Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Your government has thwarted another jihaadist plot in the US

yay us!

Terror Plot "One Of The Most Chilling Imaginable"

NEW YORK -- As first reported by NewsChannel4's (WNBC) Jonathan Dienst, three people were arrested and one other was being sought Saturday in connection to a plot to blow up jet-fuel lines at John F. Kennedy International Airport, officials said.

Four people have been charged. Three suspects are in custody: Russell Defreitas, Kareem Ibrihim and Abdul Kadir. Another suspect, Abdul Nur is still at large.

Defreitas is to be arrainged Saturday in Brooklyn on terror conspiracy charges. Sources said Defreitas, a former cargo worker at JFK allegedly began to plot attacking the US last July or August. Defeitas sought help in carrying out a plan and went to an FBI informant, who gathered information about the plot.

U.S. Attorney Roslynn R. Mauskopf called it "one of the most chilling plots imaginable."

"The devastation that would be caused had this plot succeeded is just unthinkable," she said at a news conference.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Your government has thwarted another jihaadist plot in the US

All the more reason to NUKE 'EM 'TILL THEY GLOW.
    posse member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Flagstaffsooner
    All the more reason to NUKE 'EM 'TILL THEY GLOW.
    No. I have a theory. If the wimmens in Arab-ia could become empowered like western wimmens, this crap would cease. See, only the whackjob mamas would want son Habib to blow hisself up, or go fight the satanic forces of America. The vast majority of Arab mamas would tell junior to knock it off and go get a job and start a family.
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    No. I have a theory. If the wimmens in Arab-ia could become empowered like western wimmens, this crap would cease. See, only the whackjob mamas would want son Habib to blow hisself up, or go fight the satanic forces of America. The vast majority of Arab mamas would tell junior to knock it off and go get a job and start a family.
    Wonder if there are rag head Cindy Sheehans?
    posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Tailwind's Avatar
    vCash

There are nut jobs everywhere.
    " A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have"
    Thomas Jefferson

Olevet Posse Member

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    Christopher Buckley wrote a novel on that subject called Florence of Arabia. It's a nice read.

However, Jr. starting a family would only increase the intense demographic pressure on middle eastern societies. I think Jr. should get a job and maybe a wait awhile to start a family.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member VeeJay's Avatar
    vCash

Lest us not forget that president wannabe John Edwards calls the war on terror a "bumper sticker."

How can anyone take that a$$hole serious?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 def_lazer_fc's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by VeeJay
    Lest us not forget that president wannabe John Edwards calls the war on terror a "bumper sticker."

How can anyone take that a$$hole serious?
    maybe he's just referring to the administration's constant use of slogans. i.e. fight em there so we don't fight em here.....if you don't support the war, you don't support the troops, they hate us for our freedom, yada yada.
    i make my guitar weep, but my champagne cry

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by def_lazer_fc
    maybe he's just referring to the administration's constant use of slogans. i.e. fight em there so we don't fight em here.....if you don't support the war, you don't support the troops, they hate us for our freedom, yada yada.
    well, it must be paying off. I believe all the smart ones must be building bombs in Iraq. The dumarses are here trying to pull off these stunts...like this one, and last month's "Operation Pizza Delivery Mayhem" at Ft. Dix.

vCash

posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Note the former positions and locations of some of them. Also, note that there is a major factor always at play. If I'm trying to cause nervousness in my meglomaniacal way, while making a power play at world domination, I would ALWAYS look toward finding angry and disenfranchised young males simply because their minds are the easiest to mold to my causes.

Taking those factors into account, it doesn't really take a whole lot of planning in terms of giving people small parts to play in the grand scheme so that if any of them get captured they can't tell very much to those whom captured them.

Apparently I would make a much better terrorism mastermind than the actual ones out there.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Widescreen's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Scott D
    Note the former positions and locations of some of them. Also, note that there is a major factor always at play. If I'm trying to cause nervousness in my meglomaniacal way, while making a power play at world domination, I would ALWAYS look toward finding angry and disenfranchised young males simply because their minds are the easiest to mold to my causes.

Taking those factors into account, it doesn't really take a whole lot of planning in terms of giving people small parts to play in the grand scheme so that if any of them get captured they can't tell very much to those whom captured them.

Apparently I would make a much better terrorism mastermind than the actual ones out there.
    You can count on my vote.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Okieflyer's Avatar
    vCash

Guys, if we're just nice to them and lay down arms and convert to islam they won't kill us. What's hard about that?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Jerk's Avatar
    vCash

Whew. Them presbitaryans had themselves one awful scheme. Glad we got those basterds this time?
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Fred Bastiat

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jerk
    Whew. Them presbitaryans had themselves one awful scheme. Glad we got those basterds this time?
    Them guys was methodists or mormons. Some folks are placin' the blame on moslems agian, and that just can't be fair and balanced.
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Why do I need to know an airport didn't blow up? A new 21st century invention. ANTI-NEWS.

I can't wait till my local news starts telling me who wasn't murdered and what schools will be open on a sunny day.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Why do I need to know an airport didn't blow up? A new 21st century invention. ANTI-NEWS.

I can't wait till my local news starts telling me who wasn't murdered and what schools will be open on a sunny day.
    Are you being serious? The fact that someone tried to blow it up and failed is indeed news. Now if the report said that nobody thought of blowing up JFK today, then that would be anti-news.

If your not, just chalk it up to one of the hundreds of jokes that sail smoothly over my head.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I feel that it's a morale issue, and not in the sense that you are thinking. The agencies that do these things suffer from the fact that most of their success is secret and their failures public, so it must make the boys and girls in the NSA, CIA, FBI, etc. feel pretty dang good about their mostly thankless job to have some good press.

I also like the fact that the people that did this haven't been whisked away to God knows where and face justice in the sunlight.
    Boomer Sooner

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SCOUT
    Are you being serious? The fact that someone tried to blow it up and failed is indeed news. Now if the report said that nobody thought of blowing up JFK today, then that would be anti-news.

If your not, just chalk it up to one of the hundreds of jokes that sail smoothly over my head.
    I understand. The only part I hate about news like this is that WHO TF KNOWS if someone was plotting to blow it up. I'm not in to conspiracies, but how hard would it be to arrest 3 dudes and make this **** up?

It creates more mistrust.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member SCOUT's Avatar
    vCash

I understand. The only part I hate about news like this is that WHO TF KNOWS if someone was plotting to blow it up. I'm not in to conspiracies, but how hard would it be to arrest 3 dudes and make this **** up?

It creates more mistrust.
    I would guess pretty difficult. Since it is now in a public forum, it is subject to a much greater level of scrutiny. I don't see how it would be worth the risk/cost.