Errol Morris' First Person Series on DVD

Synopsis: Iconoclastic documentary filmmaker Errol Morris brings his unique perspective to the small screen for a stylized series of intimate interviews with a fascinating array of people. With the aid of his "Interrotron" -- a camera device Morris invented to maintain continuous eye contact with his subjects -- the Oscar-winning director puts his odd assortment of characters and topics under scrutiny to produce the kind of TV you just never see.

Reviews: Overall I give this series 4 stars. Morris' interview subjects are, as always, articulate, interesting, and weird. However, the interview with pilot Dennis Fitch, "One in a Million Trillion", is simply one of the most engaging and terrifying pieces of work I have ever seen. It haunted me for days and is by far the best interview in the series.

This program features intimate portrayals of wacky and wonderful people, such as a woman who marries a serial killer, a biologist obsessed with finding a giant squid and an autistic woman who designs slaughterhouses. Each segment mainly features the subject speaking directly to the camera and talking about themselves and their unique obsession. It can seem slow at times but for the most part they are interesting enough people to make it worthwhile.

Once again, Morris proves his genius as a documentarian. Funny, irreverant, fascinating - these character studies will stay with you for days. A must-see for anyone interested in factual filmmaking.

Denny Fitch: Watch part one, and I'll guarantee you that you will want to watch the rest of it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OPu0chBQe...elated&search=
    Last edited by KC//CRIMSON; 3/25/2007 at 07:35 PM.

vCash

Re: Errol Morris' First Person Series on DVD

Thanks for the heads up. That's going in the Netflix queue right now.

Gates of Heaven is one of my favorite docs ever. The story of the two brothers in it is hilarious.
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    -Marshall McLuhan

Bump for the day crew. Watch the Denny Fitch video in the above link. It's jaw dropping.
    Last edited by KC//CRIMSON; 3/26/2007 at 02:13 PM.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

eh?
    SLASH