vCash

Re: Connie Chung, what did she say

Out.
    But, I bet GHP digs her.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUHOMER's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUTromBoNado
    I thought she also said something along the lines of, "Oklahomans are nothing but a bunch of beer drinking, pickup driving hicks."

I could be wrong about that, but that quote sticks in my mind.
    I was also thinking she said something a long these lines.
    Posse Member hoping for middle manager, Yep , I dont know ****

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Quote:
    Originally Posted by C&CDean
    I'm a tolerant mother****er.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by royalfan5
    Of Course. Nebraska isn't a poor state.
    so now you're saying only the rich people get plumbing??
    I taste terrific.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

Rather got her demoted?

Then went on to claim forged documents as the Real McCoy in an attempt to sway the election to Kerry.

Oh, the humanity!

VeeJay,

That was Mike Nifong's plan all along. To show such careless disregard for the truth that he would be a candidate to be the next SEE-BS anchor.
    Olevet Omlette Whisk Dispensor

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CobraKai's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SicEmBaylor
    I'm willing to bet they are. I have like a cousin who married this guy she met in college and moved to Hoboken, NJ. Well, my mother ordered flowers for her on some occasion and she was giving the woman our billing address and my hand to God (well according to my mother) the New Jersey florist asks her, "Is Oklahoma a state?"
    I was calling our company's VP of sales (in NYC) once and got his secretary. She was making small talk and asked "what do you guys do for fun in Oklahoma? Go to the beach?" I said "no, we don't have any nearby." She said "you ain't got no oceans in Oklahoma?" I responded, "No. You ain't got no globes in New York?"

It is typical big city mentality though. I worked for a consulting firm out of college. I literally traveled the world and worked for some of the premium A-list companies you've ever heard of. I visited my old OU roommate in Chicago, when I was there on a business trip. We went out with his friends and one of them bragged about the fact that he was born in Chicago and in his entire life has never ventured more than 20 miles from the spot he was born. He then made several snide remarks through the evening about him being more worldly and cultured, me being from Oklahoma and all. I was like..."20 miles huh."
    "That's a painting of me taking the bull by the horns. Its a metaphor. But that really happened."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 r5TPsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by goingoneight
    Are people really that retarded to believe we're still cowboys and indians?

Having just moved here from the north and having offered several people a job in Oklahoma with the move being paid for... the answer is a resounding YES! Out of the nine people that were offered, four made the move and the other five wouldn't even make the all expense paid visit. Not to mention that they were going to be making nearly $20k more and the cost of living is like 14% cheaper in Oklahoma. Not to mention that you get much more house for the money in Oklahoma that you do in most parts of the country. The wife and I just laughed at there stupid asses.

Reasons & excuses we received were quite interesting:

No ice fishing for the spouse
    Oklahoma is too flat
    No trees or vegetation
    Nothing to do there
    No main attractions for entertainment
    No decent restaurants and/or shopping
    Tornados
    Heat

I can understand a few, but some of these people thought that Oklahomans were still using horse and buggies to get from point A to point B. Plus, they were semi-educated as well.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Petro-Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

[QUOTE=r5TPsooner]
    No decent restaurants and/or shopping
    [QUOTE]

What? We have Ryan's steakhouse and Wal-Mart.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Boomer_Sooner_sax's Avatar
    vCash

I still like when Connie Chugn grunted to get off of the piano when she was singing!! CLASSIC!
    Quote Originally Posted by bri View Post
    Yes there is: Two women in handcuffs, going to town on each other like their special lady areas have the antidote.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CobraKai's Avatar
    vCash

That reminds me of my old roommate at the time. After the Chung fiasco he used to always say he had to go take a Connie and wipe his Chung.
    "That's a painting of me taking the bull by the horns. Its a metaphor. But that really happened."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Absolutely. The worst thing you can ever do in the Northeast is ask for a Dr. Pepper or say, "Y'all." I did that in NYC when I was there 1997. Suddenly, I became a bigger tourist attraction than the Empire State Building, Broadway, and Times Square combined. They thought that I had to carry a six-shooter when I went to school just in case of an Indian raid.

Until I made that trip to NYC, no one had ever told me that I had an accent. I found out then, especially when I'm tired, just how bad my accent is.

NOW GO AWAY OR I SHALL TAUNT YOU A SECOND TIME!

vCash

Here's the first mistake you people made, you went north of the Mason-Dixon line. Absolutely, NOTHING positive comes from our northern brethren. Sometimes I wish we had our very own country.......hmmmmmmm.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Do you have any idea how many times in college I was asked in seriousness whether my family lived in an iglu or we used dogsled to get around?
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Here's the first mistake you people made, you went north of the Mason-Dixon line. Absolutely, NOTHING positive comes from our northern brethren. Sometimes I wish we had our very own country.......hmmmmmmm.
    Sometimes I wish you had your very own country also. Not the South. I like a lot about the South. Just you.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

I was in Vegas 15 years ago and the other people at the blackjack table asked if we had bars and restaurants in Oklahoma and if coyotes ever steal small children like they had heard...seriously, they weren't kidding. Some think nothing has changed since The Grapes of Wrath.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

And back on topic, I think Connie asked the old OKC FD Chief (Jennifer Reynolds' ex) how he felt about finally having "competent" help after FEMA and other national groups came to OKC to help. He said OKC FD et al. were more than competent and Mrs. Povich actually repeated the "competent" word again.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

I can't remember the exact wording, but it was obvious at the time that she was really marginalizing the local effort and expressing disdain for the idea that OKC could respond to the tragedy. The comments were made at the very moment of the OCFD's finest hour, a moment in which they set a national standard for emergency/disaster response that is used as lesson material for emergency responders around the world to this day.

The other thing that privately didn't set well with a lot of folks is that she refused to get out of her limousine except to do live shots.
    Well, crap.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OSUAggie's Avatar
    vCash

http://www.bookrags.com/Connie_Chung#br_1

".... few months later, in the wake of the 1995 Oklahoma City bombing, Chung asked a city official, “Can you people in Oklahoma handle something this big and disastrous?” Many Oklahomans responded in protest over the statement, which they viewed as patronizing, and Chung was let go as co-anchor of the CBS Evening News in response."

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

I don't think that got the essence of the complaint. Read straight from the page, it seems like a pretty neutral statement. If I remember right, the tone in which it was uttered was not open to much interpretation.
    Well, crap.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I'm willing to bet they are. I have like a cousin who married this guy she met in college and moved to Hoboken, NJ. Well, my mother ordered flowers for her on some occasion and she was giving the woman our billing address and my hand to God (well according to my mother) the New Jersey florist asks her, "Is Oklahoma a state?"
    please, I've heard some mighty-*** ignorant things coming from Okies upon learning I'm from NY...ignorance knows no borders...
    I'M A RULE BREAKER!