Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member picasso's Avatar
    vCash

Re: What did Imus say?

I agree his comments weren't nice but it is his show isn't it? I think scrutiny comes with the territory.

and haven't rappers said worse things?

Bao is right about us flipping out if he said things like that about OU players. even if they did look that way.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member 1stTimeCaller's Avatar
    vCash

Chuck, if the lady Sooners looked like the Mabel Bassett All Star squad you would have a point. But if they looked like that they would look like a bunch of nappy-headed hos. So you really don't.
    one day

vCash

Imus will continue to be Imus....

He's just getting a little Headline action.

If they fire him....he could go on Sirius with Stern and say anything he wants...

Freedom of speech babay!

NBC will probably pi$$ him off with some sort of Executive comment...

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

It wasn't the nicest thing in the world but come on people . . . I've heard worse shouted in a crowd at the mall or during rush hour.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

So let me get this straight-he shouldn't have to apologize for calling participants in the NCAA finals "nappy-headed hoes" because he was just being non-PC.

I didn't find the comments so much racist as I did sexist. And rude. I'm flat-out sick of the excuses people will make for out-and-out rudeness in our society just because people think politeness is "PC."

Chuck, if you're interested, I found out why Thailand blocked YouTube. I guess there's a video on there showing feet near the King's face, and YouTube told the Thais to pound sand when asked to remove it.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Rich
    So let me get this straight-he shouldn't have to apologize for calling participants in the NCAA finals "nappy-headed hoes" because he was just being non-PC.

I didn't find the comments so much racist as I did sexist. And rude. I'm flat-out sick of the excuses people will make for out-and-out rudeness in our society just because people think politeness is "PC."

Chuck, if you're interested, I found out why Thailand blocked YouTube. I guess there's a video on there showing feet near the King's face, and YouTube told the Thais to pound sand when asked to remove it.
    Oh give me a break. Like you didn't think "nappy-headed hoes" when you saw them girls.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner_Bob's Avatar
    vCash

So the Thai King doesn't like feet or something?

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Whether I did or didn't isn't the point, Dean. Do YOU say everything you think? 'Cause if you do, I'm guessing you're a pretty crappy dinner guest.

We're trying to have a society here.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Administrator
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Bob
    Froze finds it offensive and degrading to hermaphroditic syphilloids.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner_Bob
    Feet are considered very dirty and gross in Thai society. It'd kind of be like a video on YouTube with someone rubbing their pecker on President Bush's face.

Administrator
    vCash

Whether I did or didn't isn't the point, Dean. Do YOU say everything you think? 'Cause if you do, I'm guessing you're a pretty crappy dinner guest.

We're trying to have a society here.
    Most of the time, yes I do. And I'm a wonderful dinner guest. People would rather hear truth than lies, no?

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Most of the time, yes I do. And I'm a wonderful dinner guest. People would rather hear truth than lies, no?
    Wow. I guess the concept of politeness never seeped down into the Dean household. See, there's always the option of just not saying anything.

You're telling me that when you go to a friend's house for dinner and the food isn't to your liking, you think it's acceptable to tell your friend's wife "Mabel, damn, this casserole tastes like warm ***?" Or you think that it's "PC" to just not say anything and eat it with a smile?

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Froze finds it offensive and degrading to hermaphroditic syphilloids.
    Well, Dean, if I don't stand up for your rights, who else will?

for the record, he DID apologize (Imus, not Dean).......and i think he should have

but thats as far as it should have gone.....to call for him to be fired after he apologized is stupid imo

Administrator
    vCash

Wow. I guess the concept of politeness never seeped down into the Dean household. See, there's always the option of just not saying anything.

You're telling me that when you go to a friend's house for dinner and the food isn't to your liking, you think it's acceptable to tell your friend's wife "Mabel, damn, this casserole tastes like warm ***?" Or you think that it's "PC" to just not say anything and eat it with a smile?
    sigh

First of all, if it ain't guts or really fishy fish chances are I'm gonna enjoy it. I'm pretty sure warm *** is much better than cold ***.

Second of all, we're not talking about mundane things here like salty soup or something.

If we're discussing something over dinner like religion, politics, or the price of gas, you can bet your frozen *** I'm gonna share my opinion. And back it up with plenty of reasonable documentation for said opinion. To not do this would make me a mealy-mouthed little waffle-bug who nobody wants to have over for dinner.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jk the sooner fan
    for the record, he DID apologize (Imus, not Dean).......and i think he should have

but thats as far as it should have gone.....to call for him to be fired after he apologized is stupid imo
    Agreed.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 frankensooner's Avatar
    vCash

Really, all I want from my dinner guests is for them to tell me how wonderful I am. Is that too much to ask?

You know, if Wendy Williams said the same thing about the Florida's mens basketball team, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

All his "PC" stuff can suck it......

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

sigh

First of all, if it ain't guts or really fishy fish chances are I'm gonna enjoy it. I'm pretty sure warm *** is much better than cold ***.

Second of all, we're not talking about mundane things here like salty soup or something.

If we're discussing something over dinner like religion, politics, or the price of gas, you can bet your frozen *** I'm gonna share my opinion. And back it up with plenty of reasonable documentation for said opinion. To not do this would make me a mealy-mouthed little waffle-bug who nobody wants to have over for dinner.
    Um, OK. But that's not what this is about. This is about someone saying something extremely insulting about other people in a public forum. Giving your opinion on politics or religion or the price of gas isn't necessarily insulting. What Imus said was absolutely insulting and had no other purpose. You can't tell me that you don't see the difference.

Soon to be Memphibian

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by KC//CRIMSON
    You know, if Wendy Williams said the same thing about the Florida's mens basketball team, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

All his "PC" stuff can suck it......
    That's because Joakim Noah is a nappy-headed ho.