Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CobraKai's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Connie Chung, what did she say

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich
    Do you have any idea how many times in college I was asked in seriousness whether my family lived in an iglu or we used dogsled to get around?
    Well, do you?
    "That's a painting of me taking the bull by the horns. Its a metaphor. But that really happened."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by r5TPsooner
    Having just moved here from the north and having offered several people a job in Oklahoma with the move being paid for... the answer is a resounding YES! Out of the nine people that were offered, four made the move and the other five wouldn't even make the all expense paid visit. Not to mention that they were going to be making nearly $20k more and the cost of living is like 14% cheaper in Oklahoma. Not to mention that you get much more house for the money in Oklahoma that you do in most parts of the country. The wife and I just laughed at there stupid asses.

Reasons & excuses we received were quite interesting:

No ice fishing for the spouse
    Oklahoma is too flat
    No trees or vegetation
    Nothing to do there
    No main attractions for entertainment
    No decent restaurants and/or shopping
    Tornados
    Heat

I can understand a few, but some of these people thought that Oklahomans were still using horse and buggies to get from point A to point B. Plus, they were semi-educated as well.
    so how come jaux offered me a job in PA. but you never offered me a job. I hate Michigan.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OSUAggie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by BigRedJed
    I don't think that got the essence of the complaint. Read straight from the page, it seems like a pretty neutral statement. If I remember right, the tone in which it was uttered was not open to much interpretation.
    It was a condescending tone laced with doubt about the ability of anybody in Oklahoma to handle any sort of disastrous situation due to the fact that we're ****ing retarded little pieces of white trash that eat mayonnaise sandwiches and **** our sisters while listening John Cougar Mellencamp records. Or something of the like.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CobraKai's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OSUAggie
    It was a condescending tone laced with doubt about the ability of anybody in Oklahoma to handle any sort of disastrous situation due to the fact that we're ****ing retarded little pieces of white trash that eat mayonnaise sandwiches and **** our sisters while listening John Cougar Mellencamp records. Or something of the like.
    Classic...

All the while the joke is on her. After all, she was the one married to Maurie Povich.
    "That's a painting of me taking the bull by the horns. Its a metaphor. But that really happened."