Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ardmore_Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Road to Omaha: Rivals 64

Rivals.com has us as a 2 seed playing in the Lafayette Regional.

http://collegebaseball.rivals.com/co...asp?CID=664369
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Road to Omaha: Rivals 64

actually a 2 seed playing in the fayetteville region. Im surprised that we are a 2 and poke state is a 3, must be from our strong non-conf schedule
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OSUAggie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11
    actually a 2 seed playing in the fayetteville region. Im surprised that we are a 2 and poke state is a 3, must be from our strong non-conf schedule
    Yah, the RPI difference is ridiculous. OSU is in the 60's, OU in the teens or 20's. OSU plays the most difficult schedule in the country from here out, though, so we'll see what happens with that. Golloway has done a helluva job this year, as usual.

vCash

I meant Fayetteville. It was late.

Anybody here ready for ******? I sure am. With OSU's hitting and OU's pitching coming on, it should be fun!

vCash

OU just needs to get it's hitting working.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Is Fayettville worth the trip? I've always prided myself on never crossing into Arkansas and not sure if I want to break this streak.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SuperNinjaPirate
    Is Fayettville worth the trip? I've always prided myself on never crossing into Arkansas and not sure if I want to break this streak.
    That's the best campus stadium to watch a college baseball game... Baum is really nice.. I think they've opened up the area beyond the outfield wall for alcohol/meat consumption now, as well. Definitely worth the trip, even if OU isn't playing.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OSUAggie
    That's the best campus stadium to watch a college baseball game... Baum is really nice.. I think they've opened up the area beyond the outfield wall for alcohol/meat consumption now, as well. Definitely worth the trip, even if OU isn't playing.
    I used to go to a fair amount of Hog games when I lived in Arkansas. That stadiium is amazing. I have never felt the comfort at a sporting event like the kind you get at Baum.
    Like my old grand daddy used to say, "The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect."

2006 Oklahoma Sooners
    2007 Oklahoma Sooners
    2008 Oklahoma Sooners

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SOONER STEAKER's Avatar
    vCash

I am the bggest OU football fan but when it comes to baseball I just don't tink Gallo is the man that can get us to Omaha. I hope I'm wrong, but our remaining schedule in the Big 12 does not look favorable. We will be lucky to get a #4 seed. If there was an NIT tourney in baseball that would be our destination.

vCash

I hope you are joking, if not you are an idiot!!! Gallo is not our teams coach, its golloway, our remaining schedule is not bad at all, we have a top 20 rpi, several wins against top 25 teams, and an offense that is just now starting to put some runs up a little more consistently. Our pitching is struggling and this team has overachieved this year, but we will make the tourney!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SOONER STEAKER's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think I am wrong here. OU will have to win the remaining sereis to get a favorable seed and we just don't have the stallions on the hill to beat those losers from the North or Mizzou. I will go a step further and say that OU will have to make the finals of the Big 12 tourney to get a 2-3 seed, otherwise, it's a #4 seed or uni's will be turned in after the Big 12 tourney.

vCash

1TC, is that you?

After it is all said in done, OSU should have a higher seed than OU. Taking the series from A&M at their place should help out just a little.

vCash

getting #2 in the big 12 is what is going to help you, we probably(?) still have a higher rpi and we took a series from a&m also

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

getting #2 in the big 12 is what is going to help you, we probably(?) still have a higher rpi and we took a series from a&m also
    Yeah, your RPI is #19 while our series win against the #5 RPI team (on the road) moved us up to 59

Texas coming to Stillwater this weekend. Should be fun.

The KU series is one you guys need to sweep to get back on track. Go sit on the hill and get ****ed up and sweep the 'Hawks to set up a great series next weekend.

RPI does help quite a bit but when it comes to Big 12 play, each team plays the same opponents. Being 8th in the current Big 12 standings doesnt help OU much and I am finding hard to believe that OU will win the Bed lam series. I could be wrong but I just dont see it happening as of right now. I just hope we can take the series from Texas. Having it at home sure helps.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OSUAggie
    Yeah, your RPI is #19 while our series win against the #5 RPI team (on the road) moved us up to 59

Texas coming to Stillwater this weekend. Should be fun.

The KU series is one you guys need to sweep to get back on track. Go sit on the hill and get ****ed up and sweep the 'Hawks to set up a great series next weekend.

I dont need no stinking hill to get f'd up ... I would love to go watch some OU baseball but ill be watching Pujols put a foot in lou pinella's arse this weekend

~ Ivan Maisel

I dont need no stinking hill to get f'd up ... I would love to go watch some OU baseball but ill be watching Pujols put a foot in lou pinella's arse this weekend
    That's cool, as long as you make sure you come to see pistol pete break out the broom again!

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OSUFAN11
    That's cool, as long as you make sure you come to see pistol pete break out the broom again!
    Where was ol' petey at the tourny???