Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Administrator
    vCash

Re: What did Imus say?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich
    That's because Joakim Noah is a nappy-headed ho.
    Heh. Froze just pulled a

Feels good, don't it?

Mmm... ...ribs.

vCash

Whether I did or didn't isn't the point, Dean. Do YOU say everything you think?...
    Let me answer this one for Dean. Yes. He says whatever is on his mind. Most of the time it's entertaining, often it's side-splittingly so. Other times, it cause the reader (or listener) to have a sharp intake of breath and to say (or think) "oh no he di-unt!" Either way, he somehow generally always gets away with it because, well, he's Dean.
    Well, crap.

Administrator
    vCash

And there you have it....

being a mod doesnt hurt either!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

please Jed. dean's a ****ing **** of **** and will **** a ****** twice to prove a ****.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    being a mod doesnt hurt either!
    Uh, just in case you haven't noticed, this is the SO. On the innerwebs and all? And my posting style has never changed - before or since I've been a mod.

And while I am the king of my castle, the lord over my lands, and the master of my minions, I'm hardly a "mod" up at the house.

vCash

That's because Joakim Noah is a nappy-headed ho.
    RACIST!

i could kinda see NOW or something getting uppity about this, but the racial angle is just stupid

probably the best thing that happened for Imus though, i'm pretty sure that's the first time i've typed his name

Jesse Jackson and Sharpton are just trying to get a piece of the ****storm publicity

yeah i noticed..i'm just saying you post "some" things that a normal mortal could not get away with

Administrator
    vCash

Well I never did claim to be normal.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by yermom
    RACIST!

i could kinda see NOW or something getting uppity about this, but the racial angle is just stupid

probably the best thing that happened for Imus though, i'm pretty sure that's the first time i've typed his name

Jesse Jackson and Sharpton are just trying to get a piece of the ****storm publicity
    I think the racial angle comes from the "nappy-headed" part. Kinda like if he had said something about them having big lips or something. But yeah, the sexist thing to me is much more obvious than the racist thing.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

I think the racial angle comes from the "nappy-headed" part. Kinda like if he had said something about them having big lips or something. But yeah, the sexist thing to me is much more obvious than the racist thing.
    He called them Jig-a-boos didn't he? Listen to the clip. That's the racist part.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue
    He called them Jig-a-boos didn't he? Listen to the clip. That's the racist part.
    yes, yes he did

i had forgotten about that part

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

In that case, I'd fire him. I mean, if I were his boss.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Blue's Avatar
    vCash

The other guy said it I think...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ui1jPNDWArM

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Mjcpr's Avatar
    vCash

The 'other guy' has been fired and rehired several times already for, I think, similar-type comments on the radio.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Chuck Bao's Avatar
    vCash

I can't believe you guys are serious.

There is PC and then there's common decency.

There is purposely hurtful and there's funny.

There are people who deserve all of the ridicule and more and there are some who don't.

We're talking about unpaid student athletes whose only incentive is their love of the sport and to represent their school to the best of their ability. As their coach pointed out, they've represented very well with pride and dignity.

If Imus described your sister or daughter as white trailer trash whores, are you going to just say: "okay, well Imus is Imus and he just speaks his mind."?

And, what if he hacked a looggie on your car?

Okay, go ahead and neg spek me.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Pricetag's Avatar
    vCash

I don't think it was him, but the guy on the phone. And he was quoting somebody else, Spike Lee, wasn't he?

At any rate, you can tell that they knew that they were treading on thin ice, but kept on going.
    La ola es mía.

In that case, I'd fire him. I mean, if I were his boss.
    i still wouldnt fire him.....he's a radio host ,nothing more nothing less

if his ratings drop off the scale because of it, then yes

its a radio show and listeners possess the CHOICE to either tune him in or tune him out....

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Bao
    I can't believe you guys are serious. If Imus described your sister or daughter as white trailer trash whores, are you going to just say: "okay, well Imus is Imus and he just speaks his mind."?

And, what if he hacked a looggie on your car?

Okay, go ahead and neg spek me.
    Well if my sister is a whore, then it would be OK. And one of them is, so it'd be just fine with me.

And if he hacked a loogey on my car I'd be needing some body work from where I wiped it up with his face. But then again, spitting at somebody transcends all race/creed/color/sex/religion. Which is a great point. Spitting at someone is offensive at it's core. Saying a bunch of corn-rowed tattooed chicks look like "nappy-headed hoes" is just speaking the truth.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Flagstaffsooner's Avatar
    vCash

BOOGER!
    posse member