Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Virginia Tech Shooting

Sorry, was trying to clean out the jokes from the thread and accidentally deleted the whole thing.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vte...ing/index.html

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Update: 21/22 dead On West virg campus

OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member colleyvillesooner's Avatar
    Out back...in the hot tub, you know, hanging out
    vCash

Re: Virginia Tech Shooting

From msnbc.com
    BLACKSBURG, Va. - At least 22 people were killed Monday in a shooting rampage on the Virginia Tech campus, police said. They said the gunman was among the dead.

In addition to those killed, officials said at least 28 people were wounded.

Virginia Tech Police Chief Wendell Flinchum said the gunman was dead, but that he didn't know how he died.
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18134671/?GT1=9246
    Sometimes I think I drink alot, then I see, like, the Motley Crüe behind the music, and realize I'm a huge *****.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Petro-Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

very very sad deal.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 85Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Sorry beano didn't see you there. Yeah this has really gotten bad. God Bless the families
    OBAMA= One Big A** Mistake America!

vCash

Hell, I don't even feel like working anymore today....so sad...

this is VT's just-released statement to the students & faculty:

Announcement on Virgina Tech's Web Site

Last Edited: Monday, 16 Apr 2007, 12:55 PM EDT
    Created: Monday, 16 Apr 2007, 12:55 PM EDT

Virginia Tech University logo, graphic element on white (by AP) Shooting incident on campus
    By Larry Hincker / Va
    BLACKSBURG, Va., April 16, 2007 -- Counseling is available in the Bowman Room in the Merriman Center (part of the athletic complex) for employees who seek assistance following today's events.
    -----------------
    Faculty and staff on the Burruss side of the Drillfield are being released and asked to go home effective immediately. Faculty and staff on the War Memorial side are asked to leave at 12:30 p.m.
    -----------------
    Virginia Tech has closed today Monday, April 16, 2007. On Tuesday, April 17, classes will be canceled. The university will remain open for administrative operations.
    There will be an additional university statement presented today at noon.
    All students, faculty, and staff are required to stay where they are until police execute a planned evacuation. A phased closing will be in effect today; further information will be forthcoming as soon as police secure the campus.
    Tomorrow, there will be a university convocation/ceremony at noon at Cassell Coliseum. The Inn at Virginia Tech has been designated as the site for parents to gather and obtain information.
    -----------------
    In addition to an earlier shooting today in West Ambler Johnston, there has been a multiple shooting with multiple victims in Norris Hall.
    Police and EMS are on the scene.
    Police have one shooter in custody and as part of routine police procedure, they continue to search for a second shooter.
    All people in university buildings are required to stay inside until further notice.
    All entrances to campus are closed.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

Whoa

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU4LIFE's Avatar
    vCash

dang
    I taste terrific.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Just horrible...awful...so, so sad.

"And the truth is that no circumstance can ever defeat us unless we let it... Resilience in the face of failure is a manifestation of the mind..." -Wayne Coyne

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 ChickSoonerFan's Avatar
    vCash

tragic.

vCash

Can you imagine how frightening that would be? I've actually thought about what I'd do if somebody walked in our offices and started shooting.

Hate to say it, but I'd probably close my office door and hide under my desk. I'm about the second person they would see as they started through the office.

Let's all keep these kids in our thoughts and prayers.

vCash

It's a dangerous world.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Read the classroom was in the/an engineering building.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Hillbilly Queen

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 12
    Can you imagine how frightening that would be? I've actually thought about what I'd do if somebody walked in our offices and started shooting.

Hate to say it, but I'd probably close my office door and hide under my desk. I'm about the second person they would see as they started through the office.

We've talked about this in here in my office. We're the first office by the side entrance. But mine's the last one in the row - so I'd be last. And I'd have time to get to my hidin' place. And, yes - I have a hiding place. That's how much I've thought about this.

When you get bomb threats from people because the company's owned by the Japanese you tend to think about stuff like this. Which makes me very sad.
    "And the truth is that no circumstance can ever defeat us unless we let it... Resilience in the face of failure is a manifestation of the mind..." -Wayne Coyne

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by 12

Well, I've actually thought about basically the same thing. The possibility of someone shooting up my school. In fact, I've thought for awhile it was possible at Baylor by muslim extremists who want to make a statement by shooting up a Christian school in Bush's backyard.

I'm not saying that's the case here, but like you I've considered the possibility of someone shooting up my school.

Sooner Benchwarmer springs sooner's Avatar
    vCash

why do people who obviously have a death wish choose to kill inocent people? i mean if you want to commit suicide then do it but dont take other people with you who still want to live. Very sad and uncalled for.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet
    Read the classroom was in the/an engineering building.
    They're still looking for a second....first shooting was in a dorm, then across campus in the Eng. building...that's why it's taking so long to secure the campus & let everyone get out...

21 dead, 21 wounded...tragic
    At least the shooter they nailed, will now face a much worse fate than prison ever could've...

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by springs sooner
    why do people who obviously have a death wish choose to kill inocent people? i mean if you want to commit suicide then do it but dont take other people with you who still want to live. Very sad and uncalled for.
    It's impossible to get any justice out of an act like that. When they kill themselves you can't find the closure that a trial and execution would bring.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OhU1's Avatar
    vCash

The last time something of this magnitude occurred at a college campus was the Charles Whitman rampage in 1966 at the University of Texas. Horrible.
    "Democracy without respect for individual rights sucks. It's just ganging up against the weird kid, and I'm always the weird kid.."
    Penn Jillette

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Wow, MSNBC has audio from one of the victims. Said the shooter had on a black leather coat. He just decided to go on a shooting spree, and that he wanted to come back, but the classmates had barricaded the door so the shooter could not get back in and kill more people. The shooter apparently tried to shoot through the door. The victim said he got shot in the arm.

I don't know what I'd do if something like that were to happen at OU.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders