Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Will Kelvin Come Back For Senior Night?

Interesting question.

Indiana plays on Saturday, the 24th. They don't play again until their game at Northwestern on Wed., the 28th.

Our senior night is against KU on the 26th. Kellen will be honored along with the other seniors, and they are usually joined by their parents. That would leave Kelvin plenty of time to catch a quick flight and be back in Indiana in time. At most, he'd have to miss their practice on Monday.

I don't really care either way, but I do think it would be kind of cool scene.

Sooner Starter
    vCash

Re: Will Kelvin Come Back For Senior Night?

I bet his mom and maybe grandparents show up, but no kelvin. just a baseless prediction.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OUSKINS
    Interesting question.

Indiana plays on Saturday, the 24th. They don't play again until their game at Northwestern on Wed., the 28th.

Our senior night is against KU on the 26th. Kellen will be honored along with the other seniors, and they are usually joined by their parents. That would leave Kelvin plenty of time to catch a quick flight and be back in Indiana in time. At most, he'd have to miss their practice on Monday.

I don't really care either way, but I do think it would be kind of cool scene.

If he does I hope the fans at the game are classy enough to give him at least a warm ovation or rather an ovation for Kellen while his dad is there. I appreciate some of the things that Kelvin accomplished but even if you have a low opinion of him right now I think Kellen deserves the good recognition.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

He will be here, he is a proud father!! Kelvin gave us many great years and while I hold some bitterness for the trouble he got us into, it doesnt take the place of all the good he did!!
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

I'm not a huge Kelvin fan, and never was. However, I do respect what he did at OU-- let's face it, when it was all said and done, Kelvin was a success in Norman-- I would have preffered more post-season success, but hey, he did reach a Final Four, a Sweet 16, and an Elite 8. The man was a good coach for the Sooners, period.

But that isn't the point. If Kelvin returns for Kellen's night, I would be APPALLED if the fans were anything but gracious.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

He will not be there. He will be at his graduation though. Just a guess.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11
    He will be here, he is a proud father!! Kelvin gave us many great years and while I hold some bitterness for the trouble he got us into, it doesnt take the place of all the good he did!!
    Ditto.
    Owen '05-'26 122-54-16 .677 (Foundation)
    Wilkinson '47-'63 145-29-4 .829 (DYNASTY 1) 3 NC
    Switzer '73-'88 157-29-4 .837(DYNASTY 2) 3 NC
    Stoops '99- PRESENT 179-46.793 (DYNASTY 3) 1 NC and still WAITING

At OU tradition is about more than just one coach 861-319-53 .720

Scattergun toting Posse member

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

My guess is Kelvin doesn't come back, nor should he. His team needs to win another game or two to feel secure about his at-large chances, and he needs to be in Bloomington helping his players and assistants practice.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

I hope that he does, for Kellen especially, but if he doesn't, I get it. (Not because of the OU stuff, but because he's in the middle of a season...)

the_ouskull
    Skull=the most underrated poster in SoonerFans.com history. -- gdc, 09/05

skull makes people want to go sit in the corner and hang their heads in shame when he responds to their posts. -- birddog, 01/09

skull makes you feel like you are the dumbest motherf*cker on the planet... -- soonerinabilene, 08/09

My staff is getting tired of me making them read your posts. -- birddog, 10/09

As is pretty much always the case, I agree with Skull. -- A Sooner in Texas, 11/09

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 sooner518's Avatar
    vCash

im on the "i hope he does and gets a good ovation" train
    Quote Originally Posted by bri
    NOW, WITNESS THE ORANGE POWER OF THIS FULLY OPERATIONAL HALF-EMPTY STADIUM!!!!!

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Hope he wears a blue shirt.

Kelvin has said he's coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWingSooner
    Kelvin has said he's coming back.
    Where did you hear that? He is long gone, Indiana has too much going on to come back to OU. He is in the middle of a cluster-fudsicle in that tough Big Ten.

In interviews he has said he is coming back for senior night. I didn't mean he's coming back to coach. And another site is reporting he will be there for Sr night

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 soonervegas's Avatar
    vCash

I will give it my best golf clap for Kelvin. I appreciate all the success at OU, but he did cheat.

vCash

I heard James Hale say yesterday morning that Kelvin would be present for senior night and that he expected (hoped) that the fans would show class and be appreciative.

I'll be there and I plan to give him just as big an ovation as any of the seniors.

Sooner Benchwarmer
    vCash

I always liked and supported Kelvin and I definitely appreciated all he did while he was here, but I'm a huge homer and refuse to forgive anyone who leaves OU for another Division I job without getting fired, regardless of how much "better" the job is. I blame him directly for us not getting to the tournament this year, and that ****es me off. Sadly, I can't make it up for the game today. If I were there I wouldn't do anything stupid and classless like boo, but I definitely wouldn't applaud him. I'd give one hell of a cheer for Kellen's dedication for the past four years though.

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by boomersooner82
    I always liked and supported Kelvin and I definitely appreciated all he did while he was here, but I'm a huge homer and refuse to forgive anyone who leaves OU for another Division I job without getting fired, regardless of how much "better" the job is. I blame him directly for us not getting to the tournament this year, and that ****es me off. Sadly, I can't make it up for the game today. If I were there I wouldn't do anything stupid and classless like boo, but I definitely wouldn't applaud him. I'd give one hell of a cheer for Kellen's dedication for the past four years though.
    Just out of curiosity, do you feel the same way about Billy Tubbs? Not trying to turn this into a Tubbs v. Sampson debate at all, but at least Kelvin left for what's arguably a better job.

Sampson will be there. I hope he gets every bit of the recognition the other parents get. The day is about Kellen and Longar anyhow.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)

Sampson will be there. I hope he gets every bit of the recognition the other parents get. The day is about Kellen and Longar anyhow.
    Longar is a junior isnt he?
    Sooner born, Still being bred...

Soon to be Memphibian

Anchorage-->Tuscaloosa-->Memphis-->Huntsville
    vCash

You are correct. Man, I was SURE Longar was a senior. Awesome-here's hoping he improves as much this offseason as he did the last.

My bad. It's about Kellen, Mike, and Chris.
    "The choices we discern as having been made in the Constitutional Convention impose burdens on governmental proceses that often seem clumsy, inefficient, even unworkable, but those hard choices were consciously made by men who had lived under a form of government that permitted arbitrary governmental acts to go unchecked." INS v. Chadha, 462 U.S. 919 (1983) (Burger, C.J.)