Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    SoonerFans.com Elite Member OUAndy1807's Avatar
    vCash

what pro team should I root for?

I am thinking I will start following baseball again and I need a team to root for. I'd prefer someone whose games are on quite a bit in the OKC area so that I can watch them and I have the following preferences already:

* I usually pull for Boston because of my extreme hatred for the Yankees.
    * I don't really care to pull for Texas teams.
    * I would start rooting for the Cardinals, but I don't want to be a bandwagon jumpers
    * I have no desire to root for a team from Chicago whose front office has no desire to win and whose fans are happy being the lovable losers.

Are there any other options? The Royals maybe?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ardmore_Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: what pro team should I root for?

I wouldn't accuse you of being a bandwagon jumper if you became a Cardinal fan, I'd be happy knowing that another soul has seen the light!
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted...

party pooper
    vCash

The White Sox.

The only downside is that if you really want to follow them, you need an Ozzie-To-English translator for the press conferences.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 reevie's Avatar
    vCash

Get that MLB Extra Innings package, start watching games. You'll find out that you end up watching a team or two more often. I was surprised how often I would watch the Reds and Angels.

Just a note of caution if you decide to do this, they black out all Cardinal, Royal, Ranger and Astro games in the OKC market.

vCash

Oakland!!!!

Even though Barry Zito is a money grubbing bastard!
    Like my old grand daddy used to say, "The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect."

2006 Oklahoma Sooners
    2007 Oklahoma Sooners
    2008 Oklahoma Sooners

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

I have been an Astros fan for nearly 30 years and they have been a lot of fun to watch lately. Even if Clemens is a Tucking Fexas grad and he may return for another year with the team they are a refreshing throw back style team that plays hard and has a great manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefun
    it is not natural to be optimistic and a cowboy fan unless it is the off season.

vCash

Get on the Royals bandwagon now.
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Umm... don't root for the White Sox, right now you'll be called a bandwagoneer and Josh Fields will probably be their 3rd baseman by the end of the year.

Royals... I really don't know anything about their team, other than they haven't been good for awhile.

Cardinal fans are usually pretty classy. Their team usually does well, too. Their new ballpark looks nice, even though I've never been there. I don't like 'em, but I'm biased.

Of my friends from texas, Houston Astros seem more popular. I don't like 'em either, but I'm biased.

I'm a Cubs fan. Yea sure, my team spent a lot of money in the offseason, but I think a lot of it is in the wrong place and was reactionary. It's kinda like oSu saying they're serious about football after building their facilities.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Ike
    The White Sox.

The only downside is that if you really want to follow them, you need an Ozzie-To-English translator for the press conferences.
    and you might get attacked by their fans if they are on drugs and mistake your baserunning signs for obscene gestures. Ask Tom Gamboa
    For the good old American lifestyle: For the money, for the glory, and for the fun... mostly for the money.

party pooper
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by tommieharris91
    Umm... don't root for the White Sox, right now you'll be called a bandwagoneer and Josh Fields will probably be their 3rd baseman by the end of the year.

Royals... I really don't know anything about their team, other than they haven't been good for awhile.

Cardinal fans are usually pretty classy. Their team usually does well, too. Their new ballpark looks nice, even though I've never been there. I don't like 'em, but I'm biased.

Of my friends from texas, Houston Astros seem more popular. I don't like 'em either, but I'm biased.

I'm a Cubs fan. Yea sure, my team spent a lot of money in the offseason, but I think a lot of it is in the wrong place and was reactionary. It's kinda like oSu saying they're serious about football after building their facilities.

Oh please...the sox are the only team to ever win a world series and not get a bandwagon out of it.

vCash

I would say go for a team in the NL Central. Year in and year out it is by far the most competitive top to bottom. Between the Reds, Cardinals, Brewers, Pirates, Astros, Cubs you can't go wrong. Since you don't like half those teams I would go with a team like the reds.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

Oh please...the sox are the only team to ever win a world series and not get a bandwagon out of it.
    No, the only times they'd ever sell out their dump of a stadium was when the Cubs or Yankees would play there. After their World Series win, they started selling well. I also noticed a lot of sux merchandise popping up, even around Norman, after they won the WS.
    "If your dream ain't bigger than you, there's a problem with your dream." -Deion Sanders

vCash

A team has to have some likable qualities to get a bandwagon. Name a likeable Sock. And if there was one they are canceled out by Ozzie and A.J.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Boomer_Sooner_sax's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by royalfan5
    A team has to have some likable qualities to get a bandwagon. Name a likeable Sock. And if there was one they are canceled out by Ozzie and A.J.
    AJ is the biggest tool in baseball. I hate that guy. The best is when he got clocked by Barrett!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by bri View Post
    Yes there is: Two women in handcuffs, going to town on each other like their special lady areas have the antidote.

vCash

I say Astros. I know you aren't looking for a texas team, but they have good pitching this year, not great like years past, and they have upped there offense some. Besides, Morgan Ensberg is one of the nicest guys in baseball and all of the players are pretty cool as well. No tools on this team.
    Yes there is: Two women in handcuffs, going to town on each other like their special lady areas have the antidote.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Astros.

The past 3 years the season has came down to the last regular season game. I know I'm biased towards them, but they have had some of the most exciting games in recent years.

Quote Originally Posted by reevie
    Just a note of caution if you decide to do this, they black out all Cardinal, Royal, Ranger and Astro games in the OKC market.
    Wish I would've known this before I sprung for the satellite package last year. That was a great waste of $160. I'm going to spring for MLB.tv this year and go through a proxy. Hopefully that'll work.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUAndy1807
    * I usually pull for Boston because of my extreme hatred for the Yankees.
    * I would start rooting for the Cardinals, but I don't want to be a bandwagon jumpers
    Boston is the biggest bandwagon in all of sports. I'm so sick of the pity party that Boston gets. They're almost as bad about spending as the Yankees they just don't have the hardware to show for it.

Also, the Marlins will be a fun team to watch for the next few years. Lots of young talent that probably won't be cut until the Marlins win another WS in the next couple of years.

vCash

http://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/...als-241517.php

This aptly sums up the experience of a Royals fan the last few years. How could you turn that down?

vCash

Besides, Minute Maid Park is one of the coolest parks in the country...can't argue with the big train in left field!

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 reevie's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by jaux
    Pirates. You'll thank me later.

Jason Bay and OCU's Freddie Sanchez definately make them worthy to watch.