Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash

Re: Online banking

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    I'll bite.

Junk mailers (we prefer to call them Business Mailers) mail brazillions of pieces. They are our valued customers. Our esteemed Business Mailers create 10's of billions of dollars in annual revenue.

You? Your'e too cheap to buy a .41 cent stamp, and you don't mail ****. Then you bitch about the one time in your whole universe that your dead Aunt Margaret didn't get the birthday card you mailed her for 3-weeks.
    they are the biggest reason i hate checking my mail

if i could find a way to make you guys eat that stuff, i would

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

So one time I heard a comedian say that when he gets junk mail with a SASE inside for our convenience that he puts the junk mail inside and mails it back. Ha ha.

But think about that for a minute. Isn't that a win/win for everyone?

I think I'll start doing that, too.
    "And the truth is that no circumstance can ever defeat us unless we let it... Resilience in the face of failure is a manifestation of the mind..." -Wayne Coyne

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Oh, and 'Dark Stranger'.

Heh.
    "And the truth is that no circumstance can ever defeat us unless we let it... Resilience in the face of failure is a manifestation of the mind..." -Wayne Coyne

Dean - does the USPS have any estimations as to how much business they've lost due to online banking? any kind of %'s?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 LilSooner's Avatar
    vCash

And Dean for what it's worth I would rather send my stuff through the USPS, why you may ask since I have a corporate account at Fed Ex? Because the fed ex rips me the hell off. You can't tell me it's cost me 68 bucks to over night something to ponca city. Hell for that I just drive the damn thing up there.

I hate fed ex, they are the suckiest of all suck. I really hate when they lose my 400 dollar lap chole packs that go out to middle of nowhere oklahoma and I'm the one responsible for replacing them, the bastards.
    "Yea, and the shins of the wicked were smote."-Lil 22:18

and behold I looked in the sky, and saw a rider on a pale horse, the rider's name was death, and Lil Sooner followed after,....Revalations

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    Dean - does the USPS have any estimations as to how much business they've lost due to online banking? any kind of %'s?
    Whatever business might have been lost through on-line banking is more than made up through innerweb buying. You can buy your **** on Ebay, but you can't get it delivered through ebay. We're also heavy into all kinds of e-commerce. Our flats and first-class letter business has really not dropped off that much. People still get most of their bills through the mail, and really good people still send greeting cards through the mail. Cause everybody knows that innerweb greeting cards are the succ.

lol, true, e-cards do suck, and i wasnt bashing the post office, i use it plenty, just not for my bills

but what i dont send to the credit card companies, they more than make up for by sending me offers

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LilSooner
    And Dean for what it's worth I would rather send my stuff through the USPS, why you may ask since I have a corporate account at Fed Ex? Because the fed ex rips me the hell off. You can't tell me it's cost me 68 bucks to over night something to ponca city. Hell for that I just drive the damn thing up there.

I hate fed ex, they are the suckiest of all suck. I really hate when they lose my 400 dollar lap chole packs that go out to middle of nowhere oklahoma and I'm the one responsible for replacing them, the bastards.
    We have an intranet site that shows all the folks who switch from Fedex or UPS for their overnight/2-day services. The main reason is cost and reliability. If you go Express Mail, and it doesn't get there tomorrow, it's free. And the USPS is much cheaper across the board for the same services. We have to announce our rate increases - the others just do it on the sly.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hamhock's Avatar
    vCash

We have an intranet site that shows all the folks who switch from Fedex or UPS for their overnight/2-day services. The main reason is cost and reliability. If you go Express Mail, and it doesn't get there tomorrow, it's free. And the USPS is much cheaper across the board for the same services. We have to announce our rate increases - the others just do it on the sly.

do you get a tracking number with express mail? i send a bunch of stuff via ups that doesn't necessarily need to get there by 8am the next day, i just want to be able to track it so it doesn't get lost.
    heh.

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Hamhock
    do you get a tracking number with express mail? i send a bunch of stuff via ups that doesn't necessarily need to get there by 8am the next day, i just want to be able to track it so it doesn't get lost.
    Dude, you get a tracking number with regular old priority mail. And for about a third less than UPS.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hamhock's Avatar
    vCash

Dude, you get a tracking number with regular old priority mail. And for about a third less than UPS.

i wanna send some important paperwork in between tulsa and okc, sometimes dallas/wichita/kc. i'd prefer it get there the next day, but if not, 2nd day would be ok. i need to be able to track it.

what's the name of the USPS product? i'd ask for a link but some smart *** will tell me to google it.
    heh.

Administrator
    vCash

i wanna send some important paperwork in between tulsa and okc, sometimes dallas/wichita/kc. i'd prefer it get there the next day, but if not, 2nd day would be ok. i need to be able to track it.

what's the name of the USPS product? i'd ask for a link but some smart *** will tell me to google it.
    If you want it overnight, it's Express Mail. If you want 2-day, it's Priority Mail. Your regular mail carrier can pick up during delivery, or you can go to the PO.

http://www.usps.com/

vCash

you may get a tracking number but you can't track the package online for ****

i've never gotten updates until i finally got the package

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    you may get a tracking number but you can't track the package online for ****

i've never gotten updates until i finally got the package
    Whatever. So, you youngsters with all your immediate gratification needs aren't happy with getting their packages. No, they wanna know exactly where/when/who/why/how their package got from point A to point B. Selfish little ****s.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

USPS.com is your friend.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

USPS tracking information is worthless.

6/10/2007: Package received from sender.
    6/13/2007: Package delivered.

Gee, thanks.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.

Administrator
    vCash

See my above post, youngster.

vCash

so why even advertise tracking?

Administrator
    vCash

Because nimrods need to know?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

See my above post, youngster.
    Back in my day, we didn't give a damn when our package was going to arrive. We knew it would show up sooner or later. Or maybe not at all. And that's how we liked it.
    I'm not happy until you're not happy.