Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member Sooner24's Avatar
    vCash

What is your favorite OU basketball moment?

Mine would have to be not a single moment but one that was spread out over three days. 1990 when we beat #1 Missouri on Saturday 107-90 then turned around and beat the new #1 team, Kansas, on Monday night 100-78.
    We not only beat those two teams but beat them silly. To this day nobody has beaten the #1 back-to-back and probably never will. I have never heard the LNC as loud as it was at those two games.
    Sooner Legends Inn & Suites

Voted #1 Hotel in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #2 Overall Restaurant in Norman, OK - 2009
    Voted #1 Catering in Norman, OK - 2009

1 Corinthians 1:18---For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Re: What is your favorite OU basketball moment?

I'm trying to remember some buzzer beaters those usually stick out.

Tubbs didn't have a lot of those because his teams usually won easily. But the moment for Tubbs is against Missouri when he went over the PA.

Beating Arizona in 99.

Hollis Price against Tech even though the clock helped us.

I'm thinking that Jameel Heywood had a big last second shot against someone. Maybe Missouri?

SoonerFans.com Elite Member King Crimson's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWingSooner
    I'm trying to remember some buzzer beaters those usually stick out.

Tubbs didn't have a lot of those because his teams usually won easily. But the moment for Tubbs is against Missouri when he went over the PA.

Beating Arizona in 99.

Hollis Price against Tech even though the clock helped us.

I'm thinking that Jameel Heywood had a big last second shot against someone. Maybe Missouri?
    Jameel had the big putback against MU. i think that was the last time we won in Columbia. 99?

Mizzou 90. 'cause i drove overnight with a buddy from LA (talked him into it) from Colorado....we scalped tickets and went right into the game. hadn't been in Norman for half an hour...parked at my mom's house.

the OU-UNLV games with Billy and Tark were spectacles. and we won most of them.

OU-Maryland. Dad blows off a hoity toity Christmas party in North OKC, gets in hot water with his wife, takes his son fresh off the plane to watch the Sooners blow out Lonny Baxter, Juan Dixon, Steve Blake, Chris Wilcox and the future NCAA champs at the LNC. having a couple brews and a pastrami sandwich at the Library, checking the ESPN highlights with the rest of America afterwards was the proverbial Auerbach cigar.

OU beats UC-Irvine at the LNC to go to the NIT Final Four. that was big.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member OU_Sooners75's Avatar
    vCash

1988...OU beats the **** out of Arizona to make it to the Finals....

Worst, has to be KU (which we destroyed the previous 3 times that year) and Danny Manning winning the MVP of teh Tourney!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Big Red Ron's Avatar
    vCash

A long moment but a moment indeed, averaging 100 points a game for three straight seasons from about 1886-89.

A ton of games when Hollis Price was here. If it weren't for Hollis, Sampson's entire career at OU would be known for one and Done in the NCAA tourny.
    Know thy self,
    know thy enemy.
    A thousand battles,
    a thousand victories. - Sun Tzu (500 B.C.)

Hollis Price didn't play well due to injury in his last tourney, yet we went to the Elite 8. Aaron McGee was the key to the Final 4 not Price. Also we went to the Sweet 16 without Price.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by King Crimson
    i think that was the last time we won in Columbia. 99?
    You forgot the Drew Lavender dribble the length of the floor and lay it up with 0.1 seconds left and then the team sprinting off the court to the locker room to make it harder to contest. That was teh awesome.

The OU-Kansas games at LNC Kelvin's first few years were always rockin'.
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    -Marshall McLuhan

vCash

Piawkowtski going nuts for 40 some points in an overtime win in the early 90's
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Newbomb Turk's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by royalfan5
    Piawkowtski going nuts for 40 some points in an overtime win in the early 90's
    my favorite is a tie - every game OU has beaten Nebraska.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Taxman71's Avatar
    vCash

1. Tisdale's slam sealing the victory over Georgia Tech and Mark Price at the LNC in 1985.

2. Beating #1 UNLV at the LNC in 1987.

3. Tisdale's rim-hanger at the buzzer to beat La Tech and Karl Malone in the 1985 NCAA tourney.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Hollis over bobbis knight!
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Kenny Pryor's two-handed jump shot to beat Texas in 1947 and send us into the national championship game against Bob Cousy and Holy Cross. We had to take a long train ride to get to the finals site. Our guys were flat worn out when we lost to Holy Cross. A funny picture showed Kenny shooting the final shot and Dick Reich was wide open under our basket.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 CtheB's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Taxman71
    1. Tisdale's slam sealing the victory over Georgia Tech and Mark Price at the LNC in 1985.

2. Beating #1 UNLV at the LNC in 1987.

3. Tisdale's rim-hanger at the buzzer to beat La Tech and Karl Malone in the 1985 NCAA tourney.

Number 1, Taxman, same game.... Bowie's flying through the air one handed throwdown over Salley off a missed shot that gave us the lead for good.

Anyone says that the LNC can't rock should've been there. The place about came apart.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Hatfield's Avatar
    vCash

today we were talking about when najera and cleeves knocked each other out
    man eddie hustled.
    In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Remembering Tom Stidham
    Kenny Pryor's two-handed jump shot .

This dont seem like anything out of the ordinary unless Kenny only had one hand??/ Dont most people shoot with two hands?
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Jeopardude
    You forgot the Drew Lavender dribble the length of the floor and lay it up with 0.1 seconds left and then the team sprinting off the court to the locker room to make it harder to contest.
    That happened against K-State.

the_ouskull

Oh, wait, MY basketball moment is when, in 1994, Ernie Abercrombie hit a 3 pointer to put us over #1 Kansas on Big Monday in Norman. Kansas had just gotten ranked #1 that day, and OU had just gotten ranked #25 that day. It was amazing. An absolutely amazing game.

I think that Kelvin's Krew drawing a Tech out of Roy helped too...
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

SoonerFans.com Elite Member TopDawg's Avatar
    vCash

You forgot the Drew Lavender dribble the length of the floor and lay it up with 0.1 seconds left and then the team sprinting off the court to the locker room to make it harder to contest.
    n/m...skull got it

My favorite was the 99' upset of Arizona and getting to run onto the court and celebrate with the team.

You forgot the Drew Lavender dribble the length of the floor and lay it up with 0.1 seconds left and then the team sprinting off the court to the locker room to make it harder to contest. That was teh awesome.

The OU-Kansas games at LNC Kelvin's first few years were always rockin'.
    That was against KSU.

Now I found out Skull beat me.

I forgot about Abercrombie's 3 that has to be number 2 in the Sampson era. I can't put it above the Arizona Hump tip in.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by the_ouskull
    That happened against K-State.

the_ouskull

Oh, wait, MY basketball moment is when, in 1994, Ernie Abercrombie hit a 3 pointer to put us over #1 Kansas on Big Monday in Norman. Kansas had just gotten ranked #1 that day, and OU had just gotten ranked #25 that day. It was amazing. An absolutely amazing game.

I stand corrected. n/m
    I don't necessarily agree with everything I say.
    -Marshall McLuhan

CEO, Devastation, Inc. John Kochtoston's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by the_ouskull

Certainly the best moment for me in person.

Ever...maybe the comeback against Puke, even though we eventually lost. But, to avoid sounding Aggy, I'll go with the tip-in against Arizona in '99.