Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

osu looks B-A-D!!

Down 83-54 and they lose by 29. We are still ahead of them in the Big 12 standings. If we finish ahead of them, do they go NIT?

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Re: osu IS B-A-D!!

I'm tired of hearing about their RPI, and their neutral court wins over Big East teams. Fact is, they SUCK away from their barn.
    They play sloppy, undisciplined ball, and Sutton's not cracking their asses back into line just so he can say he's not his old man. How many more Big Monday games do they get anyway?

Re: osu looks B-A-D!!

yeah we will probably get screwed and osu will get the invite to the big dance! we deserve a invite way more than stoolwaters boys right now!
    RUNNER

SoonerFans.com Elite Member tommieharris91's Avatar
    vCash

You should see the meltdown at orangepower.com

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 jdsooner's Avatar
    vCash

They are asking if Sean Sutton is osu's Joey Meyer.

Brewmaster

vCash

nm
    Last edited by GottaHavePride; 2/13/2007 at 11:30 AM.
    ... that's not food.

I said Biiiiiiiitch-- goingoneight's Avatar
    vCash

i have to say, I am really into Capel's defensive philosophy. I was in Norman/OKC during the ****** game and I can only imagine what OUr team is gonna look like when Capel starts landing his own talent to do that stuff. We really have a good team out there right now, and they're not just good because of high-scoring shootouts ala Sampson's teams. Not trying to take anything away from KS, but the only real weakness I'm seeing is just skill. I mean, you can run Capel's system all day long, but you need guys who can drain 3's, and hit big shots. We're kind of hot-and-cold on the big shots, but we still end up in games that we "technically" shouldn't still be in at times.

Anyone else understand kinda what I'm talking about? I also enjoy the fact that Cpael controls himself and doesn't charge the court like SS does down in the Stool.
    "One has to wonder about the structural integrity of the Vintage Cotton Bowl the last 14 years. There's been a lot of weight on that Oklahoma side."

SoonerFans.com Elite Member birddog's Avatar
    vCash

SoonerFans.com Elite Member Collier11's Avatar
    vCash

what is funny is they are so dillusional...they lose by 29 and they are ripping their own fans for saying that the team is bad??
    Ranger Reese of OVJ country, Patrollin tha hood.

I Survived Drunkytown with OleVet and all I got was this rash!

With a record of 109-23 (.826) and six Big 12 championships in 10 seasons, Stoops has reason to be arrogant. But he is not. He is somewhere between humble and unimpressed.
    ~ Ivan Maisel

http://sportslife11.blogspot.com/

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 SleestakSooner's Avatar
    In a cardboard box... down by the Dempsey Dumpster.
    vCash

It is hard to read, all that orange gives me a splitting headache and reminds me of my high school days.
    Quote Originally Posted by pokefun
    it is not natural to be optimistic and a cowboy fan unless it is the off season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

OSU is really in a free-fall. They are going from a top 10 team to a bubble team in 3 weeks. This might be an example of how there isn't necessarily a magic # of overall wins to make the tourney. They are sitting on 19 wins right now but at 5-5 they probably need at least 3 more wins to make the tourney.

Plus they looked like they flat out quit last night. It is starting to get warm in the hamster wheel.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

I imagine that only having what 7-8 people who can play and playing them a lot is starting to take its toll. They have some talent but what they need right now is rest. I don't think they have anything left in their tank for the post season.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 OSUAggie's Avatar
    vCash

OSU is not going to miss the tourney, even after posting another ugly loss on the road. Orangepower is full of morons and students, which is typically one in the same. This team is not in meltdown mode. They do, however, suck balls away from home. They're tired. If/when Obi comes back, that will help immensely.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1 Rock Hard Corn Frog's Avatar
    vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OSUAggie
    OSU is not going to miss the tourney, even after posting another ugly loss on the road. Orangepower is full of morons and students, which is typically one in the same. This team is not in meltdown mode. They do, however, suck balls away from home. They're tired. If/when Obi comes back, that will help immensely.
    If you add "probably" in front of not, I'd at least agree with you that you should but I have to disagree on the team not being in meltdown mode. They were mailing it in the end of the game yesterday. It was pretty apparent. You are not a "lock" at this point.

Plus I know in the end it doesn't matter in the standings if you win at home by 1 or by 20 but even at home you are fortunate to have beaten Tex, OU,TT and Bay. ISU gave you a test for a while too. Those 5 wins are by an average of 5 points. Not exactly dominant on the home court. Meanwhile you are losing by an average of 17 points a game on the road.

I think you beat MU who other than 1-2 games has been terrible since conference play started and I can see you beating KSU at home. I think A&M at home, @Bay,@TT and @Neb are all probably losses though and 7-9 in the league is going to make it tough to make the tourney. Even 8-8 could make it tough.
    "My landmass erupts with kittens."

vCash

We mail in games all the time. This is nothing new. We mailed in games in 2004 (BYU @TT). It doesn't mean the team is quitting.

Chalking up all of these future losses is a bit unfair. Although we're "barely winning" our home games, we're still undfefeated at home. The law of averages will give us a win or two in the remaining road games. They'll be fine. Round of 32, possibly Sweet 16 team. Nothing more than that.

SoonerFans.com Elite Member NormanPride's Avatar
    vCash

The fact that you consider osu a sweet 16 team right now means you need to put down the orange cool-aid. Seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by badger
    I'm changing your sig while you're not looking while I borrow your computer.

Sooner All-Big XII-2-1+1-1+1
    vCash

Hmmm...this looks like a question for the Sports Book.
    ''Does oSu get into the big dance?'' 200 says no...

vCash

Just trying to sober up.

Awesoministrator

vCash

Quote Originally Posted by OSUAggie
    If/when Obi comes back, that will help immensely.
    In terms of another body, maybe. After he comes back, it's going to take him 3-5 games just to get back to feeling sorta-comfortable out there.

vCash

Anybody else think Boggan sucks?