Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hamhock's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Online banking

hmmm..i like the tracking.

sometimes i get the feeling that UPS is a step away from being able to tell me exactly what intersection the truck with my package is at and what the driver is listening to on the radio.
    heh.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member RacerX's Avatar
    vCash

Don't aggravate the dots!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hamhock
    sometimes i get the feeling that UPS is a step away from being able to tell me exactly what intersection the truck with my package is at
    With GPS that wouldn't be difficult to do. Combine that with flight tracking information, and you could know the exact location and speed of your package any time it's on the move.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    With GPS that wouldn't be difficult to do. Combine that with flight tracking information, and you could know the exact location and speed of your package any time it's on the move.
    So, y'all pay $20 for shipping just to know where your package is? Weirdos.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hamhock's Avatar
    vCash

UPS ground is a little over $5.

if the customer wants to know where the package is, I want to know where the package is.
    heh.

Administrator
    vCash

UPS ground is a little over $5.

if the customer wants to know where the package is, I want to know where the package is.
    I don't mail packages. If I did, my only concern would be did it get there on time or not. I honestly can't tell you how the USPS tracking system works. You'd have to give it a whirl. If it sucks, go back to UPS I guess.

i like the tracking confirmation dealio with USPS because its like 65 cents

ANY courier, be it USPS, UPS, DHL, FEDEX, they can and do lose packages

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

STOP AGITATING THE DOTS!
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Stoop Dawg's Avatar
    vCash

I've had the misfortune of going to the post office a couple of times lately. Here's what I've encountered:

1. Of course, there are 20 people in line and one person working.

2. I was returning a rug to Overstock.com. It was rolled up like a tootsie roll. It took 3 of them to figure out to enter the "length, height, and width" into the computer. "There's no width! What's the width?" They still got it wrong Dude measured the circumference then divided it by 2. I had been standing there so long I just let it go.

3. I was mailing an evelope and didn't care how long it took to get there. I asked for the cheapest method. Moron offers me Express mail. I said "Is that the cheapest?". So then she offers me Priority mail. Isn't First Class even cheaper? What's so hard about giving me the cheapest rate when I ask for it?

4. Priority mail is NOT 2 day. It's "2 or 3 day, whatever we feel like". I'm not sure how this is different from First Class. I guess First Class is "whenever, if at all".

5. I don't see it on the USPS web site, but I could have sworn the moron offered me "guaranteed delivery" for an extra charge. Perhaps I misunderstood her, see #6.

6. They act like the customer is the moron because we don't study up on USPS labels and guidelines before we go into the post office. No, I don't know which label to put on there, where to put it, or what special kind of tape you require. And no I don't want to stand here and hand write the address on the label. You're going to type it into your computer anyway, so why don't you just print a label for me and put it where it goes? Yes, I'll gladly pay more for the new-fangled thing that UPS and FedEx provide. I think they're calling this new thing "Customer Service".

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Re: The official "Bitch to Dean about the USPS" thread

This thread has been split out for less confusion on my tiny brain.

Administrator
    vCash

So, when I bank on-line I go to that Copper Top bank on the Westside, yo.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

This thread is ignoring one of the golden rules....never pi$$ed off a postal worker!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

If your customer wants to know where the package is, just forward their call to Dean.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member JohnnyMack's Avatar
    vCash

Dean sucks. He was all actin' like a bitch just 'cause I wanted to steal an r2-D2 mail box.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member slickdawg's Avatar
    vCash

I want them to make stamps 50 cents each, and lock that price in for 10 years.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Paperclip's Avatar
    vCash

1. Of course, there are 20 people in line and one person working.
    This is my only real complaint about the post office. What's with that? I've never had a problem with mail being on time, etc.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by slickdawg
    I want them to make stamps 50 cents each, and lock that price in for 10 years.
    You can buy "perpetual" stamps now that will work no matter what the first class rate is. But postage increases have historically been less than inflation, so you're better off dealing with new stamps every few years.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by mdklatt
    You can buy "perpetual" stamps now that will work no matter what the first class rate is. But postage increases have historically been less than inflation, so you're better off dealing with new stamps every few years.
    Actually, that's not true. I looked it up the other day and the price of first-class postage has increased by about 50% in real dollars since the 70s.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

One thing the USPS most certainly has is a mighty fine buffet at their training center. DEEEEE-LISH!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich
    Actually, that's not true. I looked it up the other day and the price of first-class postage has increased by about 50% in real dollars since the 70s.

Here's where I got that from: http://www.slate.com/id/2166475/

Since 1971, postal rates have increased more slowly than the actual inflation rate, as measured by the U.S. Consumer Price Index. So, despite the numerous rate hikes over the last 36 years, stamps have actually been getting cheaper. ... Should this historical pattern hold, you'd be paying more for today's forever stamps than you would for any stamp in the future, no matter how high the rate goes.

In fact, this pattern must hold—as a matter of law. In December, President Bush signed the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act, which ensures that future price increases will be kept below an inflation-based ceiling. In other words, postage hikes will never surpass inflation—and the forever stamp will never become a good investment.