Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SoonerShark's Avatar
    vCash

How in the world does UT shoot 20 more free throws than we do?

At today's game, 02/24/2007, UT won by 10 and shot 20 more free throw shots than we did, 32-12, hitting over 70%. Of course, the ringer that UT bought in, I mean brought in, for one year, Durant was 9-14 including 5 of 6 from the 3 point range. I hate to agree with Bobby Knight, but a team suiting up kids like a Carmello Anthony or a Durant who never need to attend class because they are one year and out is a bit sleazy. If Durant comes back next year, I apologize to him and UT, otherwise they are both a bit sleazy. Nevertheless, when you hit more field goals than the UT team and lose because they shoot 20 more free shots on ghost fouls that is ridiculous. I sit beside the visitor's bench on the 5th row and several of the fouls called on OU just DID NOT HAPPEN.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member crawfish's Avatar
    vCash

Re: How in the world does UT shoot 20 more free throws than we do?

*TWEEEET*

FOUL! BREATHING ON KEVIN DURANT!!! TWO SHOTS AND POSSESSION!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member GrapevineSooner's Avatar
    vCash

Kevin Durant kind of got the Dwyane Wade treatment from the refs today.

And that annoys me.

Especially, since we were the home team today.
    Just imagine there's a really obnoxious graphical sig here

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

I don't wanna say anything about that. I don't wanna get reprimanded. But one of my favorite rappers is Jay Z. He says men lie, women lie, but numbers don't. -Jeff Capel, on the refs and Texas shooting 20 more free throws than OU.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

How many 2nd half fouls were there? I know it's lopsided toward texass.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Octavian's Avatar
    vCash

it was 8-2 when the first object was thrown onto the floor

vCash

LOVE that quote from Capel.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapevineSooner
    Kevin Durant kind of got the Dwyane Wade treatment from the refs today.

And that annoys me.

Especially, since we were the home team today.

Has it ever occured to you that D-Wade gets so many calls because he attacks the basket more than anyone else?

And as for:

"Of course, the ringer that UT bought in, I mean brought in, for one year, Durant was 9-14 including 5 of 6 from the 3 point range. I hate to agree with Bobby Knight, but a team suiting up kids like a Carmello Anthony or a Durant who never need to attend class because they are one year and out is a bit sleazy. If Durant comes back next year, I apologize to him and UT, otherwise they are both a bit sleazy."

If you are doing something within the framework of the rules, by definition, it isn't sleazy..........now having six guys on a dealership payroll who get paid for doing no work..............

Texas was the more aggressive teams. More aggressive teams usually get more fouls called. Really I have no problem with how we played in the second half defensively. The problem was we allowed them to do way too much in the first half. They could have easily scored 60 by halftime.

vCash

Angry Re: How in the world does UT shoot 20 more free throws than we do?

Quote Originally Posted by General Applewhite
    If you are doing something within the framework of the rules, by definition, it isn't sleazy..........now having six guys on a dealership payroll who get paid for doing no work..............

Quote Originally Posted by olevetonahill
    You go Boy trying to follow your logic here Is like chasin a chicken .

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ardmore_Sooner's Avatar
    vCash

Kinda like having a football player getting arrested driving around with weapons? I find laws a little more important than rules.
    Nothing is true, everything is permitted...

Durant deserved pretty much all the calls he got. He's a beast.

I thought the refs blew the whistle on some ticky-tack calls away from the paint, and they made the obvious mistake on the 10 second call. But overall, the more athletic/more agressive team got to the line more often. Period.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUSKINS
    Durant deserved pretty much all the calls he got. He's a beast.
    Well, he got about a 100 calls so I guess there were only about 10 for sure bad calls. I guess 90% is "deserving pretty much all the calls he got."

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Ash's Avatar
    vCash

Yes, aggresive teams get the calls.

But, the officiating in this game was ****ing horrendous.

Texas was not that much more aggressive than OU to warrant twice as many calls.

Many of the calls were on the perimeter or outside the paint or on plays not involving players driving to the basket.

Wifey and me watched it on TV. There were many "calls" where replay showed no contact by the offending OU player.

suxiT did not deserve twice as many calls tonight.

Capel does not lose his cool like he did today without just cause.

Now, maybe OU wins anyway with a better offensive performance. Many times OU would get a defensive stop or chance to cut the lead and fail to convert. This is clearly the reason for the loss.

But don't kid yourself about the officiating.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by SoonerShark
    At today's game, 02/24/2007, UT won by 10 and shot 20 more free throw shots than we did, 32-12, hitting over 70%.
    Part of it had to do with Capel's antics on the missed half court violation in the second half. If that was intentional to get the refs attention it was BADLY mis-timed. I am sure that he'll be a good game coach with a few more seasons under his belt, but he hurt OU with that stunt IMO.

Hook'em
    "But the pieces were there for success. Not BCS success. Not beat-Vince-Young success. But beat-TCU success. Beat-Baylor-before-overtime success."

Collier11, a Sooner Fan

Quote Originally Posted by OUSKINS
    But overall, the more athletic/more agressive team got to the line more often. Period.
    That's the ticket.

We don't/can't attack the basket. When we were on the winning streak and Carter was ballin', Carter was being aggressive taking it to the hoop and getting to the foul line. We haven't seen that lately.

vCash

Has it ever occured to you that D-Wade gets so many calls because he attacks the basket more than anyone else?

And as for:

"Of course, the ringer that UT bought in, I mean brought in, for one year, Durant was 9-14 including 5 of 6 from the 3 point range. I hate to agree with Bobby Knight, but a team suiting up kids like a Carmello Anthony or a Durant who never need to attend class because they are one year and out is a bit sleazy. If Durant comes back next year, I apologize to him and UT, otherwise they are both a bit sleazy."

Have you checked out my sig?

Attacking the bucket and falling down should not get you calls.

Now like I said in another thread, this isn't really Wade's fault. It's the fault of the refs for buying his embellishments.

Durant certainly wasn't falling down ala Wade. But he got some star-treatment calls today.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by william_brasky
    That's the ticket.

We don't/can't attack the basket. When we were on the winning streak and Carter was ballin', Carter was being aggressive taking it to the hoop and getting to the foul line. We haven't seen that lately.
    Carter went to the post plenty of times but wasn't as effective as usual.

OU's inability to convert offensively cost them the game. But, that doesn't take away from the craptastic officiating. It was brutal.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TJKDone
    Part of it had to do with Capel's antics on the missed half court violation in the second half. If that was intentional to get the refs attention it was BADLY mis-timed. I am sure that he'll be a good game coach with a few more seasons under his belt, but he hurt OU with that stunt IMO.

Hook'em
    I don't think that was intentional. I think it was a raw, pure, emotional response to finally having enough of some pretty crappy officiating in the second half. The way I see it, some of those foul calls were judgement calls.

There's no excuse for missing a 10 second call like that. If there's 35 seconds on the shot clock and 4:01 left in the game, and by the team the Texas player crosses the midcourt stripe, the shot clock is down to 24 and the game clock is at 3:50....

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out 11 seconds is more than 10.

It's about as inexcusable as giving the ball to one team on an onside kick when the other team comes out with the ball.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by GrapevineSooner
    I don't think that was intentional. I think it was a raw, pure, emotional response to finally having enough of some pretty crappy officiating in the second half. The way I see it, some of those foul calls were judgement calls.

There's no excuse for missing a 10 second call like that. If there's 35 seconds on the shot clock and 4:01 left in the game, and by the team the Texas player crosses the midcourt stripe, the shot clock is down to 24 and the game clock is at 3:50....

Well, it shouldn't be that hard to figure out 11 seconds is more than 10.

It's about as inexcusable as giving the ball to one team on an onside kick when the other team comes out with the ball.

but true...