Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Key to OU's future down the drain!

http://newsok.com/article/3053051

Thanks for dropping by Devin Shepherd
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Re: Key to OU's future down the drain!

not good news

vCash

Crack of the Bat

OF Devin Shepherd - 6'2" 225, R/R, Oxnard HS, Oxnard CA

College commitment - Oklahoma

First let me say that Devin Shepherd is one of the most pleasant, polite, and mature young players I have met. Everyone has different opinions of young players, but in my experience, Devin Shepherd is a quality kid. Ok, that being said, I recognize his raw power. I recognize that he has a legitimate RF arm. I recognize that he runs pretty well for a big young man (4.52 down the line is what I had in Jupiter). I recognize that he was named MVP of the AFLAC All-American game and he won the home run derby at another elite player event last summer.

He showed some good things at Area Codes, but after all that, I still feel like he would benefit from going to college and getting refined as a hitter. More than anything, I have questions about his trigger at the plate because I have seen him want to react to certain hittable pitches but not be able to get his swing started on time. That is a technical adjustment he can and I assume he will make. I do not question his bat speed or his power. I don't think he is a swing and miss hitter. Shepherd is strong and not real flexible, but if he is on time to the ball he is going to be a middle of the order run producer. I still think he will be a pretty high round pick this June and from my experience with him, he is a coachable and mature kid that can handle pro ball out of high school and handle the adjustments he will be asked to make.

I guess all that went out the window over the last 2 years!

I think he thought he was above coaching. This is going to screw up his draft status.
    Like my old grand daddy used to say, "The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect."

2006 Oklahoma Sooners
    2007 Oklahoma Sooners
    2008 Oklahoma Sooners

vCash

hopefully it is one of those deals where he will stay in school on scholly and Sunny will let him try and earn his way back this summer? Doubt it though!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SOONER STEAKER's Avatar
    vCash

It's all about ego. Devon had an ego and it infringed on Sonny's ego so he had to get rid of Devon. Seems like the same thing happened with Kody Kaiser.

Maybe not making the Big 12 will deflate Sonny's ego, maybe, TT will sweep the Sooners and Joe C. will FIRE SONNY!! Now, that would satisfy my ego.
    Here I sit just a flexin, giving birth to another UT grad.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

It's sad that he turned down a $500,000 signing bonus to come play for us and then this happens.
    one day

vCash

I think it is very sad for Devon. I can just hear SG telling the family, come to OU and increase that $500K into millions like david Precey did. This is Just another example how Sonny doesn't know how to treat people when they buck his system. He can charm the pants off of ya, he's a SNAKE> which just happens to be his nickname among college coaches, "Sonny the SNAKE~ Beware of his bite, it can sting, just ask Devon.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GoonerSooner
    I think it is very sad for Devon. I can just hear SG telling the family, come to OU and increase that $500K into millions like david Precey did. This is Just another example how Sonny doesn't know how to treat people when they buck his system. He can charm the pants off of ya, he's a SNAKE> which just happens to be his nickname among college coaches, "Sonny the SNAKE~ Beware of his bite, it can sting, just ask Devon.

you my friend are a jackazz and you dont know anything about the Kaiser or Shepherd situation so keep your mouth shut!

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

I do know about the Kaiser deal, I know how Sonny took away his $$$ after his freshamn year becuase his dad could afford to send him to OU. I also know how Soony signed all the senior to be returners to full ride scholrships and that is why Gene Stephenson decided not to come to OU. I also know how Sonny refused to fill out paperwrk on a player who wanted a mediacal redshirt but refused the player after only playing 4 innings of ball. I also know many Big 12 coaches who have told me all kinds of stories about SG, so don't tell me I don't know what goes on in Gollo's world.

I could also tell you tons of stories from his days at ORU. He came to OU as an assistant because ORU was gonna can his kister. I've seen first hand how he berates players, how he treated asst. coaches at ORU, how he treats pro scouts and how they hate working with him. I've seen how he puts out negative reports on players so they won't go high in the draft so they will return for their senior seasons.

You my friend, need to meet the REAL SG, not the one in the papers or on the TV, but the one who manipuates people.

The son will shince again on OU but I doubt it will hapen anytime soon with SG at the helm.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ardmore_Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

1TC, is that you?
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted...

vCash

I am not one 1TC. But I just gave birth to another texas and I didn't forget to wipe my SG.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

*********!
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

vCash

I do know about the Kaiser deal, I know how Sonny took away his $$$ after his freshamn year becuase his dad could afford to send him to OU. I also know how Soony signed all the senior to be returners to full ride scholrships and that is why Gene Stephenson decided not to come to OU. I also know how Sonny refused to fill out paperwrk on a player who wanted a mediacal redshirt but refused the player after only playing 4 innings of ball. I also know many Big 12 coaches who have told me all kinds of stories about SG, so don't tell me I don't know what goes on in Gollo's world.

I could also tell you tons of stories from his days at ORU. He came to OU as an assistant because ORU was gonna can his kister. I've seen first hand how he berates players, how he treated asst. coaches at ORU, how he treats pro scouts and how they hate working with him. I've seen how he puts out negative reports on players so they won't go high in the draft so they will return for their senior seasons.

You my friend, need to meet the REAL SG, not the one in the papers or on the TV, but the one who manipuates people.

The son will shince again on OU but I doubt it will hapen anytime soon with SG at the helm.

You dont know sh*t about kaiser or shepherd. You know what people who think they know what they are talking about tell you! Everything you have said is false and manufactured BS, unfounded and idiotic!

~ Ivan Maisel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ardmore_Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

I just gave birth to another texan and I didn't forget to wipe my GS
    Last edited by Ardmore_Sooner; 5/15/2007 at 10:01 AM.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted...

vCash

Collier11, I sat in the Edmond Sana Fe HS parking lot, listening to Kody dad's about the OU situation & Kody. The only story I don't have is what happened to Devon, so why don't you tell us, either here in this forum or yopu can privately email me. But I stand behind the info I listed above about SG.

About the scholarship deal with the to be seniors, I got that from a father who's son is Sonny right hand man on staff at OU.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

Gooner, you're arguing a lost cause.

There's a locked thread that might come up if you search for it where I spelled out everything on the Kaiser deal and the scholarship fiasco. The truth was met with the same resistance by the same people. I did get a few PMs from people that played and have friends that played that couldn't say anything publicly that thanked me for telling the real story.

Just do like I do and be happy that you know what's going on and be quiet about it on here.
    one day

vCash

Collier11, I sat in the Edmond Sana Fe HS parking lot, listening to Kody dad's about the OU situation & Kody. The only story I don't have is what happened to Devon, so why don't you tell us, either here in this forum or yopu can privately email me. But I stand behind the info I listed above about SG.

About the scholarship deal with the to be seniors, I got that from a father who's son is Sonny right hand man on staff at OU.

I have heard very different stories from people who also claim to be "in the know" such as your self and a former OU baseball player who was here for Sonny's first year.

What you are saying to me is nothing more than spreading unfounded rumors...if in a year or two sonny gets fired and all of this comes out then you can come to me and I will apologize to you, but until then I am not going to believe something that you cannot prove to me. We can agree to disagree for now because I dont believe it!

~ Ivan Maisel

Yacht Rocker

vCash

You people can tell stories without personal attacks. Stop it.

vCash

OK, back to the business at hand.

I just hope the Sooners can take care of TT this weekend as it looks like TT has already checked the season in with the way they have competed the past two weekends against Mizzou and the boys from Stoolwater.

vCash

So does Ou need to sweep tech then win atleast two in the tourney to get into the ncaa field, or do they need to do more?

~ Ivan Maisel