I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

OU needs 3 pointer presence in 2007-2008 MBB:

Garret Hartley anyone? I mean, he only missed once last year...

Just spreading a Sooner funny I heard at work today.

But in all seriousness, I see OUr team going a helluva lot further this past season if we had a 3 point threat. We hit them here and there this season, but never really had a guy who could just drain them.

I think it was Rotnei Clarke in the TW who shot 100 3-pointers and made like 94. It was either him or the aggy commit, Keiton Page. I like Capel's style of play, he stresses defense, which isn't really common these days when most teams just play shoot-out basketball. Seems like everytime we'd rob the ball from someone, we'd have to settle for a rebound after a wide open man downcourt missed an easy three.

Anyone else think the same? Just wondering...
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Re: OU needs 3 pointer presence in 2007-2008 MBB:

We do need good guards who can shoot, but no one really plays shootout basketball like you say. Possessions per game are much lower than they were 10-15 years ago. Scoring is lower, too.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders