKai
    I just got Sentricon. The good thing about it is that most of the companies will guarantee any damages inflicted after installing the Sentricon system, which sounds like a good sign to me.
    I read the back of the proposal from Acenitec (local company), and it specifically disclaims responsibility for wood damage. It looks like the form came from Dow, which produces Sentricon. OTOH, Orkin doesn't guarantee against damage with its liquid termiticide either.

What company did you use, if you don't mind my asking? If they give you a credit for new customers, I will certainly help you out there.

TIA

More epicycles!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BajaOklahoma
    If you don't have termites now, you will as soon as a neighbor treats their house.

I can confirm this! We had them after neighbors got treated, paid 700.00+ and now their gone. Amazing how money will do that.
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

vCash

Does the termite monitoring system suddenly wake you in your sleep and set off sirens and alarms?

If so...

I think I'll just leave them be...