SoonerFans.com Elite Member Penguin's Avatar
    vCash

Thumbs down Stores closing early on Sundays

Here I am. My earphones just crapped out and I want to go buy some more. Guess what? All the malls are closed. The Best Buy down the street is closed. And I ask why?

This is clearly an insult for all shift workers. Today's Sunday! So freaking what? To me, it's a Thursday. I want to buy some earphones and I have no options left for me. I guess Walgreens might sell some piece of crap earphones, but I want quality. And to top it all off, my cell phone just crapped out and I want to buy a new one! What should I do? Wait until it's more convenient for the rest of the world?

Don't even get me started on Chick-Fil-A being closed on Sundays. I know why. We all know why!!!! But, I can't believe that a normal human would want to completely destroy 1/7th of his potential sales because of some antiquated Puritan notion.

People! The world does not need to shut down on Sundays. Sunday mornings? Okay, I understand. But not for Sunday evenings.

I guess we shouldn't be shopping Sunday evenings. I guess we should all be home praying and meditating and preparing ourselves for the next work week. It's the freaking middle of my work week, but who cares about me and what I want.

End rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by proud gonzo
    you're weird

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Okla-homey's Avatar
    Admit nothing, deny everything, demand proof...
    vCash

Re: Stores closing early on Sundays

What's next? Going after the 40 hour workweek? How about those insane child labor laws?
    "Discourage litigation. Persuade your neighbors to compromise whenever they can. Point out to them how the nominal winner is often a real loser; in fees, expenses and waste of time." -- Abraham Lincoln, (1809-1865) Lawyer and President who saved the United States.

"Without opportunities on the part of the poor to obtain expert legal advice, it is idle to talk of equality before the law"-- Justice Chas. Evans Hughes

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Penguin
    Here I am. My earphones just crapped out and I want to go buy some more. Guess what? All the malls are closed. The Best Buy down the street is closed. And I ask why?

This is clearly an insult for all shift workers. Today's Sunday! So freaking what? To me, it's a Thursday. I want to buy some earphones and I have no options left for me. I guess Walgreens might sell some piece of crap earphones, but I want quality. And to top it all off, my cell phone just crapped out and I want to buy a new one! What should I do? Wait until it's more convenient for the rest of the world?

Don't even get me started on Chick-Fil-A being closed on Sundays. I know why. We all know why!!!! But, I can't believe that a normal human would want to completely destroy 1/7th of his potential sales because of some antiquated Puritan notion.

People! The world does not need to shut down on Sundays. Sunday mornings? Okay, I understand. But not for Sunday evenings.

I guess we shouldn't be shopping Sunday evenings. I guess we should all be home praying and meditating and preparing ourselves for the next work week. It's the freaking middle of my work week, but who cares about me and what I want.

End rant.
    The innerweb is always open. YWIA.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

vCash

i'm sure Wal-Mart and Target are open...

and shouldn't you be in church or something?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sanantoniosooner
    So, howdja cook it?

LF

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

End rant.
    You think THAT'S bad? I was jonesin' for a tackle fix and BassProShops closes early on Sundays too. A bassfishing fanatic can easily rum amok when he can't spend money!
    Did I NEED anything? No. My closets are abulge with stuff I'll never use up and my rod storage has been dubbed "The Graphite Forest". I own so many reels that I have more gears and ball bearings than NASCAR. Still, when one of our fraternity has a need to wander the aisles and fondle bassin' stuff and can't do so, he's a sad and dangerous man.
    I share your pain and frustration, my brother.

LF

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Don't look at me, man. I just got home from work myself.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Slacker. I'm still AT work, and it's a lot later here than it is there.
    Well, crap.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Well, yeah, but being an OKC cheerleader is a 24/7 kind of job.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

End rant.

Sounds like you bought crap to start with.
    Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Voted #1 Hotel in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #2 Overall Restaurant in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #1 Catering in Norman, OK - 2009

1 Corinthians 1:18---For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich
    Well, yeah, but being an OKC cheerleader is a 24/7 kind of job.
    You got that right.
    Well, crap.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

but who cares about me and what I want.

I completely agree. So sorry.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Hatfield's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Okla-homey
    What's next? Going after the 40 hour workweek? How about those insane child labor laws?
    even insane children deserve jobs
    In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner24
    Sounds like you bought crap to start with.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't own the infinite gooder spectacular headphones like you obviously have. Maybe I should just pray for some new ones?

And my cell phone crapped out because I spilled my homemade rum & crystal meth drink on it. So, there.
    you're weird

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Maybe I should just pray for some new ones?
    Maybe.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Don't worry about it Penguin.

You can't take them to Hades anyway.

vCash

Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't own the infinite gooder spectacular headphones like you obviously have. Maybe I should just pray for some new ones?

And my cell phone crapped out because I spilled my homemade rum & crystal meth drink on it. So, there.

Well it is still Sunday.

1 Corinthians 1:18---For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

vCash

Whew. My cell phone is ok. Somehow I turned on the keypad lock and I had to search the innerweb to figure how to unlock it.

Still don't fix my headphones. But, I guess I can take care of that in about 4 hours.
    you're weird

vCash

Whew. My cell phone is ok. Somehow I turned on the keypad lock and I had to search the innerweb to figure how to unlock it.

Still don't fix my headphones. But, I guess I can take care of that in about 4 hours.

At least your prays were answered about your phone.