Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Online banking

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Online banking

Right now I use Arvest. Due to some problems getting a replacement debit card, they've ****ed me off for the last time so I'm going to change banks. The only thing is that Arvest's online banking is quite good. Anyone particularly like their bank's online bill pay?

The best thing about Arvest's is I can set it up to pay on a specific date and it takes care of everything else. For example, if I set it up to pay something on July 1 it does the ACH withdrawal on that day if it can OR it sends a check 5 or so days earlier if it needs to send the check so it will get there in time. And the funds don't get removed until the due date I set up (or at least as far as I've seen they haven't). And they guarantee they will be on time or they will take care of any late fees, which I've used once before.

Do you guys have anything that is similar or better? TFCU seems to sort of suck from what I've seen, as does Oklahoma's credit union. At work I deal with BOA and BOK and I doubt I'd trust them with my money, although they might be a good option. I basically just don't want any hassles and want good online banking. It seems like that shouldn't be a problem.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Online banking

I think they all will pretty much do that recurring payment thing, Norm.

Unless it has changed in the last year, BOK's wasn't that impressive to me. I personally use Chase and BOK and I've been perfectly happy with each. I've been using Chase/Bank One/Liberty for many, many years now.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hamhock's Avatar
    vCash

i use spirit bank online and like it.
    heh.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Viking Kitten's Avatar
    vCash

Norm, did you know Arvest was owned by one of Sam Walton's kids before you started banking there? Yep... it's the First National Bank of Wal Mart. And that's where Norm's been banking.

[Nelson]HA HA.[/Nelson]

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mjcpr
    I think they all will pretty much do that recurring payment thing, Norm.

Unless it has changed in the last year, BOK's wasn't that impressive to me. I personally us Chase and BOK and I've been perfectly happy with each. I've been using Chase/Bank One/Libert for many, many years now.
    Well, reoccurring payments is fine, but I've got about 3 or 4 payments where it changes every month so it can't be reoccurring. I like to say "Pay this on July 1" and not have to worry about when it gets sent or when the funds get removed from my account. Well, I don't literally say that.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Kitten
    Norm, did you know Arvest was owned by one of Sam Walton's kids before you started banking there? Yep... it's the First National Bank of Wal Mart. And that's where Norm's been banking.

[Nelson]HA HA.[/Nelson]

that explains the problems

i use BofA and haven't had any problems, i think the free account might not have all the same features, but it may have caught up somewhat

i have some premium account for free since my mortgage is through them, but i can schedule payments like that, i think

their hours succ though, if i need to go to a branch for some reason i still use my Arvest account

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Our online bill pay vendor is really good-check around to local credit unions and find out if they use ORCC as their payment vendor. Their interface rules and is super-easy to set up exactly how you like it. It'll also let you choose between recurring, one-time, or repeating manual payments.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Administrator
    vCash

On-line banking is for nimrods and no-accounts who can't manage their own damn money. When I pay my bills on July 1st, I know they're paid, and for how much. I also know how much I've got left in checking. I ain't giving up control of my funds to a bank. It's bad enough that they get to hold and make $$ on my deposits.

Adminstrator of PAIN
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Kitten

[Nelson]HA HA.[/Nelson]
    Yeah, I am aware. That's why I keep getting screwed over by them. I banked with Security for years and loved them. Then they got bought by arvest and I've had too many things go wrong since then.

For instance, one time I looked on my bank statement and I had two charges for something like 49.62 from Albertson's in the same day. One was a check and one was a "debit". Now explain to me how I could have went into Albertson's and came up with the same exact charge twice? So I called the bank and they said it was impossible that they could have made a mistake and that I'd have to get Albertson's to tell them there was only one charge. I called Albertson's and they said they would be glad to pull the signed receipt out upon a search warrant from the police. So I got screwed out of about $50. During the security days that wouldn't have happened because my business was important to them.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Norm In Norman
    Well, reoccurring payments is fine, but I've got about 3 or 4 payments where it changes every month so it can't be reoccurring. I like to say "Pay this on July 1" and not have to worry about when it gets sent or when the funds get removed from my account. Well, I don't literally say that.
    I see....they do that as well.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    On-line banking is for nimrods and no-accounts who can't manage their own damn money. When I pay my bills on July 1st, I know they're paid, and for how much. I also know how much I've got left in checking. I ain't giving up control of my funds to a bank. It's bad enough that they get to hold and make $$ on my deposits.
    like i want to trust my payments with Newman

12. 6/13/2007, 10:44 AM

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Funny. My experience has been that the people who manage their money well typically use online bill payments so they can know exactly when their creditor gets paid. People who want to "float" or can't afford to pay their bills on time typically don't like bill payer service.

But YMMV.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

vCash

we use republic bank, norm. have had no problems with their online banking stuff.
    Do it for the Polar bears.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Well then you do it your way Mr. Happy, I'll do it mine. However, you've got time to type your woes on this board, so you've got time to write checks. And tell me, how many times have your bills not shown up at your house? That's what I thought, never. You're just still under the influence of those bitter pills you took.
    Welcome Back, Norm!!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Hamhock's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich
    Funny. My experience has been that the people who manage their money well typically use online bill payments so they can know exactly when their creditor gets paid. People who want to "float" or can't afford to pay their bills on time typically don't like bill payer service.

But YMMV.

ditto. i sit down once a month and tell the bank when i want the bill to be paid. if i mailed everything on July 1st, i'd be paying bills that aren't due for 3weeks. plus, it saves me the cost of the stamp.

also, my experience is that most people who manage their money well and everyone I know that has harvested a bobcat with a bow uses online bill pay.
    heh.

vCash

Hey Pat... you egg Norm on and I'll egg Dean on. I want to see an all out, balls out, good ol' fashioned admin fight today. I'll go first.

I'll tell you Dean... these kids today with their new-fangled ways and their online banking and their debit cards. Spoiled and weak! That's what they are!

vCash

Norm, have you ever considered having all your bills emailed to you and THEN pay them online? That way, you can pretty much tell the USPS to suck it entirely. I don't mean to suck IT entirely, but rather to entirely suck it. Or whatever.

vCash

Dean, did you know that the increasing number of people who are handling their accounts electronically is part of what's causing the postal service to raise its rates! What impact might even further cost-reduction measures have on you???

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

I mostly use online banking to check automatic withdraws and my balance.

Then again I also use a Credit Union, and unlike a bank, I tend to trust them.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 TheUnnamedSooner's Avatar
    vCash

BOK has a demo for their online, so you can try it out to see if you like it...

http://www.bok.com/OnlineBankingDemo/login.asp