Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

Re: What did Imus say?

Using the word, "Jigaboo" is racist and flat out ignorant.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso
    I was joking ruffled feather guy.

I know some nappy headed white hoe's too. we all need shampoo ya know.
    "Ruffled feather?" Is this about native american heritage?

I don't need shampoo all that badly. Only about a half inch of hair up there.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    Using the word, "Jigaboo" is racist and flat out ignorant.
    did he say that? he needs a kick in the nuts if so.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich
    "Ruffled feather?" Is this about native american heritage?

I don't need shampoo all that badly. Only about a half inch of hair up there.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by picasso
    did he say that? he needs a kick in the nuts if so.
    The other loser said it. I agree w/ Scott...Fire them for being irrelevant ******s.

vCash

Okay so they suspended him for 2 weeks.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

So much for the old slogan "Sticks and stones might break my bones, but words will never hurt me"?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

Dean used to be nappy headed until he went for the Kojak look.
    Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Voted #1 Hotel in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #2 Overall Restaurant in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #1 Catering in Norman, OK - 2009

1 Corinthians 1:18---For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

Okay, I am an old fogey and don't keep up with racial slang and stuff, but is "nappy-head" like what we used to call "rack hair" or "sleep helmet". So, is the racist thing calling them "hos" or is Nappy-hair a racial term? TIA
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

It seems that using any "n" word when referring to our dark skinned brothers and sisters is taboo... unless of course you happen to have dark skin. Then you can drop N-bombs and be as crude and depricating as you like.

Would calling Dean a fat bastard be sexist or racist?
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefun
    it is not natural to be optimistic and a cowboy fan unless it is the off season.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet
    Okay, I am an old fogey and don't keep up with racial slang and stuff, but is "nappy-head" like what we used to call "rack hair" or "sleep helmet". So, is the racist thing calling them "hos" or is Nappy-hair a racial term? TIA
    No, that's not what nappy-headed means, and it has specific meaning to those of African descent.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich
    No, that's not what nappy-headed means, and it has specific meaning to those of African descent.

And that would be?
    Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Voted #1 Hotel in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #2 Overall Restaurant in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #1 Catering in Norman, OK - 2009

1 Corinthians 1:18---For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member BajaOklahoma's Avatar
    vCash

So was it right or wrong for one of our teacher to read her class the Nappy Hair book?
    The fans on here are known for their objectivity, fair play, open minded welcoming of others, debating in an upfront, firm, but respectful manner.....TexasLidig8r 11/21/04

vCash

http://www.urbandictionary.com/

1. nappy

one of African desent who has tightly coiled unkept hair; one with locks of hair that is tightly curled that is unwashed and uncombed

Sholanda has such nappy hair you can see her buckshots even after she gets a perm.
    Props to Imus for giving a lengthy impromptu apology rather than reading some statement prepared by his lawyer. His apology was lame in parts though when he kept using examples of his goodness and saying that those examples don't excuse anything. For the most part he seemed genuine, contrite, and manned-up by offering to apoligize to the Rutgers girls in-person.

He was wrong, he admitted it honestly and publicly, and I'm ready to move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill
    You go Boy trying to follow your logic here Is like chasin a chicken .

vCash

BTW, Imus is looking more and more like Hal Holbrook every day.
    I think it has something to do with the hair.

vCash

G damn you can take ANY racial type slur and turn it around
    Who cares , I can tell a joke about a certain race , then turn around and tell the same Joke about s
    For those who live in T town .
    Go to a bar in North T town , you will get the shat beat out of you rite ?
    But Let someone from N T town go to S T town and get the shat beat outta him and Its Racist .
    Who cares Ya need to watch youass.
    http://www.soonerfans.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=38933&dateline=130040  9398

If God wanted Men to look women in the eyes, He wouldnt have gave em Boobs !

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue
    BTW, Imus is looking more and more like Hal Holbrook every day.
    I think it has something to do with the hair.
    that's an insult to Hal Holbrook.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/

Props to Imus for giving a lengthy impromptu apology rather than reading some statement prepared by his lawyer. His apology was lame in parts though when he kept using examples of his goodness and saying that those examples don't excuse anything. For the most part he seemed genuine, contrite, and manned-up by offering to apoligize to the Rutgers girls in-person.

He was wrong, he admitted it honestly and publicly, and I'm ready to move on.
    First time I remember a liberal catching hell from the media for much of anything since they got on Martha Stewart. Still, can you imagine if a republican had said anything like what Imus said?
    Put a lid on it! Kiss it goodbye. We gave it away, and apparently thought it made sense to do so.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Dude, the guy who got nailed to the crucifix supposedly arose yesterday. You can give up the martyr pose any time.

vCash

Imus isn't exaclty a liberal is he? I thought he "hates everything worth hating" and such? I know he backed Harold Ford Jr here in TN and HFJ is fairly liberal. He thought Kerry would win, but he also likes him some elephants I think. He's mentioned the Intrepid Fallen Heroes program several times passionately so that earned him some spek in my book.

I hate what he said and if he worked for me his *** would be packing up his office today. Course I work for the gubmint so it'd be a no-brainer.

Maybe I'm not quite ready to move on after all.