Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tim Hardaway

Tim Hardaway

wow

SoonerFans.com Elite Member sanantoniosooner's Avatar
    vCash

Re: Tim Hardaway

This from a guy who made his name on a "cross-over" move.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Beef's Avatar
    vCash

I don't understand the apology. For once, I would like to see someone admit that what they said was what they meant and how they feel.

And how hard is it to say "I really don't have a comment one way or the other on this"?
    Quote Originally Posted by C&CDean
    Him being a ****ing tard does. You don't smack down your mongoloid cousin when he spits taters across the table.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

give him credit for being honest I guess. The guy obviously has no liking towards homosexuals. I wonder what his response would be if someone came on the radio and said that they hate blacks because they are black and dont belong in this country though, kind of a stupid thing to say on his part even if he does feel that way!!
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

A lot of people in this country agree with him, and that makes me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member
    Wishing I was moving to Monroe, Oklahoma...
    vCash

So are we going to excoriate him for his opinion? If so, then the PC police have won...

We don't have to like what he said, we can even think it is wrong, but I see no reason for him to apologize. I wouldn't apologize for any opinion I have.

Gee, I might have to go around and apologize for liking the Boy Scout Organization, liking conservative political policy and for liking meat and a big medium rare piece of rib-eye steak...Uh, I don't like gays/lesbians particularly, but then, it is mostly for those who have the "in-your-face" attitude. I don't like people who throw their sexuality in my face. I mean, if you're gonna smooch, grope, hang on, etc., then get a room and take it out of the public forum. Otherwise, I got no problem with people.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

I don't think he apologized for his opinion.

He apologized for stating it.

It's not bad taste to have a crappy opinion, but it is bad taste to share it in particular circumstances.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Okieflyer's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by TheHumanAlphabet
    So are we going to excoriate him for his opinion? If so, then the PC police have won...

We don't have to like what he said, we can even think it is wrong, but I see no reason for him to apologize. I wouldn't apologize for any opinion I have.

Gee, I might have to go around and apologize for liking the Boy Scout Organization, liking conservative political policy and for liking meat and a big medium rare piece of rib-eye steak...Uh, I don't like gays/lesbians particularly, but then, it is mostly for those who have the "in-your-face" attitude. I don't like people who throw their sexuality in my face. I mean, if you're gonna smooch, grope, hang on, etc., then get a room and take it out of the public forum. Otherwise, I got no problem with people.
    I can agree with this, however I think the bad part was the "hate" part. Not talking in the hate crime sense of the work. But to say you hate someone is pretty tough.

I don't hate them, I just don't want to hear about what they do behind closed doors.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by sanantoniosooner

It's not bad taste to have a crappy opinion, but it is bad taste to share it in particular circumstances.
    Well it certainly wasn't the most eloquent way of speaking his opinion. But then, I don't think we would attribute to a NBA player the attributes we might of a debater or a public, professional politician.

I do agree with the post above that if he spoke of not liking the "lifestyle", etc, rather than "hatin'", then that wouldn't be so bad.
    Everything progressives do is aimed at weakening democracy, capitalism and the social and cultural institutions that support those things...... They are about subjugating people and being a ruling class.

vCash

Exactly...He has every right to feel that way although I wish people werent like that, but he could have said it differently.

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

see, now if he had said it this way it's not as big of a story. It's the careless way he threw around the word 'hate'.

he's got freedom of speech to say what he felt he had to say. Part of having that freedom of speech is the fact that when you say something that can be perceived as 'stupid', you are going to take a lot of abuse from other people whom don't agree with you via their freedom of speech.

Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if ole Timmy there doesn't realize it but he's definitely played against, and possibly on the same team as a gay person at some point in his life while playing basketball.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

I dont think this is a case of the PC police winning, I for one hate all the PC these days but I also dont think that has anything to do with offending a group of people intentionally and blatantly.

~ Ivan Maisel

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by Collier11
    I dont think this is a case of the PC police winning, I for one hate all the PC these days but I also dont think that has anything to do with offending a group of people intentionally and blatantly.
    I disagree. Every news story I have head on this topic, points to the fact that he doesn't like gays. The news angle is so PC...like they are the arbitters of public opinion and/or thinking...

I agree with ScottD - if he hadn't used the word hate would this be such an issue? But I wonder if the "'hood speak" (for lack of better terminology) the word "hate" is downgraded in meaning. Like "don't be hating" or "he hate me", etc.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Scott D's Avatar
    vCash

Nah, not hood speak....he flat out said "I hate gay people" nothing hood about that. On the other hand, he'd be a national hero in Jamaica.
    "The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat." - Sam Snead

vCash

I disagree. Every news story I have head on this topic, points to the fact that he doesn't like gays. The news angle is so PC...like they are the arbitters of public opinion and/or thinking...

I agree with ScottD - if he hadn't used the word hate would this be such an issue? But I wonder if the "'hood speak" (for lack of better terminology) the word "hate" is downgraded in meaning. Like "don't be hating" or "he hate me", etc.

He can voice his dislike for that lifestyle without stating that he "hates" them. That is just piling on IMO. He could have very easily said something to the tune of "I really dont agree with that lifestyle, it doesnt go along with my values, and it makes me uncomfortable" That is him still being honest without attacking them

~ Ivan Maisel

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

If the Amechie guy smacked Tim on the arse in the locker room is that now sexual harrasment instead of team comaraderie?

vCash

Does change the locker room comraderie doesn't it.

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by MojoRisen
    If the Amechie guy smacked Tim on the arse in the locker room is that now sexual harrasment instead of team comaraderie?
    Perhaps he could introduce himself the Hard-a-way.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Perhaps he could introduce himself the Hard-a-way.
    Or just give em the RODMAN....

Got nothin

vCash

I don't like faggots either, I don't hate them, but we are now bending over backwords to make them look normal. Why did the reporter choose to report it in this manner? He knew it would grab more headlines than what he originally was going for.

If I was doing an interview with someone and they started saying I hate black people, or kids or veterans or something I didn't agree with I'd be like "end of interview, my time is too precious to waste talking with you." I sure wouldn't give him the tools to carry his message. The reporter is a ******.